SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Overall, how satisfied are you with your 2019+ V60/V60 Cross Country?

• Completely Satisfied

Votes: 24 43.6%
  • Very Satisfied

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • Somewhat Satisfied

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Somewhat Dissatisfied

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very Dissatisfied

Votes: 1 1.8%

2019+ V60/V60 CC Owner Satisfaction Poll

6K views 31 replies 24 participants last post by  kemmons 
#1 ·
Overall, how satisfied are you with your 2019+ V60 or V60 Cross Country?

#3 ·
We are loving ours. I was a bit hesitant at first because the price was so much higher than our allroad. But I'm really enjoying the car so far. 1week / 350 miles, added Polestar and ordered/waiting for new wheels. Its currently getting ceramic coated and I'm trying to order all the mats, dog guard and roof rack stuff.

I'm also hoping someone will make some off road stuff for it.

But overall, it's great so far. Did great in the snow and the B&W sound is awesome!!

#4 ·
I wish that people that vote especially with partially or not satisfied would state the reason as that would help others to decide if the car is right for them.

As if you simply state not satisfied because your 8 feet tall and is not comfortable then it should be really disregarded to the overall score.

#11 · (Edited)
I'm not voting because I don't own one, yet. But the V60 Cross Country wagon is something I'm debating buying, as I like it very much (current owner of a 2001 V70XC wagon that I've owned since new, now at 240k+ miles and going strong). Here is what has kept from from buying a 2020 V60CC thus far: (1) inability to keep auto-start/stop off permanently (I understand this has been corrected for MY2020 cars, but it was an issue prior to correction); (2) inability to disable doors locking when car starts to move; (3) Sensus infotainment screen (waiting for Google OS to replace Sensus for MY2021 models); (4) climate-control buttons no longer as buttons/knobs; (5) drive-mode roller in poor location by armrest (should be on steering wheel); (6) inability to have Individual mode settings start up automatically by memory when you start the car; (7) inability to option the car without a glass roof; (8) glass roof without opaque cover (electrochromic smart glass would be nice, as appears to be coming in the Polestar 2); (8) gas tank smaller than I'd like (I'd prefer an 18- to 20-gallon tank). I also wish that we could have a PHEV version of the Cross Country wagons with electric and ICE power going equally to all four wheels, and with a 20-kWh (or larger) battery pack; the 10/11-kWh packs today are way too small (the RAV4 Prime will come out with a 17.8-kWh pack and 39 miles of all-electric range this coming summer).

#23 ·
According to my Dealer the Google OS will only be offered on the 2021 XC40 Recharge. I too was hoping it would show up on other MY2021's so I went ahead and have ordered a MY2020 or MY2021 V90 CC for OSD later this summer.

#7 ·
I am very satisfied! First time Volvo owner, this is the most expensive car I have ever purchased/leased so it better be nice, but satisfaction has gone even beyond just the level of money spent, for me.

WOOPS I see it's V60 only... no idea how to remove my response ha

#8 ·
2020 V60 CC (US specification), 5000 miles so far.
Power6 said what I want to say: (copied from Power6' post) I am very satisfied! First time Volvo owner, this is the most expensive car I have ever purchased/leased so it better be nice, but satisfaction has gone even beyond just the level of money spent, for me.

I saw black navigation screen a few times during the OSD (1200 mile driven). When I dropped off the car at Goteborg, factory delivery staff member told me that's due to difference of European/US map. I only saw black screen once after I got car back in US. I still have trouble with voice command and GPS if I don't know the exact address to enter.
I don't like the fact that to order ventilation/massage seat package I have to order another package (Pro package?) which I don't need.

#9 ·
I have a MY2020 V60 Polestar (T8), 500 miles. The drive train has been great and being able to plug in at night allows my short commute to be fully electric. Only thing stopping me from a 100% is that the Volvo navigation system is terrible to the point where it isn't usable. It can't find most addresses and when it does it takes 5+ minutes to figure out. I'm hoping they'll make a software upgrade to the full Android OS system in the future.

#10 ·
2400 miles so far on my 2020 V60 CC. Very satisfied. Comfortable, stable, handles well. The paint is very very smooth. The best paint among the cars that I have had so far.

It is a nice car with some minor issue. I really love it though.

Cracking noise in the rear in the morning.
Slow shift in Comfort Mode. It feels like I am driving with a manual stick slowly. My head actually moves forward when the trans shifts up, lol
Slight wobbling on the rear wheels when I take off easy. It is now less noticeable compared to when the car was brand new.
Road noise - yeah I know it is a wagon.

#13 ·
2019 V70 T6 inscription Polestar very satisfied with it! It gets knocked down a bit for warped rotors, strange white substance in washer fluid, bad temperature sensor, corroded pins in passenger door connector, issues with it unlocking itself at it’ s will. All resolved now and love this little rocket.

#15 ·
Yes, I remember now that others have said that the auto-start/stop can be disabled again in Volvos for MY2020 (and maybe even MY2019?), but it was not the case in MY2018 Volvos.

Are you saying that Individual mode can now be put into memory, so that the car starts up in Individual mode? Again, that was not the case in MY2018 Volvos.

I find the drive-mode roller button to be poorly placed -- I have to take my eyes way off the road to operate it (I suppose you can learn where it is and use it by feel) -- but even worse to me is that I find it hard to zero in on a drive mode to change to: it seems to slip half the time onto an adjacent drive mode when I push the button, so that I end up in a drive mode that I didn't intend. All drive-mode buttons/dials should be on the steering wheel.

I find that auto mode for climate is not always what I want, and in particular, I want to change fan speeds a fair amount to get the car warmer or cooler more quickly.

I'm also a big map user, and I find the Sensus maps really crappy; can't wait for Google to get their product into Volvos this coming year -- worth waiting an extra year for me. I also tried using the voice control on numerous "lot cars" at Volvo dealerships and found it to be very poor, especially for navigation.

Yes, my complaints are personal preference. But the auto-start/stop, Sensus, and climate-controls-in-touchscreen are very widespread complaints, including by auto-review journalists as well as by many Volvo owners. This is why auto-start/stop can now again be permanently disabled, and why Sensus is in its last year of production (and I pity those Volvo owners with Sensus in their vehicles when they won't be supported in a couple of years, with the Google OS coming in across all Volvos), and it's why companies like Mazda are refraining from putting touchscreens in their cars even in 2020. Touchscreens should be banned in all cars as unsafe, and shame on Volvo for forcing drivers to unsafely move their eyes off the road for way too much.

#17 · (Edited)
Yes, I remember now that others have said that the auto-start/stop can be disabled again in Volvos for MY2020 (and maybe even MY2019?), but it was not the case in MY2018 Volvos.

Are you saying that Individual mode can now be put into memory, so that the car starts up in Individual mode? Again, that was not the case in MY2018 Volvos.

I find the drive-mode roller button to be poorly placed -- I have to take my eyes way off the road to operate it (I suppose you can learn where it is and use it by feel) -- but even worse to me is that I find it hard to zero in on a drive mode to change to: it seems to slip half the time onto an adjacent drive mode when I push the button, so that I end up in a drive mode that I didn't intend. All drive-mode buttons/dials should be on the steering wheel.

I find that auto mode for climate is not always what I want, and in particular, I want to change fan speeds a fair amount to get the car warmer or cooler more quickly.

I'm also a big map user, and I find the Sensus maps really crappy; can't wait for Google to get their product into Volvos this coming year -- worth waiting an extra year for me. I also tried using the voice control on numerous "lot cars" at Volvo dealerships and found it to be very poor, especially for navigation.

Yes, my complaints are personal preference. But the auto-start/stop, Sensus, and climate-controls-in-touchscreen are very widespread complaints, including by auto-review journalists as well as by many Volvo owners. This is why auto-start/stop can now again be permanently disabled, and why Sensus is in its last year of production (and I pity those Volvo owners with Sensus in their vehicles when they won't be supported in a couple of years, with the Google OS coming in across all Volvos), and it's why companies like Mazda are refraining from putting touchscreens in their cars even in 2020. Touchscreens should be banned in all cars as unsafe, and shame on Volvo for forcing drivers to unsafely move their eyes off the road for way too much.
The touch screen is great to me. I can never sit in a new car without touch screen anymore. It is impossible to use so many features and settings using human-machine interface with old buttons.

People just need to get used to it and operate safely. Just like they need to learn where to reach for buttons in a new car as well.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

#16 ·
I partially agree about the touch screen, however given you pressing a clear large square to interact with your phone or trying to find a phone unlock it then find the tiny icon to click is more dangerous.

Don’t get me wrong phones and internet and other things like Twitter has no place in the car unfortunately as people do what people do this looks like a step in the right direction as a company that doesn’t support CarPlay or android auto with touch will simply not sell any cars in 2020.

#18 ·
The one thing we are not discussing is how the car DRIVES, which is why I got it to begin with. For me it just right between comfort and sport. I’ve had a lot of cars in my 52 years if driving, sport cars, sport sedans hard top convertibles and on and on. This car is a pleasure to drive for me. I think it will do just fine in the NE climate. I love the looks of it as well. The lighting both interior and exterior are terrific. Well thought out ,engineered car in almost every way. I’m sure I’m forgetting some things, but so far very happy.

#19 ·
I have almost 2000 miles on my '20 V60 cc. I would have to say that I am between somewhat satisfied and very satisfied. With less than 50 miles on the ODO, the OX sensor had to be replaced. The car is very comfortable to drive on long distances. I wish there was more feedback on the steering. I have the steering feel set to the heaviest "weight" but it still feels disconnected. I came from a BMW 420i and yes the driving engagement is different, but still...
I also do notice a bit of understeer in the car, which is due to the FWD bias. I am considering adding a stiffer rear sway bar to offset the understeer and because I am considering towing a teardrop trailer. I think that would add more stability to the car.
The last thing I am underwhelmed about is the Sensus navigation and audio feedback. It feels very dated. I rely almost exclusively on Apple CarPlay when I need navigation. Siri is way ahead of Sensus and that is saying a lot considering it's Siri.
Anyway, I am happy with the car. It looks great, does a lot of things well and time will tell how reliable it will be.

#20 ·
T5 FWD V60 2000 miles. Love the car so far, goes through snow really well with snow tires. Only complaint is some brake squeal in the morning coming down the driveway. Love the B&W stereo and has more power than I need, averaging about 29.3 mpg so far (optimistic car number, I didn't hand calc this). I almost wish they just made a N/A version around 180-200 HP that got better gas mileage. I'm not out to race anyone, I just want some quiet comfort and a nice stereo :)

#22 ·
I did very as the MPG is lower then rated, interior ambient lights are lacking, not enough reverse lights or low ability of the back up camera to process at low light, and the rear suspension would like to be a coiled vs the leaf spring.

However nothing of this would keep me from buying the car if you are in the market.

#27 ·
New to Volvo and the V60 inscription plus. Have to say it reminds me of a Audi A6 avant all road I used to run. The ride and gearbox make you feel you are driving a powerful car yet you drive it in a sensible way if that makes sense. The refinement just slows you down to enjoy the drive. Been a long time since I have done that.

#30 ·
If I could change one thing, I'd add more power. She can be fast, but I wish off-the-line response was more exciting and confidence-inspiring.

I'm overjoyed at how comfortable the seats are; and the B&W sound system has really made me enjoy music at a new level. My dogs love the cargo area (short trips only to the park); and I love the steel gate that keeps them from drooling over those silky smooth leather seats.

#31 ·
I voted completely satisfied. So far, at a little over 4500 miles, I'm loving this car. This Volvo has many "first" for me. First Volvo, first wagon, first auto trans, and first hybrid.

I just wish that this car comes in MT.

#32 ·
I voted SOMEWHAT SATISFIED. I own a 2021 V60 CC. I have had the car for about 8 months now and over all I have been happy with my purchase. The car though is far from perfect though. Majority of the issues come down to build quality issues. My car at the dealership now 7+ times now for interior issues that include a rattley sunroof and a rattley rear seat back. Its been an ongoing issue that has really detracted from the overall ownership experience of the vehicle. Other then the build quality issues the car rides and drives great. In my opinion the CC rides a bit on the firm side which is surprising, but its nothing unbearable. I would overall recommend getting one as long as your aware the build quality isn't perfect and there could potentially be some interior rattles you'll have to chase down or ignore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.