SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Lost power during tuning, Immobilizer triggered

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  JaredR 
#1 · (Edited)
So I began the upload this morning of the Shark Stage II Tune but the battery kicked off 30% through and now the car seems to have locked me out. It won't start and shows "Immobilizer See Manual" plus it will not read tuner and shows no codes on my obd scan tool. Any ideas?

SOLVED - See final post!

#3 ·
Ecu is locked dealer may be the only way.

#4 ·
Once my old 04 triggered that warning and wouldn't start. I locked/unlocked three times (I'm pretty sure that was the sequence) outside the car on the fob and that reset it.

#5 ·
This has happened to me before, couple things.

Hilton will perform an ecu recovery for ~200.00. This is not a guarantee. But I have seen it work, even with grey ecm in VIDA (see below)

TRY to log in with VIDA, if you can, then see what color the ecm module is under diagnostics. If it's any color other than grey then you have better odds of fixing it.

Disconnect battery for ten minutes, reconnect and see if it will flash.

Turn key off, pull and reinsert ecu, this will sometimes fix it. With battery CONNECTED.

I have virgin immobilizer chips, if you can find a friend with an immobilizer writer/reader, you can read your immobilizer, and write to a new chip. The new chip will need to be installed on a spare ecu. If you've gotten to this step then your ecu is probably fried.

#7 ·
Were you on a charger while uploading the tune? Hilton makes a specific point in his documentation that you need to have the car on a charger while uploading the tune.

#10 ·
Correct!

Problem fixed this morning, Shark sent me a DL for a recovery mode. Uploaded it this morning and the car works perfectly now, they are resending me the tune and this time it will be on a charger.

#9 ·
last time I got "Immobilizer See Manual" on my XC90 it was the battery. no clicks or cranks, battery was drained. replaced with a new battery and it fired right up. no problems since.

#12 ·
Yes, super responsive and really on point. Uploaded the tune and even running 89 @ 16psi the R is definitely quicker. Just had a little of taste of 93 but can't wait to really feel it later today.

#14 ·
#13 ·
Great news. I can’t wait to hear more. It must be a blast to drive.
On another note:
OMG. 89? That’s a bad word in my family. Do yourself a favor. Run it on 91 at least. I’ve put 93 in all my cars since 1989. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.