The new polestar drag race - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Results 71 to 77 of 77
    1. #71
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2016
      Location
      Australia
      Posts
      608
      Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      Just something to consider as I found it out with my modern Audi not sure if the same with Volvo but itís hard to test the car on a dyno even a all wheel drive one on new cars because the difference in wheel speeds especially from front to rear will make the car to reduce power.

      So I would not think any dyno numbers on the car are correct. I could be wrong and Volvo is different then Audi
      Yes I did notice that. The ESC went crazy as my rear wheels were stationary and the fronts were spinning. Then the car tried to call the dealer for repair!

      The VW R36 had the same problem on the dyno with their Haldex system
      2015.5 V60 T5e - Various suspension and P* bits

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #72
      Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      Just something to consider as I found it out with my modern Audi not sure if the same with Volvo but itís hard to test the car on a dyno even a all wheel drive one on new cars because the difference in wheel speeds especially from front to rear will make the car to reduce power.

      So I would not think any dyno numbers on the car are correct. I could be wrong and Volvo is different then Audi
      Exactly. This is a common issue with newer car, and the Volvo behaves similarly.

      This is why we use a Dimsport HLS 4WD dyno (HLS stands for hydraulically linked system).

      We run every newer car with the rollers linked together, regardless of what drive it is. The hydraulics are linked with pressure and electronically calibrated with whatever vehicle information and type is entered in. This allows the car to run passes exactly as it does on the road, no dash messages, errors with ESC or stability, etc.
      ----

      VAITRIX USA | VOLVO SPA | Performance Parts & Tuning
      www.vaitrixusa.com| [email protected]

      Follow us:
      Facebook | Instagram | Youtube

    4. #73
      Junior Member Kamil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      390
      Quote Originally Posted by VaitrixUSA View Post
      Exactly. This is a common issue with newer car, and the Volvo behaves similarly.

      This is why we use a Dimsport HLS 4WD dyno (HLS stands for hydraulically linked system).

      We run every newer car with the rollers linked together, regardless of what drive it is. The hydraulics are linked with pressure and electronically calibrated with whatever vehicle information and type is entered in. This allows the car to run passes exactly as it does on the road, no dash messages, errors with ESC or stability, etc.
      Maybe your dyno is better model then the one I used as it was also HLS.

      The HLS I used however at the power the car produces and the sensitivity of the new sensor was not able to read full power as the car tuned it self down by about 15% and not only when the ECM is tricked to a specific diagnostic mode only a engineering level has at car manufacturer this case Audi they were able to run the car correctly.

      But again maybe your dyno is newer and better then what me and other multiple people tried and failed with.
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

    6. #74
      Junior Member Kamil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      390
      Quote Originally Posted by MidnightSnooze View Post
      Yes I did notice that. The ESC went crazy as my rear wheels were stationary and the fronts were spinning. Then the car tried to call the dealer for repair!

      The VW R36 had the same problem on the dyno with their Haldex system
      I thought that it would be the same, unfortunately only when we tricked ECM with TCM and placed the car in engineering mode (not me, in Europe) was when the car placed full power at the dyno. Over 35 people all over USA and Europe tried with our group that we all know and probably more we donít with all special dynos and all failed. New cars sensors are to good.

      It doesnít help that the car places different amount of power to different actual and different wheel however it sees it needing it.
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

    7. #75
      Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      Maybe your dyno is better model then the one I used as it was also HLS.

      The HLS I used however at the power the car produces and the sensitivity of the new sensor was not able to read full power as the car tuned it self down by about 15% and not only when the ECM is tricked to a specific diagnostic mode only a engineering level has at car manufacturer this case Audi they were able to run the car correctly.

      But again maybe your dyno is newer and better then what me and other multiple people tried and failed with.
      I don't know of any other dynos (in the US at least) that offer hydraulically linked rollers. Some dynos will use a hydraulic brake, but not a pressurized system for the rollers themselves. That's probably why it did not work very well. Belt linkage or mechanical linkage even still seem to lack the proper synchronization.

      They're not common, but one brand that does work well and is used in the US is SuperFlow.
      ----

      VAITRIX USA | VOLVO SPA | Performance Parts & Tuning
      www.vaitrixusa.com| [email protected]

      Follow us:
      Facebook | Instagram | Youtube

    8. #76
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2019
      Posts
      165
      Quote Originally Posted by Catfiend View Post
      From what I've read if you have it Power mode or AWD mode both the engine and electric motor are always on, and it will run the generator to keep the electric motor 'fed'. Of course that will sap some of the HP from the gas engine but I don't know how much. Not to say you're not right about the T6 being a better sporty sedan as it can throw more power to the rear wheels than the T8 can.
      Ahh thanks for clarifying that! That makes sense, give up some efficiency for the ability to continue to operate with AWD.

    9. #77
      Junior Member DCPattie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Posts
      975
      The new M340i has about the same performance as the outgoing M3. That is quite impressive.
      Dave in VA

      2012 XC70 T6, AWD (new T6 motor installed 8/27/2015)
      2016 Cadillac ATS-V

    10. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

    Similar Threads

    1. Drag race video T6 vs D5.
      By volvokhaled in forum XC90 (SPA: 2016 - )
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 06-21-2015, 10:19 AM
    2. FWD S60 vs. AWD TLX V6: Drag Race
      By Adrian-C30R in forum S60, S60CC & V60, V60CC (2011-2018)
      Replies: 35
      Last Post: 10-31-2014, 05:28 PM
    3. Drag race
      By Putertech in forum XC60 (2010 - 2017)
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 08-21-2013, 06:06 PM
    4. Exotic car drag race
      By trev0006 in forum Car Lounge
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 11-06-2007, 08:28 PM
    5. Any tips prior to my first drag race?
      By soledoc in forum R Forum (2004-2007)
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: 09-29-2006, 12:44 AM