Does it Matter ~

2K views 12 replies 2 participants last post by  EngTech 
#1 · (Edited)
Does It Really ~ Matter ?

Click on Picture ~ maybe You'll get a Picture worth a 1000 words

Auto part Automotive fog light Automotive exterior

See less See more
#2 ·
AHhhhhh- Yep pretty much looks like one could Bolt on Lower Turbo Manifold and then Bolt on Upper Performance Plume & 70mm Throttle Body ..

Or Make You Own Upper Plume , I just can't see How a 11:1 Compression Motor could be Hurting for Bottom End Tq. , so Throw Out the Extra Long Plastic Web and Go Full Tilt Bogey ~

#3 ·
Just for Nothing but has anyone ever tried Bolted On Turbo's Upper Plume to Lower 2.4i Manifold ?

#4 ·
It wouldn't be that simple.... T5 throttle body is on the lower left, coming up from the intercooler. 2.4i throttle body is on the upper right, coming from the MAF.

Theoretically, you could add the T5 upper plenum, relocate the MAF, and put the intake filter down behind the fog grille. Not sure this would gain you anything and you might need a tune to avoid a MAF related CEL. Not sure the shape of the T5 plenum is really optimal for non-forced induction either.

#5 · (Edited)
I was thinking out loud ~

Generally Long Runners on Intakes are for Lower End . . Shorter Intake Runners for Higher Up .. with Nice Sounding Dual , doesn't have to be Riced Out like a Honda ..
In Fact the 5 cly. doesn't sound anything like that ...especially ripping past 6500 Rpm's

As it is set up Now it's like having a 2 barrel Carburetor on 4 Valve Twin Cam Head - 11:1 Compression - then Put on " Lincoln Tunnel Intake system "

Lower Intake Unit even Stops with a Flat surface - couldn't be a Nicer Presentation , other then say Here I am I'm choking could U - Un_Cork Me !

Like to see a Fab On with Dual Throttle bodies - Dead Center - with say 4 inch space Between those .. ( 1 Actual , 1 just a Follower ) with Common Shaft ..
Certainly the Parts are very Cheap ..

Testing with Plastic Upper Plume as there has to be 101 of those available $25. and Thermal Gasket .. also using the Thermal Gasket Off Ebay would Seal Nicely - Even If the Turbo Lower Unit was needed ..
Testing Purposes - lets say the Test Plume doesn't Fit Perfectly - It would Only Require a Mating Surface Plate say 3/8" to Bolt Both Up ( If Turbo Plume doesn't Bolt Up ..) Perfectly ..

If You Imagine cutting Off those Long Runners on 2.4i Intake system - it leaves Motor with a Plume - Not much Different then Turbo's Unit . .

If Turbo assisted get The Natural Breathing Motor would Generate More : https://www.elevatecars.com/store/v...40-t5-polished-port-lower-inlet-manifold.html

#7 ·
Just Remember the Day of 4 Cly. & 8 Valves , then 16 Valves , then 5 cly & 20 Valves with Advance Twin Cams - Never could Run 11:1 compression , only Newer Ones with Computers . . Unless U had Race Fuel ..back then ..
These 2.4i sound & Run - Nice ~

#8 ·
Anyone Taking the Time to really Build one of these T5's should get Rods Gun Drilled or Add Oil Splasher's to Crank Bolts ( like a Washer with Flip Lip )
Could be made from Titanium Washers ( 5 x 1 per Exhaust side Rod Bolt ) so Weight would be very Nill - Grams -

Personally New Style Pistons from an R Honda could be Adapted seeing these are Fed Oil from Gun Drilled Rods which Push Oil through Pistons to Cool ..

#9 · (Edited)
Here's everything needed for Custom Install and More Top End , but could just Port Stock Unit : Those Really Looking for something More then Stock

ps: I have on Good Faith that Seller will take $40 and I'd ask to have Shipping Reduced .. only half these Components would be used so Others could be sold ~ Ending in Free - Exportation for Eff% HP . .

http://ttps://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Volvo-S40-V50-C30-C70-Upper-Lower-Intake-Manifold-30650184-w-Injectors/283364455218?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

#10 · (Edited)
Instead of Of Boring You all with Eye Candy Photo's or Ported Intakes and Turbo's
I'll let You Listen to Porter doing His Porting - very Nicely done Video and gives good insight as to what One Goes through to get this Type of Work Completed .
I have checked out 35-40 of these Video's over Years , either they were very short , Had No sound , or No Voice , or Can't Spell and some things were just Freaking Off . .

Everything in this Video is Designed for the General DIY Guy that have some Tools , Time , Skills ..

ps: those have Broken a Belt or taking on Project Car that has had a Broken Belt - Pay Special Attn : to the Valve Info .. Guides , Seats etc. ie: Read ( Shape ) & 125K Carbon

Viewer beware this is Additive : Brahhhaa :

#11 · (Edited)
After Taking Look back @ Historical Performance Enhancements to 5 cly. ~ Volvo Motor ~ Here is what I was Saying about T5 Platform that ~ Entire Generation seems to have Forgotten :

Pictures will speak for themselves the Potential is There ~ Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Technology

Here It is Live : Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Hood

Not Even as Smooth as Parts that Currently Available & Extra Short : Product Machine Water Drink Small appliance

This Being Even Shorter then Modern _ Lower Unit & Upper Plume . . Power Band would be Higher Up . .

Certainly just "Ported Lower" would be Good Eff% Increase & HP Increase . .

#12 · (Edited)
Above Motor with Addition of Cams Ran Extra Strong - Power was in 5000~7800 Rpm Range
Admit-tingly - that's - Higher then Most want to Prep an Engine today . ( As Many just don't want to take the Time ..) with Special Head Work or Special Cut Back Valves , Light weight Titanium Valves ..

The Much Shorter Intake system Lead Motor in this Direction .

But !

Certainly a Ported Lower Intake on 2.4i would be Most Enhancing Across Rpm Range 2600 Rpm to 6800 Rpm .. with out Cams ..

I'd Not recommend Running 7qts. of Oil then Run a Road Course through the Mountains , Going down Hill - Down shifting @ 3-4K , then Jump on
the Throttle Going up 25 Degree Plus Grade - pulling 6800 Rpms for 2 Miles .. Oh Wait that's Exactly what Volvo Owners do through the Mountains Only
It's done for 11-15 miles or in some Cases 50-75 miles .. Back to Back ~

#13 ·
Spotted a very Low Cost 2.4i Lower Unit ~

2.4i already has Header Pipe Breaths very good on Exhaust Side - even Factory was trying to Help Tq. Numbers with Lower INtake shape on Cly. 1 & 5
( If it was Ported then Intake Cam ) could really Breath ~ Matched Gaskets and All
https://www.ebay.com/itm/333369222782?ul_noapp=true

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.