2017 Volvo S60 inscription platinum windshield washer fluid leaking
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

2017 Volvo S60 inscription platinum windshield washer fluid leaking

Hell everyone,

I’m having a bit of a rough week with my Volvo. Recently my Volvo was in a minor front end collision. It was so miner the bumper only had to be repainted. Well when I got the car back, i had a little light on the dash telling me to add more windshield washer fluid. I didn’t think much of it and I added more. It took one and half bottles to get it up to the top. Well the next morning I come out to the garage to get in my car, when I realize there is a puddle of windshield washer fluid under the driver side front tire. So I took the fender liner off the drivers side wheel well and I could see the tank still had a lot of windshield washer fluid in it. So does this mean there’s crack in the neck somewhere between the fill port and tank? Once the windshield wiper fluid gets below a certain level it stops leaking. On another bad note, over the summer, I had part of my trunk wet sanded and buffed. I guess I didn’t notice at the time but they burned through my clear coat in one spot. I already have an appointment at a body shop on the 27 of this month (January) to have the trunk repainted. I’m definitely frustrated but it is what it is. I also lost my wallet this week so I’m just not having a good week. If anyone has any ideas about the windshield wiper fluid please let me know.

Best,
      Ben

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BenRothman View Post
      Hell everyone,

I’m having a bit of a rough week with my Volvo. Recently my Volvo was in a minor front end collision. It was so miner the bumper only had to be repainted. Well when I got the car back, i had a little light on the dash telling me to add more windshield washer fluid. I didn’t think much of it and I added more. It took one and half bottles to get it up to the top. Well the next morning I come out to the garage to get in my car, when I realize there is a puddle of windshield washer fluid under the driver side front tire. So I took the fender liner off the drivers side wheel well and I could see the tank still had a lot of windshield washer fluid in it. So does this mean there’s crack in the neck somewhere between the fill port and tank? Once the windshield wiper fluid gets below a certain level it stops leaking. On another bad note, over the summer, I had part of my trunk wet sanded and buffed. I guess I didn’t notice at the time but they burned through my clear coat in one spot. I already have an appointment at a body shop on the 27 of this month (January) to have the trunk repainted. I’m definitely frustrated but it is what it is. I also lost my wallet this week so I’m just not having a good week. If anyone has any ideas about the windshield wiper fluid please let me know.

Best,
      Ben
      There is a seal between the fill neck and tank. It's leaking at the seal.

few things could be causing it, seal between fill neck and reservoir, headlight washer line damage, crack in reservoir.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Hi, thank you guys so much for all the replies!

Where should I start to try and diagnose the problem?

my experience

Quote Originally Posted by BenRothman View Post
      Hi, thank you guys so much for all the replies!

Where should I start to try and diagnose the problem?
      just take it back to dealer - my 2017 r design was not in an accident and the washer fluid was leaking badly - said they had to replace the washer pump

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements