CorpTrav no longer booking OSD trips? - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Thanks, hamletkm for these tips! I shall give these a try and see what happens.
      Dec 2016 OSD: 2017 XC90 T6 Inscription | Magic Blue | Amber | Vision | Conv | B&W | 21" Wheels | HUD | Polestar
      Was Apr, now Sept 2020 OSD (pending): 2020 XC40 T5 Momentum | Ice White | Charcoal Textile | Advanced | Multimedia | Premium

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yes, I did get my delivery date, but I basically had to call and babysit my order every step of the way. Some of this is because there was an issue with my order (the dealer had put it in wrong). Barbara has been great, but she too has been mystified at times about where my order went in the process. It's been a shaky start. I'm waiting to finalize my flight itinerary with Tina from AdTrav.

Quote Originally Posted by hamletkm View Post
      it's frustrating to see flights and hotels continue to book up while stuck waiting for 4+ weeks. Doesn't seem like the transition over to the new company was planned very well.
      So true. I also got my notification that I could start to make travel plans and called AdTrav (they hadn't yet called me), and was told that their agents were in Sweden checking out the area and they'd call me on the Monday. No one called, so I reached out again, only to be told that they had a queue to work through and I'd be called, etc. I would have been ok with that had they told me that the first time, but was disappointed to have to hurry up and wait.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mainergirl View Post
      Yes, I did get my delivery date, but I basically had to call and babysit my order every step of the way. Some of this is because there was an issue with my order (the dealer had put it in wrong). Barbara has been great, but she too has been mystified at times about where my order went in the process. It's been a shaky start. I'm waiting to finalize my flight itinerary with Tina from AdTrav.
      I probably missed it - but what is your requested Delivery date?

I tried calling Friday, February 28 three separate times for about 30 minutes each without a pick up. Tried the "call back" function at the end the the 30 minutes each time and no one called back.

They never called back for me as well 1h 15 min wait time, than after I got someone on the phone they asked if I had appointment for this phone call? Seriously
      Please Barbara if you reading this come back and take over. I’m begging you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rkohou View Post
      They never called back for me as well 1h 15 min wait time, than after I got someone on the phone they asked if I had appointment for this phone call? Seriously
      Please Barbara if you reading this come back and take over. I’m begging you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      That's weird, I called them a few times (once before I placed the OSD, and once after I got the order number), and both times, I was able to reach someone in less than 5 minutes. Both the time, I called shortly after they open at 9AM CST.

Having said that, it is frustrating that they can't do anything with you until you make the appointment. And appointments are usually 2-3 weeks out depending on your assigned agent. I was able to switch an agent as the one originally assigned to me weren't able to meet in the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomx2 View Post
      That's weird, I called them a few times (once before I placed the OSD, and once after I got the order number), and both times, I was able to reach someone in less than 5 minutes. Both the time, I called shortly after they open at 9AM CST.

Having said that, it is frustrating that they can't do anything with you until you make the appointment. And appointments are usually 2-3 weeks out depending on your assigned agent. I was able to switch an agent as the one originally assigned to me weren't able to meet in the afternoon.
      I was on hold for about half an hour, which wasn't a problem for me - I have a private office, caught up on paperwork, and put the speakerphone on. Otherwise it would be irritating. But it was for nothing because I had to wait for the appointment (in my case, 4 weeks, I'll be on the initial call tomorrow).
      Future: 2020 V60 CC Birch Light with Advanced Package and Bowers and Wilkins (was OSD summer 2020, now cancelled, 2021 model next summer?)
      Current: Subaru Outback 2015, Limited

As zoomx2 mentioned the best time to contact adtrav is first thing in the morning. Got in after 5 minutes. However they could not help since you need to get the email stating to call adtrav first. So order placed Feb 12, Volvo OSD confirmation packet (actually 2 page letter) Feb 26 and called adtrav March 8th. I have to wait for the email to call back to make the phone call appointment. Lame...

My suggestion for working with AdTravel based on my recent experience is this...
      Once you find out who your assigned AdTravel agent is, make the appointment for the initial call using their online calendaring system. Then, immediatley begin the planning process with your agent using email instead of calling. I found that AdTravel is really good about responding to emails very quickly. You can actually get most, if not all, of the planning done in advance of the initial call by forwarding your desired itinerary along with all your requested flights and connections. It might take a few email exchanges to sort out the details. But then, the first (and perhaps last) call becomes just a 15 minute deal to confirm the itinerary. For what its worth....that was my experience.
      Dec 2016 OSD: 2017 XC90 T6 Inscription | Magic Blue | Amber | Vision | Conv | B&W | 21" Wheels | HUD | Polestar
      Was Apr, now Sept 2020 OSD (pending): 2020 XC40 T5 Momentum | Ice White | Charcoal Textile | Advanced | Multimedia | Premium

Hopefully AdTravel is better than CorpTrav. We did an OSD in April of 2019 and SAS went on strike a couple of days before we were scheduled to return to the U.S. Sparing the details, CorpTrav’s responsiveness during this issue was totally unacceptable. If it wasn’t for Bob Kennedy getting Volvo Corporate involved we’d still be in Stockholm.

Quote Originally Posted by rsc92 View Post
      Hopefully AdTravel is better than CorpTrav. We did an OSD in April of 2019 and SAS went on strike a couple of days before we were scheduled to return to the U.S. Sparing the details, CorpTrav’s responsiveness during this issue was totally unacceptable. If it wasn’t for Bob Kennedy getting Volvo Corporate involved we’d still be in Stockholm.
      My experience with AdTrav has been good so far. The agent I had was really helpful getting us our plane tickets back in January, and we had a group of 5 people going first class. And even though my agent was unavailable at the beginning of April when we needed to cancel our travel, I was able to contact her supervisor who arranged all our refunds. We are hoping to take our trip in May 2021!
      2020 XC90 Momentum T5 (OSD April 2020 - Delayed May 2021)

15. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2