XC70 2006 Automatic windows not keeping calibration
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

XC70 2006 Automatic windows not keeping calibration

Hey guys, new here and been trying to fix up my new to me old xc70.

The current issue is that the automatic front windows are not keeping calibration. They go down automatically, but if I try to get them up automatically they go all the way up and then automatically down again. I tried re-calibrating them with VIDA to no avail, so I resorted to the fuse trick and that worked I thought. When I came back the next day they were back to not going up automatically again. VIDA shows no error concerning anything relevant.

Anyone got any ideas why it might not keep the calibration but still show no error codes?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

had the same issue, also tried the fuse trick and after working for some time it again lost its calibration. Half a year later i got an error message in VIDA about a Hall sensor for the window position but now i don't have a problem with the window.
      What i would do for starters is to replace the blue sliding blocks in the window mechanism and grease the rail they slide in. Also impregnate the rubber window strips with silicone oil to reduce friction and after doing that recalibrate the window again. If you're still having problems, it might be in the Hall sensor but i dont have any experience in fixing that.

Thanks for the advise. I will try re-lubing the window rails and lets see. So strange that it works if manually hold up. I'll update if I find some solution.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hen123drik View Post
      had the same issue, also tried the fuse trick and after working for some time it again lost its calibration. Half a year later i got an error message in VIDA about a Hall sensor for the window position but now i don't have a problem with the window.
      What i would do for starters is to replace the blue sliding blocks in the window mechanism and grease the rail they slide in. Also impregnate the rubber window strips with silicone oil to reduce friction and after doing that recalibrate the window again. If you're still having problems, it might be in the Hall sensor but i dont have any experience in fixing that.
      It seems that Silicone spray fixed the problem. I cleaned out the rails again, sprayed them with silicone spray and went up perfectly first try. So thanks for the solid advice!

good to hear your problem is fixed! On the rails however i would use a 'heavier' lubricant/grease but i guess if you spray the rails every so often it'll be okay.

I'm not sure if rails are the right word, I mean the felt softening that the window glides in.

Lithium grease or silicon grease or silicon spray on the rails and blocks? I would think spray wouldn't last long.

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements