2006 S60 2.5T AWD Anti-Skid/ABS/AWD Issue
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

2006 S60 2.5T AWD Anti-Skid/ABS/AWD Issue

Hey guys - sorry if this has been asked a million times, I haven't been able to find much that matches the issue I'm having. I recently bought an 06 S60 2.5T AWD - its a nice car and generally in good shape for it's age and miles (171k). When I bought it, the PO said they had some issues when it got humid with the ABS light activating - I thought it probably wasn't a huge deal. While driving home, (car runs and drives great) I stopped for dinner, came back out and started the car - the ABS light was on, as well as a "Anti-Skid System Service" message. Again, I knew it was intermittent so I expected it and continued driving home - again it drove great with no issues. When I got on my road, which is covered in snow, I stopped and wanted to see if AWD was working - it is not engaging the back wheels, and there is no grinding or other noises.
      Fast-forward to this morning, I hope in and start it up, no ABS light and no Anti-Skid system message, I again try AWD and it's obvious the rear wheels are still not engaging.. I'm sure there is a DTC set causing the AWD not to work because of the intermittent ABS issue, right? I'm leaning toward the issue being the clock spring - would that sound about right?

Any help is appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Short answer, yes, any ABS / stability control / brake system warning will typically disable the AWD system (and cruise control I found) and even when the code stops being displayed, it will take X number of fault free drives before it totally clears the code.

Easiest solution to force erase that code is to get Vida/Dice (or I hear there are 3rd party scanners that actually work on these but can't speak for that)

When my clockspring/SAS was going i got all sorts of codes like that at random times.

When my brake pedal position sensor went I got similar codes & symptoms (but brake system warning & engine control unit errors)
      \

Hopefully it's not multiple issues, but scanning it with the right equipment will help you make best use of your time
      The classic cruiser, 1972 164E, Alpine Blue Metallic.
      Sold the daily, 2009 S60 2.5T AWD, Ice White, Shark Stage 1

For the most current photos of the day, find me on Instagram

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements