SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Part Numbers for Popular P1 Software Updates

23K views 195 replies 20 participants last post by  motoeltech 
#1 · (Edited)
After spending a good part of my 3-day subscription in VIDA researching and executing software updates for my V50, I’ve compiled the below list of part numbers for the different popular software upgrades on the P1 platform. Based on my google-based research, these may also work on some P2 and P3 models, as well.

30679693 - Fog Light Application
- Install Fog Lights and/or Keep On w/High Beams
- Cost: $53.17

30667237: Master Key Application
- Add/Delete Keys
- Cost: $34.18

30679690: Low-Beam 2 Application
- Turn off Daytime Running Lights (DRL) with switch in position 0
- Cost: $34.18

30772600: Frequency Band EU Appl
- Changes Radio from US to Euro Frequency Usage, checks all frequencies, rather than just those ending in odd numbers
- Cost: $182.30

Good luck!

See less See more
#173 · (Edited)
Awesome to see more people showing interest in this, I know there exits at least 2 different revisions of the CEMs, they look the same but have different PCBs and most notable the connection to xprog is going to look different. I know for sure it is the same revision between 2005-2007 and maybe 2008? I don't know if you can flash your 2010 cem into the 2005 you bought, but maybe it works? If the two MCUs are the same it probably will work? :D

I also recommend snapping of the connectors and keep a short bit of the cables from the different modules, buying brand new ones are ridiculously expensive. I have used these for my "workbench" CEM, which works great to communicate with VIDA although I don't know if VIDA accept installation of new "software" if there are a bunch of errors on the network?

#174 ·
Thanks 3r1k, I was thinking about cutting the cables and taking connectors with it but I didn't want to damage something that could be useful to someone else.

I think it will be useful to me though, and I will go back maybe next weekend and see if I can snag an ECM and some of the wiring or at least the connectors. I doubt anyone needs them.

So your workbench CEM, can you share any details about connecting it up or point me in the right direction? It would be awesome if I could connect it to VIDA in the warmth of my house over this winter or at least try.

#175 ·
When i buy and "Install" the 30679690 DRL-Application, does this add the function to my ECU so that i can reconfigure to a later time or does this only work once and if i want to reconfigure i have to rebuy the software?
I have in mind, that on some volvos there is a "activation" in the CEM (iirc) where you can change the light setup. In my CEM there is no such option for the DRL (And i coulnd't find it in any other ECU) so having this after the software-upgrade would be great.

#179 ·
Been playing around with the older VIDA SQL Tables.

Logged this table of SW available based on a V50 2010, LHD, AWD, M66.

There is a 'scripts' table/database as well that has script contents etc. I am able to get the XML out of it. I will update with more info as I go.

Rename it to .csv

View attachment 70343
I've been looking at these as well.

There is also tables that contain data based on your car that you have previously scanned. I believe some of these tables point to memory addresses on where certain configuration data is. If we can get this, we're good to go, and may even be able to reprogram over CAN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#180 · (Edited)
Yeah, I was trying to figure out if the data is actually in there for some of these things and also how to map from say my car profiles to the scripts.

I do have some extra data in my tables from when I last scanned the car, so that should help.

The ScriptContent table contains XmlDataCompressed and checksum. To convert these to XML:

1. Copy the XmlDataCompressed, paste it into a hex editor without the leading "0x". Save the file (script.xml.zip).

2. Run something like: cat script.xml.zip| gunzip > script.xml

The checksum is md5sum of the compressed XML data from what I can see.

Here is the XML from the script labeled "Prog Odo miles P1 DIM": https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TCUjSfhAYxADC8poTqm_z76GoyXVJXJ5/view?usp=sharing

#181 ·
There is something downloaded from VIDA when you purchase a software download (as we all know). I believe it could be as simple as the script I attached above. It is encrypted as well and comes with a key of some sort. The reason I think it is a script like above is that I've seen pictures of the add/remove key menu options and this script format seems to support stuff like that.

At least in 2011-2014 VIDA the software purchase scripts and keys are stored in the database. It would be possible I think to save these forever. I do not know where the new VIDA stores this information, can anyone find any *.mdf files on their system? The old SW used a db file called "DiagSwdlSession_Data.MDF" that was only created once you started to make a purchase.

In the previous post example script, the script references a specific ECU (381101) which is the DIM module and also seems to specify the location to read/write the value or command so to speak.

#182 ·
I assume you've seen this here: http://www.stevediraddo.com/2019/01/13/volvo-canbus-tinkering/

I do believe that I have the file you mentioned on my system. I think tinkering with old 2014 versions might be more beneficial because the new versions do not store much on the local machine.

Also, dotPeek. dotPeek is a pretty cool tool from JetBrains that I've been playing around with. It allows you to open up exe file as well as dll, etc and view them recompiled. Highly recommend it for this project as it will allow us to see how VIDA is losing up the DB files and using them.

#183 · (Edited)
Damn haha, I hadn't seen that link but would have saved me a bit of time. Thanks for it! I am using the free version of SQL Management Studio to load/attach the MDF files.

I also downloaded VADIS (I guess not for our cars) as well as 2011 and 2012 VIDA, they all seem pretty much the same.

Also forgot to mention, I did find dotpeek which as you said is great.

Another thing that doesn't seem to be mentioned on that link is that in many of the database files there are stored procedures that give insight as well into common operations (and used via the .net code in many cases).

Those scripts that are stored in VIDA don't seem to be any of the software packages though, these seem to be helped functions for stuff we can already do in VIDA. For sure it would help to map some things out, but I am still convinced the special scripts for things like DRL etc are downloaded and decrypted at time of purchase.

#185 ·
This would likely be some sort of software part number, however I have also heard that electric seats don't need software (unless they are memory seats) and that as long as you can plug them in to the harness all they need is 12v power to operate.

#188 ·
Thanks for the video Andrew!

So yeah, they must be getting the PIN from a vida db table or something after that purchase (assuming the pin wasn't already stored in the vida cloud, they mention saving it there or something I think if you go down the cracking route).

#190 ·
#195 ·
Once you retrofit folding mirrors + new driver's door module (which supports folding mirrors), do the DDM reload (updating software for the module), do you get in the menu option to control mirrors folding or not depending is the car locked or not? Or is there another software update for that?

#196 · (Edited)
There's few (i think 3 ) different CEM readouts of both MCUs. I think i also tried to add a key with Tango in one of them. Don't remember if succesfull (i think it was ok) V50_c30_s50 - Google Drive

Also, here is one of worst damaged CEMs which i successfully cloned.
Hood Circuit component Passive circuit component Wood Hardware programmer

Back then i had my own shop, and had Vdash pro subscription, but i didn't knew nothing about CAN hacking (now I'm not an.expert too) so sadly I don't have any before/after readouts.
I'm pretty interested in this great topic , since i have 2006 2.4i V50 and 2011 2.0D S40, and both of them needs some retrofit. Especially S40 , which is weird equipped: it has Xenons HIDs with cornering , but has no CC and Trip Computer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.