Height of Volvo Load Bars?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Height of Volvo Load Bars?

New 2020 T8. Could someone measure the height of the volvo load bars above the inscriptions rails. So rail to top of bar height. I have about 15.5" of clearance with the garage and car. Trying to find a low profile box and low height bars so I can pull into the garage with the box on and load/unload skis. Got a ton of clearance once I'm in the garage. I saw one thread said maybe 5" but I don't think that was measured, just eye balled. Thanks!

Coop

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by coopville View Post
      New 2020 T8. Could someone measure the height of the volvo load bars above the inscriptions rails. So rail to top of bar height. I have about 15.5" of clearance with the garage and car. Trying to find a low profile box and low height bars so I can pull into the garage with the box on and load/unload skis. Got a ton of clearance once I'm in the garage. I saw one thread said maybe 5" but I don't think that was measured, just eye balled. Thanks!

Coop
      I have 2020 XC90 T8 and highest point is 3.5" above the top of the rail.

And by the way, I have brand new 2017 XC90 T8 Inscription load bars for sale, should they happen to fit. PM me if interested.
      Last edited by sdedson; 01-26-2020 at 12:56 AM.

Thanks sdedson! I'll let you know if I am interested in the bars. I'm still looking over options thule vs. volvo crossbars. Also looking into thule alpine ski box, inno wedge 660 and the ski guard 860 touring. Too much to choose from.

Coop

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

The Volvo bars are re-branded Thule bars.

Not to off track the op but I’m about to fit my Volvo roof bars. Does anyone put PPF on the rails to protect them? I see the bar feet are Rubber, so I’m guessing it might not be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by chipmunkchan View Post
      The Volvo bars are re-branded Thule bars.
      Thanks. Yes, that's what my research shows too. However, I am also learning that the volvo bar's sit about an inch higher than the thule bar setup. This might come into play for those with tight clearance issues.

Coop
      Last edited by coopville; 01-29-2020 at 12:05 AM. Reason: punctuation

There are 2 sets of load bars. One for Momentums (raised rails) and one for Inscriptions/RDesigns (flush rails). The Momentum style ones are not raised at all because the rails already are; the Inscription-style ones have a built in riser/foot that connects to the rail. They are both made by Thule and identical to the Thule versions. The Volvo parts are, surprisingly, usually cheaper than the Thule branded ones, as well as the fact that you can often find coupons/rebates for Volvo accessories (search the forums). I've got a Momentum and went with those bars, which are probably less than an inch above the rails. The raised bars, though designed for the Inscription are often put on the Momentums as well - this makes them especially high, but the raised bars are significantly easier to put on and take off than the non-raised ones.

Hope that helps/assists.

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements