How to remove side panels rear and rear seat back?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

How to remove side panels rear and rear seat back?

As topic? Could not find any tutorials ok YouTube... Anybody? Need to pull power wire and signal wires for stereo and rear view camera...

Also anybody with pictyres of original subwoofer and placement etc?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Seat back you just have to pull, quite a bit harder than you might think, from memory grasp on both sides about half-way up... there’s a picture around here somewhere... if I find it or have a need to fire up Vida in the near future I’ll post.. And I’ll look up the rear side panels too
      2009 C70 T5, Celestial Blue 130k
      2011 S60 T6 AWD Caspian Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Sysyphus61 View Post
      Seat back you just have to pull, quite a bit harder than you might think, from memory grasp on both sides about half-way up... there’s a picture around here somewhere... if I find it or have a need to fire up Vida in the near future I’ll post.. And I’ll look up the rear side panels too
      Would be nice 😊

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I would be interested in that as well.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
      Current Volvos:2011 C70 T5 (her name is Ruby, Flamenco Red) 1996 850 Platinum Wagon (her name is Pearl/we're still in love, but my wife is pushing me to sell her. to many volvos in front of the house) 1998 V70 T5M ( her name is Daisy, we are still getting to know each other) 2007 xc70 (son's car, blew up the motor!) 2004 V70 T5 (son's new car, already ran over a mailbox and destroyed the radiator, intercooler, condensor)

it was not so difficult though a bit hard to figure out...

you put the top down.
      take out the bottom part of the seat by pushing each front end of the seat bottom part backwards and pull up. use some force or a prybar to bend the bottom seatpart upwards so it loosens. take it out. there are multiple videos on youtube how.
      then the back seat cusion... there is a similar fastener as the bottom part right under the headrest so what you do there is to grab the top part of the backcusion and give it a hard pull so it loosens.lift up, there are two small tabs on the bottom that holds it in position.
      then when installing it again you need to push the two tabs for the necksupport and lift that upwards so you can push it back in place. you will see it when you have the back rest out.

for the sidepanels...
      take away the corner cover on the doorsill
      the doorpanel is hold in place with two plastic retainers that pushes into locking so give the sidepanel a nudge inwards to the midle of the car. not much but a little, one fastener almost on the rear edge of the cover and one slightly down from the part where the seatbelt comes out.
      then when you have the cover loose outwards to the midle, you lift it straight up. two or three tabs is holding it in position there.
      carefull to not use to much force. there is cardbord like structure only on the backside of the sidepanel.

ill post pictures later

Pictures? Photos? Any other hints?

Quote Originally Posted by Kodja View Post
      it was not so difficult though a bit hard to figure out...

you put the top down.
      take out the bottom part of the seat by pushing each front end of the seat bottom part backwards and pull up. use some force or a prybar to bend the bottom seatpart upwards so it loosens. take it out. there are multiple videos on youtube how.
      then the back seat cusion... there is a similar fastener as the bottom part right under the headrest so what you do there is to grab the top part of the backcusion and give it a hard pull so it loosens.lift up, there are two small tabs on the bottom that holds it in position.
      then when installing it again you need to push the two tabs for the necksupport and lift that upwards so you can push it back in place. you will see it when you have the back rest out.

for the sidepanels...
      take away the corner cover on the doorsill
      the doorpanel is hold in place with two plastic retainers that pushes into locking so give the sidepanel a nudge inwards to the midle of the car. not much but a little, one fastener almost on the rear edge of the cover and one slightly down from the part where the seatbelt comes out.
      then when you have the cover loose outwards to the midle, you lift it straight up. two or three tabs is holding it in position there.
      carefull to not use to much force. there is cardbord like structure only on the backside of the sidepanel.

ill post pictures later

Please post, I need this too!

Drive laughing!

Tedders

For rear sear backrest:

rear seat backrest.jpg
      2012 C70 T5 A - Polestar Tune, Elevate downpipe, VIVA Performance exhaust, JR filter, GoVo ECU spacer, 19"x8.5" Polestar Rep wheels, H&R spacers, Volvo OEM lip spoiler, Heico front spoiler lips
      2019 V60 Cross Country T5 AWD - Premium pkg, Climate pkg, Vision pkg, Conv. pkg, Harmon Kardon, 20" wheels, Polestar tune - sold
      2018 V60 Cross Country T5 AWD Premier - Premier Plus pkg, Climate pkg, Technology pkg, BLIS plg, 19" BOR wheels - sold
      2018 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription - Vision pkg, Climate pkg, Convenience pkg - Sold
      2017 V60 T6 AWD Drive-E - Premier pkg, Climate pkg, Tech pkg, Conv pkg, Sport suspension, 19" Portia wheels, Polestar Tune - Sold
      2005 V50 T5 M AWD - Passion Red/Graphite T-tec, sport pkg, Volvo body kit - Sold
      1998 S70 T5 M - Black/Graphite, 239whp/317wtq on old setup, List of mods RIP

Your Canadian source for Original Volvo Parts and Accessories! - Parts.VolvoPointeClaire.com

For side panel: see pdf
      Attached Files Attached Files
      2012 C70 T5 A - Polestar Tune, Elevate downpipe, VIVA Performance exhaust, JR filter, GoVo ECU spacer, 19"x8.5" Polestar Rep wheels, H&R spacers, Volvo OEM lip spoiler, Heico front spoiler lips
      2019 V60 Cross Country T5 AWD - Premium pkg, Climate pkg, Vision pkg, Conv. pkg, Harmon Kardon, 20" wheels, Polestar tune - sold
      2018 V60 Cross Country T5 AWD Premier - Premier Plus pkg, Climate pkg, Technology pkg, BLIS plg, 19" BOR wheels - sold
      2018 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription - Vision pkg, Climate pkg, Convenience pkg - Sold
      2017 V60 T6 AWD Drive-E - Premier pkg, Climate pkg, Tech pkg, Conv pkg, Sport suspension, 19" Portia wheels, Polestar Tune - Sold
      2005 V50 T5 M AWD - Passion Red/Graphite T-tec, sport pkg, Volvo body kit - Sold
      1998 S70 T5 M - Black/Graphite, 239whp/317wtq on old setup, List of mods RIP

Your Canadian source for Original Volvo Parts and Accessories! - Parts.VolvoPointeClaire.com

11. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements