SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Finally getting some things installed

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  lawsonmf 
#1 · (Edited)
I don't think I've ever actually posted any images of my V60 T6 R-Design (not that it's remarkably unique from any others). It's a 2015 that I bought second-hand, and have now had it almost two years. The mod-bug has really been eating at me, having come from a long line of modified Mustangs and a BMW. It's now starting to take shape.

I had already installed a Powerflex upper torque arm bushing, Snabb MAF/filter assembly, and a hydrophobic pre-filter sock from Filterwears. Then this weekend brought with it the installation of an IPD high-flow downpipe, do88 intercooler, as well as the Snabb intake pipe kit and charge pipe kit (down and out of view, obviously).

My new cat-back from Elevate/KPAX will arrive by end-of-day tomorrow! I think it should all be a good foundation for an eventual Hilton tune and maybe modified turbo. Many thanks to some great pricing and parts availability from:
Snabb
Viva
IPD
Elevate
Filterwears​

As well as some great advice and assistance from OscarII! I will post again, with video once the cat-back is on. I'm already loving the extra turbo-sounds and intake growl...can't wait for some exhaust!

See less See more
#6 ·
Thank you, sir!

Looks great! I keep going back and forth on doing any mods on mine. Any suspension plans?
Thank you! On suspension...eventually. Here are my struggles:
  • Rear sway bar and end links are a given (and should be relatively soon)
  • I'd love something as simple as lowering springs, but I'm concerned about the limit of the travel on the stock struts. It's never worked well on previous vehicles I've owned (granted this is my first Volvo)
  • I'd love to ride in a Polestar model and get a feel for the Ohlins suspension (knowing it's adjustable), but I don't know any that are local to me
  • I love the idea of KW V3 coilovers (knowing that compression and rebound are individually adjustable), but I've always heard mixed responses about coilovers being "bouncy"; again, I don't know anyone that has them to give me a real experience with them

Nice clean wagon, love it! How hard was it to install the downpipe? I'm contemplating getting a downpipe for my car as I always ran them on my GTI's and Audi's in the past but heard that they are a b**** to install on the P3 S60/V60. How well does the downpipe play with the Polestar tune? Any CELs or other issues?
Thank you! I definitely had help with the install, but yeah the downpipe was a "b****" made way more complicated by rusted bolts to the turbo. It plays remarkably well with the Polestar tune...no codes or issues at all.

I have the IPD downpipe and Elevate catback and I love the sound. It's a little loud on cold starts, but I love it all the other times.
I cannot wait. I have a select number of YouTube videos I rewatch almost everyday to hear the sound. The catback just delivered to my house this morning, and Saturday morning can't get here soon enough for the installation.

#4 ·
Nice clean wagon, love it! How hard was it to install the downpipe? I'm contemplating getting a downpipe for my car as I always ran them on my GTI's and Audi's in the past but heard that they are a b**** to install on the P3 S60/V60. How well does the downpipe play with the Polestar tune? Any CELs or other issues?

#8 ·
After all kinds of weather delays, I finally got the Elevate/KPAX catback installed.

Forgive the dirty car and horrible video quality...the last couple of days around the Kansas City Metro Area have been freezing cold temps, high winds, sleet and ice.

More to come, including interior sound levels, cold start comparison, and a clean car. :) At least the installations are done.

#11 · (Edited)
Sounds good, but why are the tips so sunken in on the rear valence? Should be flush or just out a bit should they not?
EDIT...took another 10 minutes to go take a longer look (not to sound like a wimp, but it's just too damn cold for me to want to spend anytime with the garage door open at the moment).

Gave it a good yank on the passenger side, and now they align perfectly. LOL! Such a simple alignment fix. To your point, they don't stick out at all...but they are at least flush now at the top of each tip. I'll see if that changes with some time on the road and vibration to settle it all in.

#13 ·
That exhaust sounds so good. I hate it when people install those cheap sounding exhausts that sound like a Honda Civic but yours is my all time favorite. Well done!
Thank you so much! I truly appreciate that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.