ECU Quiescent Current Too High error in VIDA?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

ECU Quiescent Current Too High error in VIDA?

Anyone want to take a guess what this error is?

error_code_01.06.2020.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Is it permanent or does it clear? Can You post a screenshot of the Battery SoC history screen (bottom of the list under Service Functions)

That is what was wrong with my T8. Volvo just replaced the CEM and a bunch of relays.
      2019 Bursting Blue XC60 R-Design T8
      | 21" Wheels | Exterior Style Kit | Advanced | 4C Air | B & W | CPO 10yr/Unlimited |
      2010 Maple Red XC60 T6 retired at 173,375 miles

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
      Is it permanent or does it clear? Can You post a screenshot of the Battery SoC history screen (bottom of the list under Service Functions)
      Will check when I get back home. I assume the state of charge history is available through the OTA diagnostics I've pulled?

Quote Originally Posted by nbvolks View Post
      Will check when I get back home. I assume the state of charge history is available through the OTA diagnostics I've pulled?
      The SoC isn't actually what I'm looking at. The screen also shows a quiescent current history which would be important to see if you have a draw. The vast majority of your instances should be in the 0-100mA area.

The SoC isn't actually what I'm looking at. The screen also shows a quiescent current history which would be important to see if you have a draw. The vast majority of your instances should be in the 0-100mA area.
      To answer my own question, no I can't pull the SoC history OTA. It only allows for that with the car connected. But since I had it open anyway, here's the list of DTCs.

DTCs_01.15.2020.jpg

The two speaker ones are just from when I swapped out the HK speakers for the B&Ws ones. Odd that it caught some, but not all of them.

All the yellow ones seem to have been ghost codes or something, because they're logged, but resolved.

So that's just from an old readout? Do you have VIDA? Yes, the SoC tool needs the car connected. I assumed you had VIDA.

Anyway, that code is stored if the quiescent current exceeds a certain amount (I don't remember the threshold off hand). I've seen it in a lot of cars with no symptoms. If the counters show a vast majority of the time the current is 0-100mA, I don't think there is a problem.

So that's just from an old readout? Do you have VIDA? Yes, the SoC tool needs the car connected. I assumed you had VIDA.

Anyway, that code is stored if the quiescent current exceeds a certain amount (I don't remember the threshold off hand). I've seen it in a lot of cars with no symptoms. If the counters show a vast majority of the time the current is 0-100mA, I don't think there is a problem.
      I do have VIDA, I just don't currently have a way to physically connect to the car to use some of the features, so I'm limited to the OTA options. So in this case, I can see all errors logged up to the date/time I pull the log OTA. So by "old" that log was as of the 16th, and included all errors since the last time the Service 2.0 software was loaded, which for me was over the summer.

Gotcha. We were just mixing up terminology. Sorry for the confusion.

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements