Volvo prepaid maintenance and extended warranty.
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Post Volvo prepaid maintenance and extended warranty.

Just wanted to see and potential consolidation information on the Volvo maintenance and extended warranty plans (service contract and maintenance plans by Volvo).

I’m about to take delivery of my new V60 CC in the next week or two and even though normally I am not interested in any additional plans as I don’t keep my cars that long (2018 Audi SQ5 is being replaced by the V60 after only little more then a year) I see the Volvo sticking around more if not as my primary daily maybe the wife’s once I get bored with it 😉.

Anyhow, wanted to see what you have experience with the services, if it’s a good value, did you had any issues when extended warranty needed to be used. Or any other items to consider.

Mainly I’m under a assumption this is also something that could be negotiated on cost wise? Audi price is listed on the website and as Volvo states see dealerships for price I think unfortunately this will be another “debate”.

Thanks all,
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

If you're not planning on keeping the car anything more than a few years I don't think buying either makes any sense. The normal maintenance up to 40,000 miles or so is all covered with the purchase, the extended maintenance is just after that. You can chose to add consumables to it (brake pads and such) if you want to. Basically if you paid for to 100,000 miles you're paying for all the regular maintenance up front and getting a small discount vs paying as you go. The main advantage if you're taking a loan is that you can essentially pay in advanced, tie it into the loan, and then not worry about it whatsoever after purchase.

The extended warranty *is* transferrable and may make the car easier to sell, but if you're just going to trade it in at the end it's probably not worth it. I'd only get it if you know you'll sell private party. If you're not keeping the car any longer than the normal included warranty again, probably not worth it.

Yes the price of the extended warranty is a little flexible, the dealers are incentivized to sell the plans so they may barter a little on it.

For myself I know i'm probably keeping my car 5-10 years so they were no brainers for me. I haven't had to use either though so can't say how well they'll work or not.
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription
      1998 V70R. RIP Transmission
      1973 Volvo 1800ES which will someday get a T6 engine

Quote Originally Posted by Avboden View Post
      If you're not planning on keeping the car anything more than a few years I don't think buying either makes any sense. The normal maintenance up to 40,000 miles or so is all covered with the purchase, the extended maintenance is just after that. You can chose to add consumables to it (brake pads and such) if you want to. Basically if you paid for to 100,000 miles you're paying for all the regular maintenance up front and getting a small discount vs paying as you go. The main advantage if you're taking a loan is that you can essentially pay in advanced, tie it into the loan, and then not worry about it whatsoever after purchase.

The extended warranty *is* transferrable and may make the car easier to sell, but if you're just going to trade it in at the end it's probably not worth it. I'd only get it if you know you'll sell private party. If you're not keeping the car any longer than the normal included warranty again, probably not worth it.

Yes the price of the extended warranty is a little flexible, the dealers are incentivized to sell the plans so they may barter a little on it.

For myself I know i'm probably keeping my car 5-10 years so they were no brainers for me. I haven't had to use either though so can't say how well they'll work or not.
      Thanks for all the good information!
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

I believe both are refundable on a prorated basis if you sell early. The maintenance agreement is also heavily negotiable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      ”Adventure may hurt you but monotony will kill you.”

6. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements