Preconditioning? Blower turns on when car is unlocked
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Preconditioning? Blower turns on when car is unlocked

Hi everyone. I am brand new to the Volvo brand and this forum having purchased a V60CC about a month ago. I love browsing through all your posts and soaking in the wealth of information. I have noticed that the blower fan turns on sometimes when I unlock the car using the key fob after having been parked in my garage overnight. Temp in the garage ranges from the upper 30's to the 40's. The only reference to this behavior I could find in the manual was the preconditioning, but I was also under the impression that preconditioning only occurs when the engine is running. The blower turns off if I lock and unlock again. Is anyone able to shed some light on this?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

by Blower you mean the HVAC blower inside of the car or the fan by the radiator? Just making sure as I think you mean the inside but not sure. Also, how are you sure that’s the noise? Did you get in the car and could feel air coming from the vents? As for example my Audi will do have similar noise to “blower” when you unlock it for air suspension compressor and for fuel pump.

I could see temporarily used to let air out when you close the doors or something like some cars open windows to help with the air pressure.

But if the car was in the garage all night the air outside is the same temperature as inside so the only reason if it did what you described would be for fresh air injection.

Looking to see if we got someone with moer Volvo experience then me to explain this .
      Last edited by Kamil; 01-13-2020 at 09:44 AM.
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

That's not pre-conditioning, that's part of the Clean Zone Interior Package.

Attachment 58037

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by nbvolks View Post
      That's not pre-conditioning, that's part of the Clean Zone Interior Package.

Attachment 58037
      Thank you nbvolks. That is definitely it! I walked out to the parking lot and verified - I felt air blowing out from the intake vents under the wipers when I unlocked the car.

The following is an excerpt from topspeed.com.

"The Clean Zone Interior Package includes a remotely controlled automatic cabin ventilation system. It starts up when the car door is unlocked via the remote control and effectively expels any emissions and strong odours that have built up inside the parked car, thus promoting a healthier interior environment. The function gradually decreases in power as volatile substances from interior components and textiles are dissipated."

Here it is from the manual. It’s kind of an odd feature, slowly phasing itself out over 4 years. I feel like they may have changed this in one of the updates too, because I don’t notice it happening as much on my T6 as I did with my T5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s awesome I wonder if I got this ? How can one check? Got a 2020 V60 CC with every option
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      That’s awesome I wonder if I got this ? How can one check? Got a 2020 V60 CC with every option
      It's in the Cross Country Pro Package
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription
      1998 V70R. RIP Transmission
      1973 Volvo 1800ES which will someday get a T6 engine

Quote Originally Posted by Avboden View Post
      It's in the Cross Country Pro Package
      AWESOME!!!! Thanks for the information can’t wait to get the car this week.
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      Congratulations on the new car Kamil! Make sure you post some pictures when you take delivery.

The V60 does not have as strong of a new car small as some of my previous cars did. I remember being very happy that my 2006 Nissan Murano had a strong new car smell that lasted almost a year. Little did I realize that I was probably losing a few brain cells every time I took a breath inside the car

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements