Flat Spot on Tire, 3,900 miles, what other options do I have? - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Quote Originally Posted by zamo View Post
      Service manager sent me an email. Arranging for next steps now. Thanks for the recommendation.
      You're welcome. Keep us posted and hope the issue gets resolved.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I understand your frustration in getting this issue resolved. It certainly would have been much easier in the beginning to take the car back immediately to the selling dealer to show them that something was wrong with the tire. A flat spot could have occurred recently as much as several months ago. After 3000 miles it is more difficult to tell a dealer that this is how you got the car, but did not notice the problem before. As was stated in several posts, tires are separately warranted by the manufacturer and generally you get the tire manufacturer involved. Given that this problem was not identified soon after delivery makes it more complex. The selling dealer is the best place to take something like this. I see this as a customer accommodation more than a warranty issue at this point. It is pretty clear that you are caught up emotionally in this as you stated that you will push this to exhaustion. I am not suggesting that you are not honest in your description of the problem. However, people will sometimes make up stories to cover up what may or may not have occurred. You have a new car and want it to behave like a new car. I would think that after 3000 miles that the flat spot would work its way out or at least diminish. To permanently alter the tire structure suggests that internal belts have moved or something has changed. In all my years of driving (55 years) I have never experienced a flat spot in a tire that lasted for more than a few minutes. I would call the tire manufacturer and discuss this with them to ascertain how they see this type of issue. The reluctance of the service dealer tells me that they do not feel this is a clear cut case of warranty. I do hope you are able to resolve this. I suspect that the selling dealer will eat if necessary some of the cost to insure you are satisfied. You do however need to understand how the tire manufacturer sees this and be pragmatic and objective. In my mind the service dealer has already demonstrated their support of your vehicle in dealing with the rotors.
      2017 Acura NSX Nouvelle Blue Pearl, Ceramic Brakes
      2017 XC90 T8 Inscription Onyx Black, BW, Leather Dash, Convenience, Vision, Luxury, Air Suspension, Climate, 21" Wheels
      2017 Bolt Premium Red
      2015 Kia Soul EV+
      2015 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
      2014 Toyota Rav4EV (one of 2600 compliance California only cars)
      2011 Nissan Leaf
      2005, 2006 Prius
      5 Corvettes, Porsche 911, Fairlady, 3 Z Cars, Countless VWs from Bugs to Vans, to Fastbacks, and Squareback
      Buicks, Chevys, Fords,

Some learnings here, thanks for the ones that have contributed.

Working directly with the selling dealer should be the step to approach for issues like flat spot on tires.

I was able to drop the car 2 days ago. They just called me today, and said even though they found not 1 but 2 tires with flat spots, they are not just changing those 2 tires, but instead installing a new set. They will keep the car for another day for an extended drive, to ensure that there are no vibrations.

Definitely very happy on how they are handling the situation. I should also point out that this was a top down help: I contacted the general manager and he looped in the service manager. I went from there.

Will provide feedback once I get the car back.
      Last edited by zamo; 02-21-2020 at 05:35 PM.
      '19 Volvo XC90 R-Design, Bursting Blue, AWD, Polestar
      '19 Nissan 370Z, Deep Blue Pearl, Heritage Edition, 6-speed

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by zamo View Post
      Some learnings here, thanks for the ones that have contributed.

Working directly with the selling dealer should be the step to approach for issues like flat spot on tires.

I was able to drop the car 2 days ago. They just called me today, and said even though they found not 1 but 2 tires with flat spots, they are not just changing those 2 tires, but instead installing a new set. They will keep the car for another day for an extended drive, to ensure that there are no vibrations.

Definitely very happy on how they are handling the situation. I should also point out that this was a top down help: I contacted the general manager and he looped in the service manager. I went from there.

Will provide feedback once I get the car back.
      Glad it worked our!

Car is back. 4 new tires. Drives like new, no bouncing, no vibration. Dealer in Delray Beach, FL took care of everything for me. Loaner included.
      '19 Volvo XC90 R-Design, Bursting Blue, AWD, Polestar
      '19 Nissan 370Z, Deep Blue Pearl, Heritage Edition, 6-speed

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2