After 7 years of owning an R..
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

After 7 years of owning an R..

After almost a decade of ownership, it's finally time to say goodbye.. to the stock tune! Although my R has significantly more miles on it than when I purchased it in Feb 2013 I think it's finally ready for my last and final performance tweak (Unless sleeving its required, hopefully not). Pulled trigger on Shark Stage II or thereabout, a little more conservative around 20 psi. Should be here in a few days, for now I'm enjoying the last days on a stock tune!
      06R - Custom Electric Blue Silver - Suntek PPF / IGL Kenzo Coated / Llumar Airblue 80 / Huper Optic 40
      07R - Magic Blue IGL - Sold

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Had me worried lmao

Good luck and enjoy the new poweR
      06 S60R M66 | Blurple w/Sport Kit | 19" FC04A's | KW V2 | Hilton Stage 2.25 | DevilsOwn W/M | IPD:3" Oval Catless Exhaust | HD CA's | Adj. Toe Bars | 28mm Rear Sway | Snabb: Turbo Intake | Airbox | Big FMIC | Synapse DV | Colder Plugs | Strut Brace | Delrin S.B.'s | 20mm Spacers | 90mm Studs | Fancy Rotors | A-Pillar Boost/Trans/Volt Gauges | ScanGauge II | All Lights HID | My BUILD THREAD

Man, that was good. You got me. SMH. I can’t wait to hear your feedback on the tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      05 VR GT Titanium Grey/Nordakp, sunroof, Winter Package, Premium sound with Volvo Sub. VST rear brace, Ultra Racing front strut brace.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I read somewhere that Shark stopped doing Volvo tunes. Clearly I was wrong! (Or, well, they were.) Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
      06 S40 T5 AWD : DO88 intercooler : 3" EST downpipe : Eibach springs (1" drop) : Magnaflow cat-back exhaust : Hilton stage 2.5 tune

Glad to see I got some people!

They are alive an well, Juha called me today to confirm everything. I'm super amped to finally unlock this thing, it's been a long time coming. Will post up once the tune is in but I'll try an take a video of Stock right before.
      06R - Custom Electric Blue Silver - Suntek PPF / IGL Kenzo Coated / Llumar Airblue 80 / Huper Optic 40

Do you a GT? Do the 06-07 need the torque delete?

05 VR GT Titanium Grey/Nordakp, sunroof, Winter Package, Premium sound with Volvo Sub. VST rear brace, Ultra Racing front strut brace.

Use Gustav or Steveo would be my recommendation over a shelf tune.
      2018 Leadfoot Ford Raptor.
      05 S60R MT, Stock block 578AWHP, 12.2 1/4 mile at 124 mph. Built 804 AWHP. Built engine, Cnc ported head, Front & Rear LSD, Ported Gen 2 T4 GTX3584RS hybrid, Turbosmart 45mm WG, Tial QR Bov, Enem Y21 Cams, Radium Surge tank, 1700cc Id's, Triple Walbro 485's, PM3, Devils Own meth injection, speed density converted mafless setup, Bell FMIC, Snabb air box, Poly, Milletech intake manifold, IP plasma coils, IP Plasma lift. Snabb shifter. TTV Twin Clutch. GB Forgestar F-14's, Enkei RSF5, KW V2'S, Ur Braces, Vr sways, IPD toe bars. Built to the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterBD View Post
      Do you a GT? Do the 06-07 need the torque delete?

I do have a GT but I don't think the TF80's have a limiter, either way, I won't be removing it (If it does exist) simply because I never launch the car from a stop. Shark does not offer this either but again I won't be messing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
      Use Gustav or Steveo would be my recommendation over a shelf tune.
      I'll be sticking with Shark, I want a turn-key simple safe tune. I'm not looking for add on's (Although 4c map switching is a huge perk). Juha has been super responsive and definitely knows his stuff. I don't have time to log and dial in, this is my Daily and that's what I'm building towards. The next toy will require a full stand-alone tune

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
      After almost a decade of ownership, it's finally time to say goodbye.. to the stock tune! Although my R has significantly more miles on it than when I purchased it in Feb 2013 I think it's finally ready for my last and final performance tweak (Unless sleeving its required, hopefully not). Pulled trigger on Shark Stage II or thereabout, a little more conservative around 20 psi. Should be here in a few days, for now I'm enjoying the last days on a stock tune!
      you're gonna love that tune. I've had my R for over 8 years now and for the majority of its life its been on a Shark Stage 2 tune. got it loaded in Sept 2013. no issues with that tune and it pulls hard.

I've got a video to upload with the dyno run I had with that tune recently, just need to edit it. I have a Stage 1 Shark tune on my XC70 and it great too!

I had a Contrast Tune for about a year, wanted something i can data log properly and do some custom things with it. I have the dyno videos to edit for that also. I did a baseline with stock tune before doing both tune dynos. I'll try and get those videos on by the weekend.

I'm currently back on the Shark tune.
      Last edited by MN-TURBOR; 01-15-2020 at 09:31 AM.
      2007 S60R - Ti Grey/Atacama M66 - Stage II Shark Tune - 8EightFab downpipe - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - SNABB FMIC/Intake Pipe - TWM Short Shifter - Forge CBV - UR Front Brace/Rear Brace - IPD 28mm Rear Sway Bar - BC Racing Coilovers
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport - Electric Silver - Muffler/Resonator Delete
      2007 XC70 - Ice White - Stage I Shark Tune - Muffler Delete

I'll be sticking with Shark, I want a turn-key simple safe tune. I'm not looking for add on's (Although 4c map switching is a huge perk). Juha has been super responsive and definitely knows his stuff. I don't have time to log and dial in, this is my Daily and that's what I'm building towards. The next toy will require a full stand-alone tune
      Got ya and yes the logging and back and forth can be a pain but worth it in the end. Let us know how the shark tune is and good luck my friend
      2018 Leadfoot Ford Raptor.
      05 S60R MT, Stock block 578AWHP, 12.2 1/4 mile at 124 mph. Built 804 AWHP. Built engine, Cnc ported head, Front & Rear LSD, Ported Gen 2 T4 GTX3584RS hybrid, Turbosmart 45mm WG, Tial QR Bov, Enem Y21 Cams, Radium Surge tank, 1700cc Id's, Triple Walbro 485's, PM3, Devils Own meth injection, speed density converted mafless setup, Bell FMIC, Snabb air box, Poly, Milletech intake manifold, IP plasma coils, IP Plasma lift. Snabb shifter. TTV Twin Clutch. GB Forgestar F-14's, Enkei RSF5, KW V2'S, Ur Braces, Vr sways, IPD toe bars. Built to the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by MN-TURBOR View Post
      you're gonna love that tune. I've had my R for over 8 years now and for the majority of its life its been on a Shark Stage 2 tune. got it loaded in Sept 2013. no issues with that tune and it pulls hard.

I've got a video to upload with the dyno run I had with that tune recently, just need to edit it. I have a Stage 1 Shark tune on my XC70 and it great too!

I had a Contrast Tune for about a year, wanted something i can data log properly and do some custom things with it. I have the dyno videos to edit for that also. I did a baseline with stock tune before doing both tune dynos. I'll try and get those videos on by the weekend.

Haha, your posts convinced me!

Saw your dyno graphs and review, in time I will go stage 3 plus. I figure in another year a half or so I'll pull the block and either go Elevate or Darton Sleeves, then drop a very aggressive tune on it. Right now the R is so perfect I don't want to mess with it too much but I'm planning on going a bit faster soon enough.

They shipped out tuner today, hopefully, Friday I may be running a new tune and just in time for my trip to Boston!

Got ya and yes the logging and back and forth can be a pain but worth it in the end. Let us know how the shark tune is and good luck my friend
      Thank you, kind Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by MN-TURBOR View Post

QQ ~ Do I have to swap the new spring in the Forge CBV? I have the stock rated spring (Yellow I think?) in now. I'm dreading going back in if I have to swap for the Green..

that's an interesting take. I always thought the login back and forth was super cool like some hi-tech hax0ring of the cars so I don't know whenever someone has to remote in. But also didn't know Shark was still around?!? they've been selling the same hardware solution for ~10 years now?

QQ ~ Do I have to swap the new spring in the Forge CBV? I have the stock rated spring (Yellow I think?) in now. I'm dreading going back in if I have to swap for the Green..
      didnt have an issue with the stock CBV/spring but when I updated to the Forge CBV I used the tuned spring. tuned is yellow, stock is green.
      2007 S60R - Ti Grey/Atacama M66 - Stage II Shark Tune - 8EightFab downpipe - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - SNABB FMIC/Intake Pipe - TWM Short Shifter - Forge CBV - UR Front Brace/Rear Brace - IPD 28mm Rear Sway Bar - BC Racing Coilovers
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport - Electric Silver - Muffler/Resonator Delete
      2007 XC70 - Ice White - Stage I Shark Tune - Muffler Delete

19. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements