Welcome to SwedeSpeed
You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more than 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.
Small history of the volvo's I owned:
First one wasa Titanium grey V40 Diesel:
Car.jpg by ed-oorklep, on Flickr
Which had Eibach springs, some 17" dark grey Rims, White Sidemarkers, a Powerbox and probably more that I don't remember.
I sold that because I got a new job and the travel distance didn't make up for the Diesel cost anymore (we have to pay a set amount based on the weight of the car and the fuel it runs on here).
Then I bought a Sapphire Black V40 2.0T (4cyl)
IMG_8902.jpg by ed-oorklep, on Flickr
Mods to this were, Smoke sidemarkers, changed the headlights to HID units with black inlays, 17" Arcadia rims, tinted windows
This one developed a cracked block after a few months of owning it so I took it apart and sold it in parts.
The 3rd one was a Black S60 T5
cleaned by ed-oorklep, on Flickr
It had a Heico Exhaust, downpipe, remap (it had about 300hp), BC Racing suspension, Projector retrofit and a lot of other stuff. Really great car untill someone cut off my wife on the highway and it ended up in the guardrail picture of the crashed car. I'm in the process of taking it apart and using some of the parts on the current car.
Back to the V70 and what has been done to it so far.
Install car kit = Done
I put the small screen into the center console so it is invisible.
Replaced all orange bulbs for silver ones:
IMG_20190706_121006 by ed-oorklep, on Flickr
IMG_20190626_211247 by ed-oorklep, on Flickr
Maintenance = Done
Replaced all filters, spark plugs, Ignition Coils, Top Engine mount for a PU one
Painted the Engine Cover gloss black & added an MCM sticker ;-)
IMG_20190815_103719 by ed-oorklep, on Flickr
Polished the headlights
Not satisfied by the result (lenses have cracks on the inside as well) so I will replace the lenses this year
Installed the wheel spacers that were on the S60:
IMG_20190920_135224 by ed-oorklep, on Flickr
Found a set of Nebula's:
IMG_20191026_165215 by ed-oorklep, on Flickr
Got a remap power increased from 180hp to about 220-230hp
Installed the 3" downpipe from the S60, even more increase in power, butt dyno says significant but no numbers known.
Got the Imiv working, so can stream via 3.5mm cable from my phone.
To be done:
- XC90 brakes:
IMG_20191019_165450 by ed-oorklep, on Flickr
- I am setting up a Raspberry 3 to use with the original RTI screen to have up to date navigation (waze) and stream music (spotify).
- Paint the rims in the darker colour that the P80 Titan & Peg rims have
- Replace the lenses of the headlights and remove/recolor the orange reflectors because they are ugly.
- Egg crate grill, had a S60 grill left over, currently in the process of cutting it to fit the V70 surround (only the chrome edge). And then join the 2 pieces together.
- BC Racing suspension, 1 corner of the S60 set was damaged in the crash so I'm looking if I can replace only that one (since it was basically brand new) or the fronts only, if not possible I will buy a complete set.
- Mud flaps, I like the look of the stock ones and with the spacers the wheels throw up quite a bit of dirt.
- Replace/rebuild the mirror turn signals with flowing led strip
Possible future plans....
- Maybe swap the 16T Turbo from the T5 onto it but then the power will be too great for the clutch so that will need to be replaced as well
- 2005 S60 front Bumper or an R bumper
- Paint the bottom plastic trim in the cars colour
- Repair/Repaint the leather on the seats (they are neat but not perfect).
Last edited by ed-oorklep; 01-10-2020 at 05:50 AM.
Looks great. I'm sure people will be curious to follow how you do the grill, as this is a great idea. Cut with a dremel a little at a time? How will you join the two together? You should document with pics!
"The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E
I'll take some pics along the way. I indeed cut it with a dremel bit by bit, now gotta sand the edges so that they are flush and then start on the V70 grill.
Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ
I already test fitted it and the S60 grill is a few mm too wide for the hole in the V70 bumper so that will also need a bit of shaving.
I am planning on joining them together by some 2k automotive grade glue that we use at work but I guess something like JB weld or some other glue that is useable outside would work just as well.
By event in forum S90 & V90, V90CC (SPA: 2017 - )
Last Post: 09-11-2017, 11:10 AM
By MvI_S60R in forum Want Ads
Last Post: 11-21-2016, 12:08 PM
By webpj in forum XC90 (2003 - 2014)
Last Post: 02-20-2005, 09:12 PM
By Barry in forum R Forum (2004-2007)
Last Post: 10-01-2004, 10:01 PM