Window won’t roll up
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Window won’t roll up

With all the rain we’ve had recently and upcoming, it’s a good thing my window motor has crapped out and won’t roll up the last 1/2”. I’ve been searching for replacements and have come to the question of whether I need to buy the entire window control unit and motor, or if I can just replace the motor with an advance auto aftermarket unit and reuse the old window control unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2008 C30 R-Design MT Black
      2007 V70R GT Ti Grey Nordkap

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You can replace the motor and keep the controller. In any case, you will likely need to calibrate the controller with VIDA/DICE. Otherwise, the window may go up, trigger the safety and go back down. If it does this you can probably manually reposition the gear and try again until it closes with out triggering, but the VIDA/DICE calibration is easiest if you have access to it.
      2005 V50 T5 FWD M66 Passion Red (Radio Flyer) Bilstein HD, ECU spacer, Snabb Turbo Pipe

1998 V70 NA - Sold, 2002 S40 1.9T - R.I.P., 2005 V50 T5 - RIP

Remember kids, Speed doesn't kill ... impact does!

Quote Originally Posted by AutoGeek View Post
      You can replace the motor and keep the controller. In any case, you will likely need to calibrate the controller with VIDA/DICE. Otherwise, the window may go up, trigger the safety and go back down. If it does this you can probably manually reposition the gear and try again until it closes with out triggering, but the VIDA/DICE calibration is easiest if you have access to it.
      I’ve got the vida, but am garbage at it. How would I complete the reset? I read on pelican parts that you just manually raise the window (not with the auto up) and then hold it two seconds to teach the computer where full up is. Is this not the preferred method, or is vida reset required?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2008 C30 R-Design MT Black
      2007 V70R GT Ti Grey Nordkap

I kind of just fumble around until I find stuff in VIDA and I really need to start documenting this stuff. I found a post for changing car settings but it was for an S60. It was a similar process only instead of clicking on CEM, click on DDM for driver door module or PMM for passenger door module. I think there should be a calibrate window or something like that. Click on the thing that looks like a control module that says something like VT2000 on it. Follow the instructions.

When I get chance I'll hook up my DICE and get better instructions unless someone else can help us out.
      2005 V50 T5 FWD M66 Passion Red (Radio Flyer) Bilstein HD, ECU spacer, Snabb Turbo Pipe

1998 V70 NA - Sold, 2002 S40 1.9T - R.I.P., 2005 V50 T5 - RIP

Remember kids, Speed doesn't kill ... impact does!

6. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements