Problem in led headlights
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Problem in led headlights

Couple of days ago my 2018 xc60 T8 with adaptive led lights gave an error when switching to high beams (auto mode). Seems that one of the leds (two are for low beams and additional two for highs) has gone dark. Anyone had similar issue and can they change a single led or the whole light unit? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by t-man View Post
      Couple of days ago my 2018 xc60 T8 with adaptive led lights gave an error when switching to high beams (auto mode). Seems that one of the leds (two are for low beams and additional two for highs) has gone dark. Anyone had similar issue and can they change a single led or the whole light unit? Thanks!
      Headlamp adaptive led lights not exist on US market. It exists in the rest of the world

It is possible to replace only the control unit. I hope you have a guarantee as the headlamp is around 2000 EUR

Quote Originally Posted by BigBang View Post
      Headlamp adaptive led lights not exist on US market. It exists in the rest of the world

It is possible to replace only the control unit. I hope you have a guarantee as the headlamp is around 2000 EUR
      Of course, he has a warranty; his car is a MY18.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Hopefully it is just some wiring problem because the registry date for the car is 6.7.2017 and it's two years of warranty (?)

Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      Of course, he has a warranty; his car is a MY18.
      Indeed, what if the vehicle is delivery October, November 2017 and the warranty is 2 years

Among other things, you received a response from the owner
      Last edited by BigBang; 12-29-2019 at 04:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by t-man View Post
      Hopefully it is just some wiring problem because the registry date for the car is 6.7.2017 and it's two years of warranty (?)
      I don't think it's a wiring, since you have a problem with low beams and two for highs, maybe it's a control unit , costing around 300 EUR

No prob in low beams, only the other high beam led is dead in the left side. Lets see what the dealer has to say and even though the warranty has ended in Finland we have this thing called "expected life" (or something like that) since there is no user error involved and even it is a "wearable" item led lights should last longer than two years...

I absolutely agree.
      For example Skoda in new models on the Octavia and Superb gives a warranty on Full Matrix LED headlights up to 5 years
      Last edited by BigBang; 12-29-2019 at 07:07 AM.

11. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements