ckmack's 2017 Bursting Blue V60 T6 R-Design thread - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      You have the part for this net kit? Really want it !!

Quote Originally Posted by ckmack View Post
      Net pocket install done (the cargo area anyways). The right side is easier than the left. Took me about an hour overall. The key here is measuring many times before drilling holes, mocking it up, using masking tape, and not going in too far with the drill bits.

Going in for ceramic tint tomorrow!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Nice. The heat dissipation or blocking or whatever is very noticeable with this.
      Our s60 came from PO with a light tint and it's a stark difference to my VR with a light colored interior in summer.
      Indeed! $529 installed, XPEL has a lifetime warranty which is nice too
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

Quote Originally Posted by saucisse View Post
      You have the part for this net kit? Really want it !!
      Here you go 30756503

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...CC-499361/2016

I'm thinking of picking up a set myself, makes those little corners of the trunk useful! Also looking at the sunglasses holder.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefghii View Post
      Here you go 30756503

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...CC-499361/2016

I'm thinking of picking up a set myself, makes those little corners of the trunk useful! Also looking at the sunglasses holder.
      Both super useful and easy to do! I've relegated a microfiber and Invisible Glass cleaner to right pocket, and last night the left pocket kept a parsley plant safe on the way home from the grocery store haha
      Daily Driver: 2017 V60 T6 R-Design Bursting Blue / Black, 41k, "Bertie"
      Garage Queen: 1995 850 T-5R sedan Cream Yellow / Black, 97k, "Daisy"
      Garage Queen: 1995 850 T-5R estate Cream Yellow / Black, 287k, "Daisy2"
      Past: 2005 V70R Flash Green / Nordkap, 86k, "Flash"
      Past: 2005 S60R Black Sapphire / Nordkap, 88k, "Peggy"
      Past: 2000 V70R Laser Blue / Black, 174k, "Vicky"
      Past: 2000 S70 GLT SE Moondust / Beige, 175k, "Sandy"
      Past: 2013 S60 T6 R-Design Rebel Blue / Black, 88k, "Roxy"
      Past :2006 XC70 AWD Willow Green / Beige, 148k, "XC"

OEM carbon mirror caps on their way to me from the west coast, these will look nice!

LED interior domes and license plate lights swapped. Ordered from superbrightleds, great quality stuff

Haven’t bothered with the foot wells and puddle lights yet. May postpone those until a nicer day. Kinda bummed the rear cargo lights seem to be a LED integrated circuit board. Would love to switch them to match the 6500 “cool white” up front. If anyone has a solution, let me know. This is what I’m talking about:

CK-

Response and question.

The two front door LED puddle lights, the two front footwell lights, and the two cargo bay lights (one on the left panel, one on the lift gate) all seem to be the same part. (6 in total). Before I knew what I was doing, I ordered only a pair from IPD. Link below.

https://www.ipdusa.com/products/2091...171392-1286317

They are a definite upgrade over the factory LEDs and match the color / temp of the lights you recommended from superbrightleds. I guess I’m ordering 4 more to replace the remaining lights.

Note: the housing of the new LED is a hair larger than the factory cartridge, so you’ll need to shave the openings a little (an x-acto knife will do) to install them. I’m tempted to leave the footwell lights alone, but heck, in for a dime, in for a dollar.

Question: Have you or anyone upgraded the vanity mirror lights? I popped off the white opaque lens only to discover the tip of a tiny bulb - not the festoon bulb I expected to find. I’m reluctant to pop out the whole mirror assembly, as it’s not obvious where to start. This vanity light / mirror is not the same as is found in how-to videos on older Volvos where you could use a flathead to pop a couple of tabs.

Thanks for the updates on your project. Looks great.
      2017 XC60 R
      2015.5 S80 Platinum
      2010 S80 PP
      2010 V70
      2002 9-5 Aero
      2002 9-5 Sedan
      1999 9-5 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by SammieB View Post
      CK-

Response and question.

The two front door LED puddle lights, the two front footwell lights, and the two cargo bay lights (one on the left panel, one on the lift gate) all seem to be the same part. (6 in total). Before I knew what I was doing, I ordered only a pair from IPD. Link below.

https://www.ipdusa.com/products/2091...171392-1286317

They are a definite upgrade over the factory LEDs and match the color / temp of the lights you recommended from superbrightleds. I guess Iím ordering 4 more to replace the remaining lights.

Note: the housing of the new LED is a hair larger than the factory cartridge, so youíll need to shave the openings a little (an x-acto knife will do) to install them. Iím tempted to leave the footwell lights alone, but heck, in for a dime, in for a dollar.

Question: Have you or anyone upgraded the vanity mirror lights? I popped off the white opaque lens only to discover the tip of a tiny bulb - not the festoon bulb I expected to find. Iím reluctant to pop out the whole mirror assembly, as itís not obvious where to start. This vanity light / mirror is not the same as is found in how-to videos on older Volvos where you could use a flathead to pop a couple of tabs.

Thanks for the updates on your project. Looks great.
      Thanks for the response! Yeah I should probably order some of the IPD lights and try them out. To answer your question, I haven't given much thought to the vanity mirror lights. I could probably count on one hand how many times I've actually used those. My girlfriend uses it occasionally but I'm not gonna experiment with an upgrade just for that.

I have given some thought to deleting the airbag warning labels on the visors, but I don't want to accidentally ruin them. Future project!

My girlfriend uses it occasionally but I'm not gonna experiment with an upgrade just for that!
      She'd appreciate you more if you did. LOL. It's the next biggest thing the women in my family complain about after my driving.

Acc. to Volvo tech specs, the vanity bulb is a T5 base, W2x4.6d. This is Greek to me, but now having read this, I guess all you do is pop that lens and very carefully use needle-nose pliers to remove the bulb... but is there an LED replacement?

https://www.volvocars.com/en-th/supp...irror-lighting
      2017 XC60 R
      2015.5 S80 Platinum
      2010 S80 PP
      2010 V70
      2002 9-5 Aero
      2002 9-5 Sedan
      1999 9-5 Wagon

OEM carbon mirror caps on their way to me from the west coast, these will look nice!

If you're looking to unload the silver R design ones, I might be interested! Shoot me a PM if you want. Cheers!

Love the Blue, and appreciate the comments on the 4 versus 6 debate. I'm looking for the right 6, but I know I'd be happy with either setup.

Any idea if these are available for 2010-2017 XC60?

Quote Originally Posted by CTXC60RD View Post
      Any idea if these are available for 2010-2017 XC60?
      No, XC60 mirrors are taller (different shape) than S60/V60 mirrors.
      2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design - Passion Red/Off Black [HIS] - Platinum/Tech/Climate/19" IxionII, Polestar Winglets, IPD Catback Exhaust, IPD Rear Sway Bar, 15mm Spacers and KN Filter.
      2019 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Crystal White/Charcoal [HERS] - Nappa Leather w/Massage/Advanced/Heated Steering & Rear Seats/Sport Steering Wheel & Charcoal Headliner/20" Wheels/RD Sport Pedals
      ​Past: 1994 940Turbo/2004 S40LSE/2007 S60R/2010 Mazda 3/2012 S60RD/2013 S60T5AWD/2016 XC60T6AWD

I have given some thought to deleting the airbag warning labels on the visors, but I don't want to accidentally ruin them. Future project!
      I was just thinking about trying to remove those from my sun visors the other day, hate those stupid giant labels. Might give it a try at the weekend, looks like a little heat and alcohol should get them off. I'm on the same boat though, don't want to accidentally ruin them.

You don't even need heat. Apply rubbing alcohol to a clean rag and rub it off. Takes minimal effort, and really cleans up the interior!

Quote Originally Posted by vdub6541 View Post
      You don't even need heat. Apply rubbing alcohol to a clean rag and rub it off. Takes minimal effort, and really cleans up the interior!
      And the alcohol won't affect the color of the visor? Worried it might discolor the black...
      Logan

2015 S60 T6 AWD R-Design Polestar
      2008 S40 2.4i - hers

Former:

2013 C30 Polestar Limited Edition #87/250 | 2005 V50 T5 AWD | 1995 Yellow 850 T5-R

Quote Originally Posted by Veefifty T5AWD View Post
      And the alcohol won't affect the color of the visor? Worried it might discolor the black...
      Going to try later, I have some rubbing alcohol on hand. Fingers crossed I won't be shopping for a new visor later today!! Shame there is no where on the visor you can try a test spot that would not be visible.

Edit: No discoloration, tried a corner on the passengers sun visor (figured it was cheaper to replace if it messed up). 91% alcohol on a rag, held it on the sticker for a few seconds and then rubbed firmly, but not with a huge amount of pressure, sticker wrinkled and came off in that spot and left no mark behind. Ended up taking both labels off in about 10 minutes, they came off really easily, you can see where the label was due to sun fading, but my car has 75k on it and I would rather see that than those giant yellow labels (especially on a black interior). Will take a photo later once all the alcohol has evaporated.

Couple pics (apologies for the enormous size)

Alcohol before it's evaporated / dried:

Drivers side dried:

Looks so much better.
      Last edited by abcdefghii; 02-20-2020 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefghii View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Veefifty T5AWD View Post
      Going to try later, I have some rubbing alcohol on hand. Fingers crossed I won't be shopping for a new visor later today!! Shame there is no where on the visor you can try a test spot that would not be visible.

Edit: No discoloration, tried a corner on the passengers sun visor (figured it was cheaper to replace if it messed up). 91% alcohol on a rag, held it on the sticker for a few seconds and then rubbed firmly, but not with a huge amount of pressure, sticker wrinkled and came off in that spot and left no mark behind. Ended up taking both labels off in about 10 minutes, they came off really easily, you can see where the label was due to sun fading, but my car has 75k on it and I would rather see that than those giant yellow labels (especially on a black interior). Will take a photo later once all the alcohol has evaporated.

Couple pics (apologies for the enormous size)

Alcohol before it's evaporated / dried:

Drivers side dried:

Looks so much better.
      Good info! Thanks for the pics. I think I’ll probably try this sometime soon

Good info! Thanks for the pics. I think Iíll probably try this sometime soon
      Agree, it looks so much better. Now if someone only had an elegant solution to extend the visor, I'd be a happy camper!
      2018 V60 T5 Dynamic AWD, Osmium Grey Metallic
      Previous cars: 2003 Infiniti I35, 2003 VW Passat GLX Variant, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Honda Accord LX

Good and bad news today

Put the CF caps on

Noticed I have several cracks in the windshield right behind the rear view mirror. I think it was a rock impact that splintered outward. Luckily I have full glass coverage on my insurance, but still kind of a hassle. At least I’ll get a clear new piece of glass, and I can justify buying a glass sealant to try out

Visor airbag warning delete. Anxious to see it tomorrow in the light but really happy with how this came out

I can't even see the outline where the stickers were on mine, I'm sure once you see yours dry and in sunlight you'll be very pleased. Really happy with them removed from mine.

How did you remove them?

QUOTE=abcdefghii;7527373]I can't even see the outline where the stickers were on mine, I'm sure once you see yours dry and in sunlight you'll be very pleased. Really happy with them removed from mine.[/QUOTE]
      15 Volvo XC60 R-Design Platinum Pearl White Metallic, POLESTAR EXHAUST TDI Tuning Box, POLESTAR TUNED , IPD Rear Sway Bar and links, IPD POLY TORQUE ROD Koni FSD's, Eibach Loweing Springs, Powerflex Torque Bushing, Bloxsport wheel spacers
      Sold: 2008 Volvo C30 2.0 Java/Cosmic White, Manual, Elevate Tune, Weird OEM Mood Lighting Kit, EST Catback Exhaust, Koni STR.T, H&R Springs, Injen Intake, 19' BBS SR Wheels, Ion Yellow Fogs,
      SoldL 2006 Volvo V70R, Magic Blue, Stock

Quote Originally Posted by odiespankers07 View Post
      How did you remove them?
      Rubbing alcohol and a clean cloth, took about 10 minutes on both sides.

Corona prep, $325 worth of groceries and the V60 handled it well!

Also finally ordered an IPD rear anti-sway which should be here soon. They were having a sale so I figured why not. Does the suspension have to be unloaded for install? I assume so but just double checking. I may try to scoot it over to my old work and get it on a lift

Corona prep, $325 worth of groceries and the V60 handled it well!

Also finally ordered an IPD rear anti-sway which should be here soon. They were having a sale so I figured why not. Does the suspension have to be unloaded for install? I assume so but just double checking. I may try to scoot it over to my old work and get it on a lift
      Looks good!

The rear will need to be lifted off the ground - simple install, just undo the top of the end links, remove the sway bar, install new sway bar. Should take 10-30 minutes depending on if car is on jack stands or lift.
      2017 S60 T6 R-Design (His) - do88 FMIC | 2013 XC60 T6 (Hers) - IPD skidplate | 2012 S60 T6 R-Design - mods galore | 2006 XC90 2.5T AWD | 2000 S40 1.9T

Quote Originally Posted by rallyr32 View Post
      Looks good!

The rear will need to be lifted off the ground - simple install, just undo the top of the end links, remove the sway bar, install new sway bar. Should take 10-30 minutes depending on if car is on jack stands or lift.
      Backed ours onto ramps. That worked too.
      2016 XC70 2.5L T5 AWD, Platinum, Seashell/black, ipd rear bar, Curt hitch and wiring
      Previous Volvos: '16 V60CC, ours; 7? 245DL & '6? 145DL, hers; '68 122S Wagon, his.
      Non-Volvos previously owned: waaay too many to list here.

Quote Originally Posted by halfast3 View Post
      Backed ours onto ramps. That worked too.
      How did you get the top nuts off the end links if you were on a compressed suspension?

I tried, but the clearance was just not there to get them off without jacking the car up and drooping the suspension.

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...=1#post7122305
      Last edited by p.rico; 03-17-2020 at 08:27 PM.
      2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

Quote Originally Posted by p.rico
      How did you get the top nuts off the end links if you were on a compressed suspension?

I tried, but the clearance was just not there to get them off without jacking the car up and drooping the suspension.
      I used an air ratchet though, a flex head ratcheting wrench* would work as well.

Keep in mind that our former V60CC and current XC70 sit on higher suspension which would likely have easier access.

* I like the look of the Lowes set I linked. That said, I don't have a lot of experience working on Volvos but my VW experience suggests that an 18mm isn't going to get much use as opposed to 19mm.
      2016 XC70 2.5L T5 AWD, Platinum, Seashell/black, ipd rear bar, Curt hitch and wiring
      Previous Volvos: '16 V60CC, ours; 7? 245DL & '6? 145DL, hers; '68 122S Wagon, his.
      Non-Volvos previously owned: waaay too many to list here.

Quote Originally Posted by halfast3 View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by p.rico

I used an air ratchet though, a flex head ratcheting wrench* would work as well.

Keep in mind that our former V60CC and current XC70 sit on higher suspension which would likely have easier access.

* I like the look of the Lowes set I linked. That said, I don't have a lot of experience working on Volvos but my VW experience suggests that an 18mm isn't going to get much use as opposed to 19mm.
      Your suspension height is why... I have ratcheting open wrenches. The issue isn't the tool insertion as it is more so the ability to get the nuts off. With the S60, the endlinks sit right next to the subframe mounts when the car is on wheels so you cannot physically ratchet anything that involves manual ratcheting motions.
      Last edited by p.rico; 03-18-2020 at 05:20 PM.
      2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

Rear anti-sway went on today, too bad I’m barely driving anywhere to feel the difference yet haha

(Ignore the ugly exhaust, I wanna polish that up soon)

Cabin filter change today. This thing sucks but I’m glad I saved the money doing it myself. Also have some detailing supplies ordered so I should hopefully be getting this dialed in soon.

Hit 40,000 miles the other day. Oil change scheduleded for next Thursday. Not really due for one but this will get back on schedule.

May try to scoop up some mudflaps and a bumper protector soon too. Gonna wait to install them until I get to polishing the exterior first

Oil change today, funnily enough a true Polestar V60 was in for service two bays down

Visor airbag warning delete. Anxious to see it tomorrow in the light but really happy with how this came out

Did the same back in 2017. I was annoyed by the big white labels right in my field of view (I'm tall).
      https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...)-today/page97
      Last edited by Stef1; 05-07-2020 at 08:16 PM.
      Bright Silver 2015.5 V60, T6 3.0 AWD, P* tune, Simons Touring Catback, Eibach ProKit, various retrofits including adaptive OE xenon

Update: V60 threw a CEL a few days ago so I brought it to my dealership. Turns out it was two faulty fuel injectors. Luckily CPO took care of everything and the car is running great again

I have a new OEM windshield going in tomorrow and I will be promptly driving it back home to sit the rest of the week. Next weekend I’m going to be doing a full decontamination wash, autoscrub, regular wash, polish, sealant + wax, and a glass coating. Additionally I will be putting on all four mudflaps, the bumper protector, and new wiper blades. Toying with the idea of de-badging the back except for the Polestar badge...hmmm. Pics incoming

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast