2020 V60 Polestar Sold Out. 2021 Availability?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

2020 V60 Polestar Sold Out. 2021 Availability?

I’ve been waiting patiently to place an order for our V60 Polestar as my parents are ordering a V60CC for OSD, and we want to go as a family to pick up both cars. My parents have been dragging their feet on ordering since September, and I have been in regular contact with my salesman who hasn’t mentioned anything about limited availability.

I did request that he monitor whether or not there would be availability for 2021, because if not, we would ditch the parents and jump on ordering our car so there’s no chance we don’t get one. I never thought the opposite would happen where they’d stop producing them mid-year. I just came to this sub-forum for the first time tonight and discovered that the cars are no longer available.

Will they release another batch for 2021? Can anybody in the know find out from Volvo so I can find out if this whole idea is ruined? This was to be our first (and likely only) new car purchase and I’ve been having sleepless nights because I’m so excited about it. Learning that I now won’t be able to get my dream car is devastating.

When do we expect the 2021 OSD model PDFs will drop for ordering OSD cars. I believe my parents want to take delivery of their car in July, which puts it firmly within 2021, so this may not be an issue as long as Volvo will build me a hot wagon!

Thanks for any insight that anyone may have!

Mike

PS - Volvo, if you’re watching, if you make this car available again for 2021, please give us an interesting color choice or two. For an enthusiast model, it would be nice to get something better than “choose which shade of gray you’d like”. ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2008 Volvo S80 V8 | Ember Black | All Options and Packages | Mods | 317,000 Miles
      2010 Volvo S80 V8 Executive | White Pearl | BLIS, Climate | 270,000 Miles
      2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
      2004 Maserati M128 Coupe
      2007 Land Rover Range Rover HSE
      2003 Audi S8
      2001 Audi S8
      1991 Subaru Alcyone SVX
      My XC90 Safety Demo Cutaway Cars | Click here to join the S80 V8 Facebook Group!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

They are still making it. If they want to keep only one wagon between V90 and V60, I bet V60 will survive as it sells more at least in Europe.

New model year cars start to be built around April/May. Orderbook could be open any time Feb to March. It is quite hard to get OSD pickup in July though. Late August is usually more realistic.

Fusion · Red · T8 · XC60
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

Quote Originally Posted by FusionRedXC60 View Post
      It is quite hard to get OSD pickup in July though. Late August is usually more realistic.
      We picked up our XC90 OSD in early July 2018 after simply asking to move it from the initial August date given to us. There are several American posters here who also picked up in July and we saw several Americans getting XC90s at OSD. So I don't know if things have changed or if the V60 is on a different schedule altogether. Hopefully more folks can chime in. Best of luck!
      2019 XC90 T8i (OSD 2018 July)
      “Scientists study the world as it is; engineers create the world that has never been.” - Theodore von Karman

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

New model year cars start to be built around April/May. Orderbook could be open any time Feb to March. It is quite hard to get OSD pickup in July though. Late August is usually more realistic.

Fusion · Red · T8 · XC60

Hmm, I'm planning to put a deposit down for a 2020 XC60 ov V60 (still can't make up my mind which one) in late January for OSD in late June. I'm really intrigued by the mild hybrid which is out in Europe but not for North America . Would it make sense to wait until ordering February/March to pick up a 2021 in late June to see if that becomes available as an option, or is that cutting it too close? Or conversely, can one put a deposit down for 2020 model in January to pick up in late June, but then switch and apply that deposit to a 2021 model once that becomes available and pick that up instead?

Due to school and work schedules in my family last week of June/first week of July is our only availability this summer, and I don't want to miss the boat. Nor do I want to wait a another year!
      Last edited by ap17; 01-05-2020 at 11:10 PM.
      Current: Subaru Outback 2015, Limited

They are still making it. If they want to keep only one wagon between V90 and V60, I bet V60 will survive as it sells more at least in Europe.

Fusion · Red · T8 · XC60
      When you say they’re still making it, are you saying that that contrary to what’s posted on the “flyvolvo” site, you can still order a 2020, or are you saying they’ll still make it starting in 2021?

There are some other pretty specific posts on this forum and that website that say it’s no longer available and is “sold out” for this year.

Thanks so much for the glimmer of hope, though!

Mike

2008 Volvo S80 V8 | Ember Black | All Options and Packages | Mods | 317,000 Miles
      2004 Maserati M128 Coupe
      2003 Audi S8
      2001 Audi S8
      1991 Subaru Alcyone SVX
      My XC90 Safety Demo Cutaway Cars | Click here to join the S80 V8 Facebook Group!

My guess is that they will make it for model year (MY) 2021 and that's what you'll have to order as they've closed ordering for the 2020. I know it seems like they sold out so quickly but same thing happened to us for our XC90 T8.

In our case, we ordered a MY2019 in August of 2018 for delivery/pick up in January 2019. Several weeks after we placed our order we were notified from our dealer that Volvo was "sold out" of the XC90 T8 for OSD. We're told there are only a number of production slots and allocations for OSD for each model and these had already been filled up for our particular car by the time we ordered (apparently very limited).

So we waited until May when Volvo opens up OSD orders for the next model year (the books did not open before that despite what we heard/hoped). The dealer still had our deposit and made sure to put in the order as soon as ordering for 2020 began. I believe there are delivery dates as early as July but the factory itself is closed for 6 weeks. They still do OSD deliveries but we did not want to miss the factory tour so we requested a delivery date for after they re-opened the factory in mid August.

We picked up the car in August 2019, almost exactly a year from when we put our first order in. We are on the west coast so the car actually did not get home until mid-Nov 2019! However the wait was worth it since we got a newer model and enjoyed Sweden in the summer vs the winter. Folks on this forum encouraged us that regardless it was worth the wait and we agree.
      Last edited by seatownosd; 01-06-2020 at 02:44 PM.

I am a soon to be Volvo owner that is going to buy very soon. Having said that...I read that there is a date they will accept orders for a Polstar for OSD on the MY2021 V60 Polstar for USA delivery.
      But.....
      I wish to order a V60 R design MY2021.
      Does anyone know when Volvo begin booking MY2021 orders for this wagon? Would Bob @ University know???

For reference, my salesman finally got a definitive response from OSD on Friday.

They are NOT accepting any orders for 2020 V60 T8 Polestar cars.

I am going to give him the deposit when we have a meeting on Friday of this coming week. That way when 2021 orders open up, he can get our order in immediately.

One thing I’m hoping for is some better colors than black, gray, silver, or white. If not though, we will live with white.

I’d like to extend my gratitude to the salesman who help in this forum who are OSD experts. I wish I could place my order through one of you guys, however my salesman is a highly-regarded local Volvo enthusiast who has helped me a great deal in the past and I truly owe him my loyalty.

I’ll keep the forum apprised of my experience as time ticks on.

2004 Maserati M128 Coupe
      2003 Audi S8
      2001 Audi S8
      1991 Subaru Alcyone SVX

11. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements