Scotchgard Auto Fabric & Carpet Protector
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Question Scotchgard Auto Fabric & Carpet Protector

Any one used or has any experience with the Scotchgard Auto Fabric & Carpet Protector?

Want to use it possibly on the new car carpets but not sure if it works or any side effects.

Thanks
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      Any one used or has any experience with the Scotchgard Auto Fabric & Carpet Protector?

Want to use it possibly on the new car carpets but not sure if it works or any side effects.

Thanks
      I am not impressed with it. It was part of an AllState protection plan which proved to be useless. 3M products are generally pretty good but just not for me on interior leather, textile or paint protector.

If you do apply the 3M interiors product or have it applied, then don’t use a different or better protectant later. A side effect can be some spotty yellowing / discoloration on a segment of carpet.

I recommend going to a professional, experienced independent detailer for their advice and application, unless you are a confident and experienced DIY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 50% Tint & 90% UV Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 17 Jan. 2020 | 45K miles | See Fuelly.com, 31.8 Lifetime MPG including tows, multiple 1400+ mi. trips and one transcontinental US 5000+ mi trip)

That package was recommended by my salesperson but I dint take it. I wanted to protect the leather seats but didn’t have much concern about the carpets. Not much of them are exposed to threats with the liners/ mats in place. If you wan to protect the leather, you may want to consider applying a sealant to it. Any conditioner would simply sit on the clear coat of the brand new leather and as you sit on the seat, you simply wipe it off with your clothes.
      2020 V60 CC, Birch Light, Advanced PKG, 19" wheels
      Past cars: Original Toyota 86, Subaru Legacy Wagon, Audi A4, V70, XC70, BMW M3, AMG SLK, Mini Cooper S

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Good points, I was just thinking more about the carpet to try supporting water resistance or prevent string to get dirt inside.

I found some at amazon from a spray can for 20$ as well wondered if anyone used that
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      Good points, I was just thinking more about the carpet to try supporting water resistance or prevent string to get dirt inside.

I found some at amazon from a spray can for 20$ as well wondered if anyone used that
      I bought the can and have had great experience with it thus far on my rugs and carpet. Cheaper, and it sounds like a better option than whatever the dealers pitching.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
      CURRENT: 2019 Crystal White Pearl S60 T5 R-DESIGN w/ P*

PAST: 2012 Black S60 T5 w/Blonde Interior

The dealer cost is pretty much the labor. What they use is nothing miracle and we can buy a same stuff cheap and apply it with some sweat by ourselves
      2020 V60 CC, Birch Light, Advanced PKG, 19" wheels
      Past cars: Original Toyota 86, Subaru Legacy Wagon, Audi A4, V70, XC70, BMW M3, AMG SLK, Mini Cooper S

Quote Originally Posted by GonS60 View Post
      I bought the can and have had great experience with it thus far on my rugs and carpet. Cheaper, and it sounds like a better option than whatever the dealers pitching.

Is this something you recommend for people to do? Do you have any problems cleaning it later? I would worry that it would in a way protracted the carpet but also make it hard to clean or something
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

Everything on here is obvously opinions, so to go as far to making a general recommendation, I would not necessarily. I can just tell you that my experience with it has been positive and haven't seen any discoloration or negative affects from it.

CURRENT: 2019 Crystal White Pearl S60 T5 R-DESIGN w/ P*

PAST: 2012 Black S60 T5 w/Blonde Interior

Everything on here is obvously opinions, so to go as far to making a general recommendation, I would not necessarily. I can just tell you that my experience with it has been positive and haven't seen any discoloration or negative affects from it.

Thanks sir!
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

Actually, mine was an experience - not just an opinion. There was a narrow area of yellow discoloration. It came out with elbow grease and cleaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 50% Tint & 90% UV Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 17 Jan. 2020 | 45K miles | See Fuelly.com, 31.8 Lifetime MPG including tows, multiple 1400+ mi. trips and one transcontinental US 5000+ mi trip)

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements