Part Numbers for Popular P1 Software Updates
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

After spending a good part of my 3-day subscription in VIDA researching and executing software updates for my V50, I’ve compiled the below list of part numbers for the different popular software upgrades on the P1 platform. Based on my google-based research, these may also work on some P2 and P3 models, as well.

30679693 - Fog Light Application
      - Install Fog Lights and/or Keep On w/High Beams
      - Cost: $53.17

30667237: Master Key Application
      - Add/Delete Keys
      - Cost: $34.18

30679690: Low-Beam 2 Application
      - Turn off Daytime Running Lights (DRL) with switch in position 0
      - Cost: $34.18

30772600: Frequency Band EU Appl
      - Changes Radio from US to Euro Frequency Usage, checks all frequencies, rather than just those ending in odd numbers
      - Cost: $182.30

Good luck!
      Last edited by JTF1228; 01-11-2020 at 11:06 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Some of those prices are flat out insane... But better to know going in. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
      06 S40 T5 AWD : DO88 intercooler : 3" EST downpipe : Eibach springs (1" drop) : Magnaflow cat-back exhaust : Hilton stage 2.5 tune

Quote Originally Posted by silent-circuit View Post
      Some of those prices are flat out insane... But better to know going in. Thanks for the info!
      Yeah, some of the others, with unknown benefits, are even higher.

VIDA contains no descriptions of the software, only the title. And, to make things fun, there are three titles “fog light application”, numbered 1, 2, or 3.

I downloaded the wrong part number for one of my upgrades and got a error saying failure to load due to incompatible hardware. But it doesn’t say which hardware. And reloading the original cost me another $25 or so...

Bottom line: know what your paying for, because VIDA closes the order after you download and install, so you can’t do it again without paying. You also lose your original program, so if you want to go back to stock, you have to pay again. THAT is annoying.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

In my case SW P/N were:
      Disclaimer:This prices are from February 3 2019. and maybe the fog lights sw part number changed at some point or it is specific for my car, not 100% sure. but that one worked for me.

30664434 - “ADD FOG LIGHTS”
      Add Foglights without restrictions;I.E.: Keep foglights on with high beams
      Cost: $33.51 + tax = $36.27 final

8698724 - Trip Computer Activation
      Cost: $290.45 + tax

Quote Originally Posted by JTF1228 View Post
      I downloaded the wrong part number for one of my upgrades and got a error saying failure to load due to incompatible hardware.
      You can file a refund request if you have a failed SW download. but is better to do it after you're done with the car to not waste time. I.E.: they won't refund you immediately, they take around 2-3 days to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by JTF1228 View Post
      Bottom line: know what your paying for, because VIDA closes the order after you download and install, so you can’t do it again without paying. You also lose your original program, so if you want to go back to stock, you have to pay again. THAT is annoying.
      I can't agree more with this, but at least for the "ADD KEY" SW you can add and/or delete keys as many times you want as long you don't close the assistant.otherwise you’ll have to buy it again.You can add up to 6 remotes to P1’s

Fun fact: the size of these softwares is 4 kB. So, something tells me that VIDA already has the files installed, and this process is just to make sure that Volvo is charging you for this. I wish i had enough knowledge to take a look at VIDA 2014D installation directory files and try to enable the SW section while offline.
      Last edited by Facusan; 01-12-2020 at 12:29 AM.

[QUOTE=
      Fun fact: the size of these softwares is 4 kB. So, something tells me the that VIDA already has the files installed, and this process is just to make sure that Volvo is charging you for this. I wish i had enough knowledge to take a look at VIDA 2014D installation directory files and try to enable the SW section while offline.[/QUOTE]

YES! $200+ for a 3-4 second download... it’s hard to believe that they’re not there and it’s even harder to believe that Volvo isn’t laughing at us all for paying that much for something so small and simple...

As for the key loader, yes. As many as you want. Until you close it... I didn’t realize that last part. I was going to go and buy another key to add, after I saw how simple it really was. But I’m glad that I checked the program and found that I couldn’t get it back before doing so.

On the fogs, my car came with them installed, so the “add fog lights” want one of my options. Interestingly, when I updated my radio to the euro-tuner spec, the list them showed the us-spec program that hadn’t been listed before. So, your list of available software and part numbers will vary based on your current configuration.

And I’m pretty sure that the other programs popped up without doing a re-synch, lending credence to your belief that they may already be there in 2014D.

^^^^
      Had similar thoughts. If the community were more active we could probably do a "bounty pool" (common practice in the game console modding community, cellphone hacking, etc) and get a bored independent hacker to get us all the software updates free to everyone... Wish I had such skills myself, but no such background.

Last edited by silent-circuit; 01-12-2020 at 12:17 AM.
      06 S40 T5 AWD : DO88 intercooler : 3" EST downpipe : Eibach springs (1" drop) : Magnaflow cat-back exhaust : Hilton stage 2.5 tune

Quote Originally Posted by silent-circuit View Post
      ^^^^
      Had similar thoughts. If the community were more active we could probably do a "bounty pool" (common practice in the game console modding community, cellphone hacking, etc) and get a bored independent hacker to get us all the software updates free to everyone... Wish I had such skills myself, but no such background.

We need an SQL guy. Unfortunately with what I do for a living now I can't do anything like that sort of work, so I am unfortunately unable to help for now, which is rather upsetting because I am surrounded by people with the abilities to do this sort of work.
      2006 Volvo S40 AWD T5 M66 - Dusty Rusty
      2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT - Slowmobile - CAI only, Powerstop Rotors+Pads.
      1996 HD Electra Glide - Big Bertha - 10:1 Wisecos; EV13 Cam: Ultima Digital Ignition; Buell Head Conversion; E85 Carb Tuned;

Quote Originally Posted by Facusan View Post
      Fun fact: the size of these softwares is 4 kB. So, something tells me that VIDA already has the files installed, and this process is just to make sure that Volvo is charging you for this. I wish i had enough knowledge to take a look at VIDA 2014D installation directory files and try to enable the SW section while offline.
      They sell it as “software” but actually it is only a Config file. The software and functions are always installed (for most functions, some exceptions exist like DIM language). Share the file with me and maybe we can deconstruct the file content.

The pricing does not reflect the size of the software file, but is market pricing of the value of the function.
      So Volvo’s marketing department said: how much is a trip computer worth? Lets make it xx USD.
      The file just enables or disables the trip computer.

For example, I purchased the residue heat heater, to keep the water pump and fan running and blowing residual heat into my car when the engine is off. That cost me 100 USD, and I knew it is just a Config change.

BMW had the same: voice recognition was a 600 USD option, but the hardware had the function already loaded. And all that had to be done was activate it by changing one bit on one byte on one device. That’s all.

It’s a common approach on cars of that era.

What Volvo did, that BMW did not, was protect the Config with a PIN number. The Volvo servers know the pin and that is part of the software that you buy. With the pin, you can change the Config. Without the pin, you cannot. The dealers have no knowledge of the pin, they cannot find out what it is or tell you.

VDash discovered a means to brute force attack the CEM to discover the pin.. it can take up to 24hrs. Once the Pin is discovered, the CEM Config can be changed, and almost any feature enabled or disabled. Of course, vdash do not do this free of charge, they also charge you a fee for doing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by avenger09123 View Post
      We need an SQL guy. Unfortunately with what I do for a living now I can't do anything like that sort of work, so I am unfortunately unable to help for now, which is rather upsetting because I am surrounded by people with the abilities to do this sort of work.
      I manage a corporate SQL database as my daily job, and I wrote software to reconfigure flash memory on BMWs. So I’ve been there and done that.

I’ve also wrote Arduino code that monitors my XC90 can bus and tells me what is happening, and I wrote some experimental code to activate functions on the DIM. I stopped that project when I hit road blocks that couldn’t be solved.

To experiment on a Volvo as to how to activate functions, you need the following:

1.. A number of sacrificial CEMs , and the willingness to destroy them during the experimentation phase. You can possibly corrupt the flash to a non recoverable state.

2. A test bed setup of the CEM and at least the dashboard to observe the changes outside of a car.

3. Willingness to invest thousands of hours into the project

When I developed my software for the BMW , I used my daily driver $20,000 car as a test bed, well aware of the dangers I was facing, aware that one wrong move could tripper all airbags if I sent the Crash Alarm command on the databus....

It is not an easy task by any means....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SwissXC90 View Post
      Share the file with me and maybe we can deconstruct the file content.
      I wish I could, I lent that laptop and it came back infected with a cryptolocker ransomware. I ended up formatting the HDD and reinstalling windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements