New Sensus update causing power steering error
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

New Sensus update causing power steering error

I just had the newest Sensus updated and one week into driving I get this power steering error message. You think they'd test this type of stuff in the QA process. Almost every time I get a Sensus update, it causes a new and erroneous error message. Gosh Volvo...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dealcatcher View Post
      I just had the newest Sensus updated and one week into driving I get this power steering error message. You think they'd test this type of stuff in the QA process. Almost every time I get a Sensus update, it causes a new and erroneous error message. Gosh Volvo...

You could have a bad battery. Lots of posts here about this (happened to me too). Get it checked out at the dealer before you're stranded with something worse than an error message.
      2018 XC90 Inscription / Air Suspension / B & W / 21" OEM Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by dealcatcher View Post

Coincidence?
      2018 V90 T5 R Design FWD | Bursting Blue / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R Design Diamond Cut wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | HUD | Powered Load Cover | Mud Flaps | Rubber Floor Mats | Polestar Optimization

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

So I got the my last update in Oct 2019 which I guess the next update was in Nov. if I park the car and get out, go to the mailbox the car, even with key left in car I get an error message key not found. Both keys do this. No battery warning. If I stop the car then I have to lock and unlock to start it. Anyone else have this issue. Should I get a software upgrade or is that going to give me a power steering issue with my 2016 XC90 T8

Get the software update and don't let them charge you for it.
      2018 V90 T5 R Design FWD | Bursting Blue / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R Design Diamond Cut wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | HUD | Powered Load Cover | Mud Flaps | Rubber Floor Mats | Polestar Optimization

Quote Originally Posted by masvolvo View Post
      So I got the my last update in Oct 2019 which I guess the next update was in Nov. if I park the car and get out, go to the mailbox the car, even with key left in car I get an error message key not found. Both keys do this. No battery warning. If I stop the car then I have to lock and unlock to start it. Anyone else have this issue. Should I get a software upgrade or is that going to give me a power steering issue with my 2016 XC90 T8
      Called the Dealer, turns out it was my new Quick charger usb that I plugged into the 12 volt next to the key sensor. It was on sale for $8 on Amazon, must be poorly made. Anyway I went back to my older usb charger and the problem went away. I did not go in to get the software upgrade.

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements