Album Art on Sensus via Bluetooth
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Album Art on Sensus via Bluetooth

Does album art show for songs played via bluetooth ?
      I've noticed some album art can be seen, but not all the time (while playing via Spotify on bluetooth connection).
      CarPlay is fine.
      Current: 2020 Volvo XC60 R-Design, 2018 Volvo XC40 R-Design
      Previous: 2009 Volvo C70, 2006 Volvo XC60, 2003 Saab 9-5, 1999 Mitsubishi FTO, 1998 Land Rover Freelander, 1995 Suzuki Swift Sedan

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm not spending any more time with Bluetooth Streaming on my XC60 to know for sure, but in former vehicles, the actual type of album art (jpg, png, bmp, etc with each of their variations) and if it was actually encoded inside the track as ID3 "Front Cover Art" would influence if it displayed or not. From what I've seen before, the receiving-end, i.e. Sensus in the case of Bluetooth Streaming, does the decoding of the art if it can. Since you appear to be encountering an intermittent problem displaying art, my first guess is you are occasionally streaming a track with something Sensus does not know how to interpret.

Different media apps and players have different support and tolerances for variation within the ID3 metadata spec, and may act differently with what is or is not available. My iTunes master library has generally handled most things I've thrown at it over the years (I fixed source tracks when it couldn't), but after Tesla finally began supporting Album Art in their Media Player a few years back, I found it had a far more limited number of things it would tolerate --simply ignoring anything it was not expecting. It took me man weeks with a Mac app that manipulated metadata and trial-and-error going back-and-forth to my car, to sort of reverse-engineer and figure out at least part of what Tesla's code could (and could not) consistently handle.

I ultimately automated a multi-day process on my 8-core Mac to extract tracks from my iTunes library I wanted on a USB device in my car, and converted that into supported encoding formats of not only the music itself, but individual metadata tags including album art, to accommodate Tesla's shortcomings. E.g. From an ID3 spec perspective, album art graphic encoding can be almost anything within the container, but the art only displays if the player understands and supports the format and variation within the track; ID3 also allows something like 20 different types of Album Art, and each one is allowed to have multiples, but some players only show the first "Front Cover" if it's specifically identified that way within the track, while others display the first generic Album Art graphic it finds and can interpret, regardless if it is identified as a specific type of album art or not.

Metadata and what ID3 tries to do is messy given its history, trying to sort of heard cats around the globe and pull together the many unique company and music player standards that existed before it. With varying levels of success, todays media players try to use those standards, but also keep working with older tracks that may have been encoded/tagged years before some of the newer standards existed. Album Art, e.g. was not something available in the earliest days of digital music (so really old tracks may not even have art), and it took time to evolve into something of a standard we have today. It will never be perfect, and always have some number of flaws. IMO, Album Art itself has some of the greatest challenges because of all the graphic variations that are possible.

Again, assuming the problem you have is intermittent without a pattern, is why I bet what you're encountering is an occasional track from Spotify or other source with art Sensus is incapable of displaying. It's annoying, but as picky as I am, I realistically don't expect any player to handle 100% of the hundreds or thousands of variations that exist in the world when it comes to graphics and could reside within today's broad ID3 spec. My cars need to handle only a majority of the most common formats, and I either put up with the few times they don't display art or other metadata the way I expect (especially if I don't control the source media, like with WWW streaming), or I go to the horrible time and effort like I did with my former Tesla to first figure out what does work, then covert my own music into something the player I choose to use can handle.

Good luck.
      Last edited by BertL; 01-23-2020 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Spelling, format and hopefully more clarity
      Bert

Present: ‘20 XC60 T8 Inscription
      Past: ‘15 Tesla S90D; ‘14 SLK250; '13 RX450h; ‘09 335i; ‘06 RX400h; ‘02 SC430; ‘99 RX300; ‘95 SC300; ‘91 Legend...

As always long and helpful answer Bert, thanks for that.
      I'm just wondering if more people face the same issue.
      Previous: 2009 Volvo C70, 2006 Volvo XC60, 2003 Saab 9-5, 1999 Mitsubishi FTO, 1998 Land Rover Freelander, 1995 Suzuki Swift Sedan

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

It would be nice if it could get album art from Sirius like cars 5 years older...
      2020 xc60 "Polestar Engineered", crystal white.
      2019 xc40 T5-R Bursting Blue Premium & Advanced Packs.

Quote Originally Posted by xgman View Post
      It would be nice if it could get album art from Sirius like cars 5 years older...
      Assuming you subscribe, have you complained directly to SiriusXM?

My past experience has been they appear to subsidize all or part of both the receiver hardware that is exclusive to their service in models that have it (not all do), as well as subsidize development of the app or part of the Infotainment code needed to support their receiver (because of course, SiriusXM hopes you will subscribe for a long time, and those profits go directly to SiriusXM as a long-term annuity.) In any case, from my POV, SiriusXM has more skin in the game to have customers that love their service, than an individual auto mfgr, so customer pressure there can only help cause positive change in the future.
      Bert

Past: ‘15 Tesla S90D; ‘14 SLK250; '13 RX450h; ‘09 335i; ‘06 RX400h; ‘02 SC430; ‘99 RX300; ‘95 SC300; ‘91 Legend...

Album Art when playing tracks...

Quote Originally Posted by stocis View Post
      I've noticed some album art can be seen, but not all the time (while playing via Spotify on bluetooth connection).
      CarPlay is fine.
      Hi stocis...
      I'm not sure if it works for you, but I don't use "streaming music" due to poor quality. I use a 500GB SSD via USB and have detailed on here how to set it up, so that all tracks, albums etc. display properly.
      I have to note, that I DO NOT use Gracenote as the database they use is so far out of date you'll never get all your art showing. The SSD I use is almost completely full.

Do a search on here for "usb music" or similar, or search for my posts, my detailed instructions are pretty long but it works, well for me anyway.

If you don't have any success, PM me and I'll try and find it and send to you.
      Cheers from "down under" Australia... s5156
      2018 XC60 D4 Inscription, Pine Grey, Premium Pack (B&W, Black Napa, Air Susp), Full Window Tint

CarPlay is fine.
      Further to my previous message, search for USB Music - my solution works!
      2018 XC60 D4 Inscription, Pine Grey, Premium Pack (B&W, Black Napa, Air Susp), Full Window Tint

I concur. I have two 256gb sticks plugged into a 4 port hub. I separate out the music form the audiobooks. Have no problem playing them from there. I also plug my phone in to the second usb port to use android auto.
      Current - 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription - Bright Silver - Amber Interior
      Previous - 2013 XC60 T6 R-Design - Passion Red - Black/Beige Sport Interior

I know/I’m aware that usb works fine. I’ve been thinking that Gracenote is the culprit of the problem. I’ll try removing the app and see how that goes.
      On that note is there a way of removing Gracenote?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know/I’m aware that usb works fine. I’ve been thinking that Gracenote is the culprit of the problem. I’ll try removing the app and see how that goes.

Hi, as I understand it, you can (as I did) turn it of from the "media menu" in Sensus.

I'm not sure if you have it on your streaming device ( I presume it's a phone) and also need to urn it off as well.

Gracenote is a great idea (if it worked) but it's just too far "out of date" as far as I'm concerned (there has also been a lot of discussion on here about Gracenote as well, with not a lot of happy people).

Right, as @s5156 says, the possible contributor to your problem is Gracenote. IMO, the in-car Gracenote database is horribly dated, and the setting within Sensus is not clear that what it also may do when enabled is BOTH use it’s online database, but also override metadata of what you playback. In the depths of my all-too-long initial XC60 T8 review a couple weeks ago, I cite my experience with that setting completely overriding and making a mess of genre etc in my otherwise consistent USB music tracks. I permanently turned it off as I don’t want some crowd-sourced database overriding my more carefully curated metadata, including album art. Turn that Gracenote setting OFF, then see if it is also possibly effecting your streaming — IDK if it is beyond USB that I KNOW it does.
      Bert

I can't talk to Spotify, but one thing I've noticed when playing music via Bluetooth on the iPhone Music app is I only get artwork for tracks from ALBUMS. If I play singles (which I mostly do), no artwork comes up on the dash. I suspect wherever it is pulling from only has full album artwork not single releases.

A bit off topic,but does anyone know why do FM and Sirius XM don't show album art?
      2019 XC90 R Design Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Fan View Post
      A bit off topic,but does anyone know why do FM and Sirius XM don't show album art?
      Two different things, but I'll try to summarize for the USA (there are different standards like DAB beyond North America.)

• The original analog FM standard was created before there was a thought of digital data, and does not transmit info like station and track art, etc. with audio -- just like AM does not. (If you see track art or something else like that on one of these analog stations, the Infotainment system is doing some guesstimates or lookups with an on-board database and/or via an internet connection to try and fill in the gaps.)
      • The newer digital HD Radio standard (I'm going to over-simplify vs rewrite a Wikipedia article with even more gory detail, but for this purpose think of what you see as FM HD channels in your Volvo) not only much of the time has better sound quality than old analog, but allows substations on the same primary frequency. It also created "Artist Experience", ie the ability for a station to transmit album art, logos, track & artist names, etc along with audio. What may get displayed is at a station's discretion, and a station has to have additional equipment to do that fancy stuff, not just what is required to get audio out into the world. Not all of the supplemental data is sent continuously with the audio, hence why it sometimes appears to get out-of-sync, then catch-up, or be ahead of itself. HD Radio can also send emergency alert data, again, only if the station has the equipment. Net is, there can be lots of variation based on what a specific station chooses to provide or not -- IMO if the car like a current Volvo supports HD Radio and you sometimes see artwork or other supplemental data, then when you don't, I'd suspect it's likely the source station's fault.
      • SiriusXM primarily uses it's own proprietary receiver in the car using a combination of its own satellites and ground antenna in some spotty coverage areas. What the signal provides is up to SiriusXM, as is what the actual implementation is with the receiver and the software in your car or elsewhere. E.g. not every car from every mfgr comes with a built-in SiriusXM receiver to begin with, and the software to then work with that receiver has to be tailored to work with each standalone receiver or vehicle's Infotainment system. As such, there are numerous variations how the interface and presentation may appear in different brands, models and even MY. I have been told multiple times that SiriusXM helps subsidize some or all of those costs back to the auto mfgr related to their proprietary receiver and perhaps even the software connecting to it, so "who paid, how much" may become another variable why some makes and models have more full-function SiriusXM than others that only play back station content.

For simplicity, I left out internet-based radio, apps like Pandora, Tunein, etc that only transmit via internet, and the ability to receive SiriusXM via the WWW. They are completely different implementations with a big dependency on your web browser or smart device app, than what I think you were inquiring about. Hope that helps.
      Bert

Quote Originally Posted by BertL View Post
      Right, as @s5156 says, the possible contributor to your problem is Gracenote. IMO, the in-car Gracenote database is horribly dated, and the setting within Sensus is not clear that what it also may do when enabled is BOTH use it’s online database, but also override metadata of what you playback. In the depths of my all-too-long initial XC60 T8 review a couple weeks ago, I cite my experience with that setting completely overriding and making a mess of genre etc in my otherwise consistent USB music tracks. I permanently turned it off as I don’t want some crowd-sourced database overriding my more carefully curated metadata, including album art. Turn that Gracenote setting OFF, then see if it is also possibly effecting your streaming — IDK if it is beyond USB that I KNOW it does.
      Disabled Gracenote. Everything works perfectly. Case closed.

Hurray !!!
      Bert

VOC / Connectivity Expert
      Quote Originally Posted by xgman View Post
      Then use Sirius. They send the album art. Gracenote is used by Volvo so updating the files on your car should yield better results.
      Any comments made are of my own opinion and not that of my employer!

Disabled Gracenote. Everything works perfectly. Case closed.
      back at it again.. looks like Gracenote did not do anything. Spotify on iPhone shows all the album art correctly however this aint the case with Sensus screens

Let’s try to get really specific. There are so many combinations.

To be sure, I think you’re only talking about streaming Spotify that you manually initiate on your iPhone Spotify app, and then you have your iPhone stream it’s audio back out to Sensus via Bluetooth? Right? If so, when you play the exact same song in Spotify and look at the native app on your iPhone, art is there, but then if you play exactly that same track again on your iPhone and stream it via Bluetooth to Sensus, it’s gone? Right? If yes, then there is some Sensus and/or iPhone/iOS Bluetooth bug or incompatibility going on — I remember that sort of issue years ago in my Lexus days where art wouldn’t stream because the Bluetooth profile on the sending or receiving end was not recent enough to support art and that sort of data to flow across, so only the least common denominator —audio— came though. It was messy as auto mfgrs got their devices more current and owners had all sort of different iPhone/Android models where the later standard to make it all work was not always in place. I just doubt that is the problem with Sensus (but I also have not seen Bluetooth specs to research it), and assume you have a more recent iPhone with iOS level — right?

I would then suggest you try the native Sensus Spotify app, and see if you have the same problem when you play exactly the same track in Sensus. I wouldn’t think you should. If that fails, then there is something going on with Spotify or it’s app in Sensus.

Grasping a bit here, trying to help... Sorry for getting overly specific, but there must be something in the detail causing the problem that I’m missing...
      Bert

Let’s try to get really specific. There are so many combinations.

To be sure, I think you’re only talking about streaming Spotify that you manually initiate on your iPhone Spotify app, and then you have your iPhone stream it’s audio back out to Sensus via Bluetooth? Right? If so, when you play the exact same song in Spotify and look at the native app on your iPhone, art is there, but then if you play exactly that same track again on your iPhone and stream it via Bluetooth to Sensus, it’s gone? Right? If yes, then there is some Sensus and/or iPhone/iOS Bluetooth bug or incompatibility going on — I remember that sort of issue years ago in my Lexus days where art wouldn’t stream because the Bluetooth profile on the sending or receiving end was not recent enough to support art and that sort of data to flow across, so only the least common denominator —audio— came though. It was messy as auto mfgrs got their devices more current and owners had all sort of different iPhone/Android models where the later standard to make it all work was not always in place. I just doubt that is the problem with Sensus (but I also have not seen Bluetooth specs to research it), and assume you have a more recent iPhone with iOS level — right?

I would then suggest you try the native Sensus Spotify app, and see if you have the same problem when you play exactly the same track in Sensus. I wouldn’t think you should. If that fails, then there is something going on with Spotify or it’s app in Sensus.

Grasping a bit here, trying to help... Sorry for getting overly specific, but there must be something in the detail causing the problem that I’m missing...
      I appreciate your effort, no need to say sorry. Ask me anything.
      To put it in detail. Yes, I manually initiate the playback on iPhone Spotify app, by pressing play and the iPhone automatically streams it’s audio out to Sensus via Bluetooth.
      Spotify always has an album art, whereas Sensus not always.. like 25% of the time. I've seen songs that did show album art (from 1970's blues to 2020 songs), so I'm 100% Gracenote is not to blame (although its off), but I don't see how this is a bug from iPhone/Bluetooth. It should either work, or not. Right?
      I mostly play my offline songs on the road and Sensus Spotify app does not save any, so that would take a serious hit on my data plan and also I don't have the car connecting to my phone via hotspot.

Right, if you always see the art on your phone, and only seeing that same art part of the time on Sensus, it’s doubtful there is the old problem with legacy Bluetooth profiles.

Are you using a current iPhone and current iOS?

Agree if you are using primarily offline songs, Sensus Spotify would use more of your data plan — I was hoping you were streaming all your Spotify music in the first place, and I could just suggest you create a WiFi hotspot on your phone, connect Sensus to that, your data plan usage would be the same, and we’d eliminate what ever is going on with this Bluetooth issue. It isn’t that simple, though.

I’m really out of things to suggest unless the problem is somehow related as I suggested way up front in an earlier dissertation about album art graphic formats that Spotify sends for some tracks, not being a type Sensus can interpret. Using the app on your phone just lets iOS or the app deal with interpreting that format for display directly on your iPhone, whereas it’s generally the receiving end (Sensus in this case) that has responsibility to decipher streamed (Bluetooth) data, extract metadata and turn it back into art on it’s own display (that’s historically done so the more compressed data is sent to the end where it can deal with transforming it to fit the place that is available in the UI, if there even is one — I don’t know it for fact that happens in this case, but it does in other environments I am aware of, and even one I helped code way too long ago in the dark ages for something completely different.) This graphic format thing is a problem I know presently exists with e.g. Tesla Media Player and it’s USB support, that does not handle more obscure graphic formats some people don’t even know they have in very old digitized tracks — I mean, really, who looks at that sort of stuff besides weirdos like me trying to debug something?

Hopefully someone else that uses offline Spotify tracks, playing through an iPhone via Bluetooth to Sensus can respond if they have ever seen missing album art on only Sensus. It wouldn’t be conclusive, but at least if there are two folks seeing a similar problem, you’d know it wasn’t unique to you (I doubt you want to be that “special” in this circumstance, do you? AHAHAH), and it might be easier trying to at least bring it up to Volvo as a bug — these sort are the kind though, that a poor dealership will stare at you with a puzzled look — no way they can really help or even a reasonable owner could expect those field service personnel have software and programming skills, except maybe able to pass the problem up-the-line, and then it’s likely going to be ignored unless other people report the same thing.

Good luck, sorry I couldn’t help isolate the issue further — not being a Spotify user myself, it’s not something I can try to recreate or go any further on from my end.
      Last edited by BertL; 01-25-2020 at 06:11 PM.
      Bert

Right, if you always see the art on your phone, and only seeing that same art part of the time on Sensus, it’s doubtful there is the old problem with legacy Bluetooth profiles.

Are you using a current iPhone and current iOS?

Agree if you are using primarily offline songs, Sensus Spotify would use more of your data plan — I was hoping you were streaming all your Spotify music in the first place, and I could just suggest you create a WiFi hotspot on your phone, connect Sensus to that, your data plan usage would be the same, and we’d eliminate what ever is going on with this Bluetooth issue. It isn’t that simple, though.

I’m really out of things to suggest unless the problem is somehow related as I suggested way up front in an earlier dissertation about album art graphic formats that Spotify sends for some tracks, not being a type Sensus can interpret. Using the app on your phone just lets iOS or the app deal with interpreting that format for display directly on your iPhone, whereas it’s generally the receiving end (Sensus in this case) that has responsibility to decipher streamed (Bluetooth) data, extract metadata and turn it back into art on it’s own display (that’s historically done so the more compressed data is sent to the end where it can deal with transforming it to fit the place that is available in the UI, if there even is one — I don’t know it for fact that happens in this case, but it does in other environments I am aware of, and even one I helped code way too long ago in the dark ages for something completely different.) This graphic format thing is a problem I know presently exists with e.g. Tesla Media Player and it’s USB support, that does not handle more obscure graphic formats some people don’t even know they have in very old digitized tracks — I mean, really, who looks at that sort of stuff besides weirdos like me trying to debug something?

Hopefully someone else that uses offline Spotify tracks, playing through an iPhone via Bluetooth to Sensus can respond if they have ever seen missing album art on only Sensus. It wouldn’t be conclusive, but at least if there are two folks seeing a similar problem, you’d know it wasn’t unique to you (I doubt you want to be that “special” in this circumstance, do you? AHAHAH), and it might be easier trying to at least bring it up to Volvo as a bug — these sort are the kind though, that a poor dealership will stare at you with a puzzled look — no way they can really help except maybe pass the problem up-the-line, and they it’s likely going to be ignored unless other people report the same thing.

Good luck, sorry I couldn’t help isolate the issue further — not being a Spotify user myself, it’s not something I can try to recreate or go any further on from my end.
      the issue happens with online streaming as well. I will try and use the sensus spotify tomorrow and check, but doubt that would be of any issue, since it would work more or less the same as carplay spotify.
      also, album art doesn't show all of the time when streaming as well. So this is not an 'offline songs album art' specific.
      I have an iPhone XS and I'm on 13.3.

Thanks again.

Given you are current on your iPhone and iOS, my bet goes more and more back to where I sort of started, that there is something going on with graphic formats inside the tracks you are occasionally playing from whatever media source, that Sensus does not know how to interpret and handle. (Remember, there are dozens and dozens of graphic formats with variations, so IMO not every application will or can reasonably be expected to support all of them. The challenge from my consumer/owner POV is, does the application I use support most of what I care about — whatever that may be? )

If that’s the case, you could report the problem, but since Volvo like perhaps every other mfgr don’t specify that sort of detail for the Album Art tag and exactly what graphic formats they do and don’t support for it in the first place, I suspect Volvo or any mfgr will just politely ignore your input (I would too if I were them, unless I had more specifics I could try and have my people work on — and then, only if a lot of customers reported it as an issue, given likely other more pressing items to be worked.) The thing you can hope for is perhaps a future update of your XC60’s software will provide more capability — but not to burst a bubble of hope too much, I wouldn’t hold my breath for that given Volvo likely has nearly all their Infotainment resources focused on their future direction with Android Auto, vs. resolving a more obscure problem with album art sometimes not displaying in Sensus that they will not be using longer-term. I’m a guy that likes striving for perfection, but my tenure dealing with such technical support sort of things, tends to make my reality hat take precedence with my expectations — then I move on.
      Last edited by BertL; 01-25-2020 at 07:11 PM.
      Bert

Hope that helps.
      Yes, thank you BertL!
      2019 XC90 R Design Polestar

@stocis, one more thought (while I was watching cable TV, and multi-tasking on your problem in the back of my head for some odd reason)...

Apple iTunes (and it’s successors) do something from a historical perspective that use both album art which may be contained within the track metadata itself, as well as use a “side-car” place outside the actual file where the iTunes/Music apps logically connect individual track art. In the case of Apple iTunes, they do that because in the early days before there even were a lot of standards and the ID3 Album Art tag, IIRC iTunes/iPods created their own unique method for presenting some sort of Album Art during playback in iTunes and later iPods, iPhones, etc. Eventually the ID3 Album Art standard came into being, Apple adopted it, but still had to deal with music tracks it needed to play that may not have the graphical album art inside the track with audio. It has a few technical problems from-time-to-time that is beyond this thread... but my point is, when I use iTunes or an Apple app to play music it controls, I with almost no exceptions see album art, no matter if the track is old, new, or something I ripped myself — and even for tracks I inspect with a metadata tool and determine there is no album art inside the file itself. OTOH, if I use a 3rd party utility to extract that same track from my master library on my Mac, and then play it in say my car on a USB stick, I don’t always see album art. The reason, as I’ve tracked it down every time in the past, is because the album art is not actually located as an ID3 tag inside the same file that has the audio track itself — it only resides in that unique “side car” file that only iTunes and related Apple apps know how to access. Do you follow?

So, my latest theory on your problem, beyond what I suggested about Sensus not knowing how to handle some types of graphics file formats, is WHAT IF, Spotify is doing something similar to legacy iTunes, and somehow under the covers, for tracks it plays that may not have album art tagged within that source file itself, they display it only inside their app from somewhere else? Then, just like I encounter with old iTunes, if you play a Spotify track in it’s own app, and it finds the physical track does not have it’s own internal album art, it finds art from somewhere else Spotify controls? That works great for their contained environment and when you look at Spotify on the iPhone app itself so everything looks perfect, but when that same digital audio file is being intercepted and transmitted via iOS and Bluetooth, there is no “ID3 Album Art” for the other end —Sensus in this case— to even receive and interpret. IOW, the actual album art may not always be sent over the Bluetooth connection if it’s not physically in the datastream Spotify is playing, so Volvo and Sensus would not be at fault, because they never receive the album art in the first place.

Make sense? Weird and overly technical, but that’s how I sometimes roll as a self-declared X-geekie-kinda-guy. . I now move this theory to the top of my list what may be causing your problem. I have absolutely zero knowledge or experience with Spotify, but they have been around long enough to try and probably do something similar to what Apple started many years before Spotify even began as a company, dealing with digitized music tracks in their library that do not have ID3 Album Art tags in the first place.

Other owners using Spotify exactly as you are may help confirm the theory. Time will tell, but I’ll move my bet here and leave it at that for now. If true, given how you want to use Spotify, you’re just going to have some tracks that will never show album art, it’s not a Volvo or Sensus problem, and you’ll have to move on to other more important problems in your life. AHHAHAHAH.
      Last edited by BertL; 01-25-2020 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Format & Spelling
      Bert

I disagree. Album art is a major issue!
      Joking aside, I think that Spotify does not hold a sidecar. If that were the case, again, none of the songs would show any sort of album art.

It’s a bit difficult to understand why the “ID3” tag of Spotify would work in some songs and not all or none. There are some songs that have gif instead of album art, but that’s turned off. And no those are not the same songs.

In any case. This is an issue that happens only via Bluetooth. The whole point of this post was to ask of more people have experienced this issue and whether they were able to find a solution.

I will check the hotspot feature today and report back. Doubt it though

It is very important that it shows a picture of a group or singer, that the driver can watch while driving

Quote Originally Posted by louisparis View Post
      It is very important that it shows a picture of a group or singer, that the driver can watch while driving
      No one taught you sarcasm in school Louis?

@stocis, Have you by chance also looked through Spotify forums regarding a problem like you're having? The problem may not be unique to Volvo and Sensus.

Again, I don't use Spotify, but from a few minutes looking through one of their forums just now, it appears missing album art with bluetooth streams has been a past problem in various combinations -- perhaps not totally resolved; offline/downloaded tracks have in some cases reportedly not shown album art compared to tracks streamed realtime and sent via bluetooth back to other non-Volvo Infotainment systems; and users within the past year for whatever reason are still submitting suggestions that Spotify needs to provide album art. IDK what some of that is about, and what may be User vs Spotify vs smartphone vs an auto-manufacturer problem, but it may make more sense to you as a Spotify user -- at least worth a look or posting your problem over there if you don't get a response from another XC60 Spotify user here.

In case it's helpful, here's the last general search I was just looking through: https://community.spotify.com/t5/for...ch_type=thread

Continued good luck!
      Bert

@stocis, Have you by chance also looked through Spotify forums regarding a problem like you're having? The problem may not be unique to Volvo and Sensus.

Again, I don't use Spotify, but from a few minutes looking through one of their forums just now, it appears missing album art with bluetooth streams has been a past problem in various combinations -- perhaps not totally resolved; offline/downloaded tracks have in some cases reportedly not shown album art compared to tracks streamed realtime and sent via bluetooth back to other non-Volvo Infotainment systems; and users within the past year for whatever reason are still submitting suggestions that Spotify needs to provide album art. IDK what some of that is about, and what may be User vs Spotify vs smartphone vs an auto-manufacturer problem, but it may make more sense to you as a Spotify user -- at least worth a look or posting your problem over there if you don't get a response from another XC60 Spotify user here.

In case it's helpful, here's the last general search I was just looking through: https://community.spotify.com/t5/for...ch_type=thread

Continued good luck!
      The problem is Gracenote. Even if you disable it from Settings / Media it's still on.
      There's no way or I'm missing how to completely remove it from Sensus.
      The reason why I'm saying this is because I've noticed that in some songs that the Album Art does show, its different than the one in Spotify.

I've also tried connecting on the native spotify app of Sensus. It works fine without any issues.

@stocis, I've been keeping an eye out each time I get a Total System Upgrade to see if the "Media / Gracenote / Gracenote Multiple Results" setting becomes active and not greyed-out as it has been since I took delivery. From the owners manual, it seems that is the setting we need to actually turn Gracenote off all-together to avoid problems it's giving some of us in different ways.

Anyway, sadly, the latest Total System Upgrade I received just yesterday -- March 20, 2020 -- changed nothing with Gracenote. The option remains greyed-out, and the challenges remain because it defaults to ON. Sighhh.
      Bert

@stocis, I've been keeping an eye out each time I get a Total System Upgrade to see if the "Media / Gracenote / Gracenote Multiple Results" setting becomes active and not greyed-out as it has been since I took delivery. From the owners manual, it seems that is the setting we need to actually turn Gracenote off all-together to avoid problems it's giving some of us in different ways.

Anyway, sadly, the latest Total System Upgrade I received just yesterday -- March 20, 2020 -- changed nothing with Gracenote. The option remains greyed-out, and the challenges remain because it defaults to ON. Sighhh.
      Yep. And disabling it in settings does nothing whatsoever.

35. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements