do88 Air Box
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: do88 Air Box

do88 Air Box

Just received the new do88 intake system from Viva. Thought I would post some pictures before I get to the install.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It looks like a vacuum cleaner attachment, I’m sure it will look much better installed! So it just replaced the stock air box, what’s the diameter of the tubing ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2008 S40 T5 AWD ("Shadow") |ELEVATE 3" Intake, 2.5" Charge Pipe, Intercooler, Torque Mount, ECU Mount, TCV, Turbosmart CBV, Turbosmart Actuator, stage 3 APC Tune, 3 Stickers (5HP)ea||ClockWorkCalibrations Custom 3" Exhaust||EuroSportTuning 3" downpipe.||CF Cone Filter||De-Badged||custom Mesh Grill||Intercooler Cut out||Porsche 911 Throttle body upgrade||18" Enkie PDC Wheels wrapped in 225/45/18 Sentury UHP||M3 Spoiler|| 8k Morimoto HID Kit|| White LED Fog,City,trunk light|"embody God, then go crazy"

Honestly, that looks cheap - do88 makes some great intercoolers, so I'm surprised they put their name on this. Very homemade, imo.
      Logan

2015 S60 T6 AWD R-Design Polestar
      2008 S40 2.4i - hers

Former:

2013 C30 Polestar Limited Edition #87/250 | 2005 V50 T5 AWD | 1995 Yellow 850 T5-R

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jondevieonS40 View Post
      It looks like a vacuum cleaner attachment, I’m sure it will look much better installed! So it just replaced the stock air box, what’s the diameter of the tubing ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I'll probably paint or hydrodip the plastics to go along with the colors in my engine bay. I'll get back to you on the tubing diameter, currently stuck at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Veefifty T5AWD View Post
      Honestly, that looks cheap - do88 makes some great intercoolers, so I'm surprised they put their name on this. Very homemade, imo.
      Isn't the prettiest but the numbers looks promising.

I'm seeing a foam filter element, is it tacky (pre-oiled)? These can be better than oiled gauze but do have to be oiled as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lunalolvo View Post
      I'm seeing a foam filter element, is it tacky (pre-oiled)? These can be better than oiled gauze but do have to be oiled as well.
      I'll get back to you on that. Didn't have time to take the airbox apart today.

I saw that they started making this! Really curious if it proves better than stock

So one hose uses the stock snorkel, i wonder where the other one runs to. That price is harsh but i guess it does include the ECM mount right? please dont tell me that was separate lol
      2008 S40 T5 AWD ("Shadow") |ELEVATE 3" Intake, 2.5" Charge Pipe, Intercooler, Torque Mount, ECU Mount, TCV, Turbosmart CBV, Turbosmart Actuator, stage 3 APC Tune, 3 Stickers (5HP)ea||ClockWorkCalibrations Custom 3" Exhaust||EuroSportTuning 3" downpipe.||CF Cone Filter||De-Badged||custom Mesh Grill||Intercooler Cut out||Porsche 911 Throttle body upgrade||18" Enkie PDC Wheels wrapped in 225/45/18 Sentury UHP||M3 Spoiler|| 8k Morimoto HID Kit|| White LED Fog,City,trunk light|"embody God, then go crazy"

Quote Originally Posted by jondevieonS40 View Post
      So one hose uses the stock snorkel, i wonder where the other one runs to. That price is harsh but i guess it does include the ECM mount right? please dont tell me that was separate lol
      Bout the same price as an injen intake kit, which needs to be modified for auto trans and also has an open filter. The do88 unit did include the ECU mount.

Cracked open the air box today. Filter is oiled, in the inside of the plastic housing is nice and smooth. Different finish than the outside.

Filter dimensions are 15 5/8" x 5 7/8". If I can find a metric ruler I'll post the true dimensions.

Wondering how well it'll filter. Looks thick and high-PPI. Kind of cool that you can buy bulk foam and cut/glue yourself a new panel filter if you needed.
      I like the airbox design, looks believably OEM-ish while (probably) way easier to remove. Wish it was cheaper, I'd consider it for my 2.4i that's on a very not-stock looking inline airbox right now.
      Last edited by lunalolvo; 01-15-2020 at 02:16 PM.

Does do88 offer replacement filters? What do you do when one wears out?

Quote Originally Posted by muppetman342 View Post
      Does do88 offer replacement filters? What do you do when one wears out?
      Not 100% sure yet. My plan is to find what other filters fit, should be pretty simple.

Keep the information coming! Super interested on whether or not this part is worthwhile. Heck, it might be worth it purely for the ease of maintenance if it fits in and out without unbolting the engine mount.

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements