SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

__2020 V60 Cross Country__ “Panda” 🐼

47K views 419 replies 50 participants last post by  Kamil 
#1 · (Edited)
__2020 V60 Cross Country__

Hello everyone,

I wanted to start a build thread for my Polestar optimized 2020 V60 CC in Crystal White with Amber interior ?

Equipped from factory with:

• Advanced Package
  • Luxury Package
  • Heated Rear Seats & Heated Steering Wheel
  • Cross Country Pro Package
  • Trailer Hitch
  • Polestar
  • Bowers & Wilkins Sound
  • Park Assist Pilot
  • Dual Exhaust Pipes
  • Mud Flaps

Added at dealership:

• Red Key
  • Volvo Designed Roof Box
  • Load Carrier
  • Stainless Steel Rear Bumper Cover
  • Cargo Mat
  • Cargo net

I'm also on Instagram if you want to see more pictures and stories

Attachments

See less See more
#146 ·
Extremely easy install. 5min tops with taking your time.

As for 300 miles trip and my initial impression is that on normal driving as expected no changes observed however I had a situation where at 70 miles an hour I needed to swerve to avoid a collision (Michigan drivers...) and could definitely feel less “wobble” and more “grounded” and “controlled” movement of the car then previously in same scenario.

Again, a lot of things could consider the difference in the “feel” exact speed, initial input and speed of correction, as well as ambient temperature for one with shock absorbers and rebound rate. However, I’m happy with the results, It’s definitely making the engine bay nicer, and with the reasonable price I got from George at ViVA performance and the easy 5 min 2 sockets install, I definitely recommend it.

#151 ·
Spend 6 hours washing the car today. Did pressure wash on the undercarriage and all iron remover as the car started to show the rusted spots on paint and the chrome trim.

Few pictures of the finished product and the process...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#152 ·
Did you claybar after you did the Iron Remover? Did you use any type of paint sealant or ceramic coating to prevent future spots from appearing on the paint? I have Ceramic Coating on my wife's Crystal White XC60 and no rust spots have appeared since I applied the coating.

#153 ·
The process was all over the place as I tried to to much for first wash, long time no wash, and spring after winter full wash.

Anyway what I did was

Undercarriage wash
Pressure washed pre wash
Foam gun winter bust wash
Pressure washer rinse
Two buckets wash
Pressure washer rinse
Paint and trim inspection
Iron remover dwell
Used brush to work it in to paint
Washed it with bug / grit sponge and the soap water
Pressure washer rinse
Dry

Treated all black trim
Tires treated

Did not find time to do any wax or coating after all that.

Gone do car guys liquid wax next time.

#154 ·
Damn, 6 hours after loosing an hour at that, that's impressive. BTW, she looks great! What did you end up using for the black plastic trims? Those buggers on the CC worry me, VRP may be?

I didn't do much other than installing a charging adapter to the jump points so that I can do a top-up once a month.

#172 ·
It's been some time since I posted things are very busy at work for us and a lot of extended travel.

Anyway, Finley got home for two days so I removed the rear letters just left the AWD and Polestar badge.

Also got it all waxed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#173 ·
It's been some time since I posted things are very busy at work for us and a lot of extended travel.

Anyway, Finley got home for two days so I removed the rear letters just left the AWD and Polestar badge.

Also got it all waxed.
Ok, I'll bite; why all the tape?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

#176 ·
Wow, my wife had me convinced that I was a bit anal about my car. Now she's going to have me committed. No wonder yours looks so good!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

#177 ·
When it comes to detailing my car, I am anal but I am determined that I do not want to go up to that level. Kudos to you!

I use Klasse AIO and Glaze on the paint, windows and smooth plastic parts. I do not use this combo on those plastic trims directly but its never stained them when I use it on the paint around the trims.

#181 ·
Taping it was easy for me and really quick however one roll to do the entire car so it will be pricey.

That said I would not take a risk myself with discoloring the trim. I found when this happens you're just chasing problem after problem trying to clean it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.