SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Ordered a V60 PE...now we wait

21K views 193 replies 40 participants last post by  Skyl@ne 
#1 · (Edited)
Finally bit the bullet and put down the deposit for a V60 Polestar Engineered in Osmium Grey. I kept going back and forth on ordering it now, or waiting to see if the regular V60 T8 or V90 T8 would be coming to the US. Truth be told, I'd prefer the regular versions because I don't really need the Ohlins suspension or the B&W sound system or the big Brembos (though I do like the gold seat belts), and I'd actually prefer the bigger V90 to the smaller V60 and Bursting Blue to Osmium Grey. Nonetheless, I'm super excited. Got a good deal on it to boot (5% off MSRP + $2000 dealer allowance + $1000 affiliate incentive for being a PenFed member). Now's the hard part; waiting 4-5 moths for it to arrive...

Edited: One interesting thing to note; when ordering a car through Volvo, you get to either choose the incentives available at time of order, or the incentives available at time of delivery. In my case, the incentives at time of delivery was actually an additional $6000 more than the incentives at time of order (thanks COVID, I guess). That "good deal" of 5% off MSRP + $3000 in discounts ballooned to an "insane deal" of 5% off MSRP + $9000 in discounts.

#3 ·
Congrats. I almost pulled the trigger on one, still debating. :)

The center console's lack of storage space was my issue with the interior. Volvo should have been able to design a solution instead of making it just deep enough to store your phone.

#4 ·
Congrats. I almost pulled the trigger on one, still debating. :)

The center console's lack of storage space was my issue with the interior. Volvo should have been able to design a solution instead of making it just deep enough to store your phone.
Yeah, that is annoying, though since I'm coming from a 500 Abarth with no center console and very little storage space, I probably won't be annoyed as much ;).

#6 ·
Congrats! I have the same car on order aswell. I feel you on the color, I'd rather have blue - settled on Osmium Grey. I think you will be happy with the 60, it is more fun to drive than the larger 90!

#10 ·
I placed the order on the 19th of December. And they estimated march/april. The dealer called me up this week and confirmed last week of march.

#12 ·
Looks like the attachment doesn't work :(

#18 ·
Thanks! Got more pics. Issue now is since i'm in Canada (45 min north of the NY border) I really need winters and Volvo isn't offering any winter tire/rim packages for the vehicle. Its too new. Trying to negotiate with them to get me another set of polestar rims. Worried that I'll order aftermarket alloys and they won't clear the calipers.

#20 · (Edited)
My plan is to put on a set of 15mm wheel spacers to push the wheels out far enough to clear the calipers:
https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/store/product/hr-drm-wheel-spacers-15mm-5x108-12x15-bore-633/
https://www.rallysportdirect.com/part/wheel-spacers/s90-4-15-005-eibach-pro-spacer-kit-15mm-5x108

Another option would be to install a set of 5x108 -> 5x114.3 adapters that are also 15mm thick. Benefit would be that there are way more 5x114.3 wheels to choose from.
https://www.rallysportdirect.com/pa...sion-5x108-to-5x114-15mm-wheel-adapters-black

Fun fact: the Focus ST and RS also have 5x108 bolt patterns, so there's quite a market for spacers/adapters available.

#19 ·
Yes, my dealer specified the regular winter wheel set for my car. When signing the contract I asked to see what design, they discovered it wont fit - so the dealer will give me another polestar wheel set. They take the extra cost over the regular alloy set (~3k with Nokian r3). Need winter tyres for half the year here in Norway, just like Canada.

#21 ·
Yeah...given that it's been over a month and my dealer still doesn't have a confirmation for the order, I suspect that at best I'll be forced to wait until the fall for a 2021 model, and at worse Volvo will decide not to offer a 2021 model in the US and I'll wind up getting something else.

#25 ·
Million dollar question: when did you place the order?

#28 ·
Four dealers, all in the Washington - Baltimore area, each have one. Cars.com shows these as the only four for sale in the US. Two are black and two are crystal white.

#29 ·
Shhh- I got my eye on one of them! Trying to figure out how to do a pull ahead on my XC90 out of state. Dealers don't seem interested in doing a locate on these models. Ideally I'd like to work with Volvo NA to get them to intervene and let the dealers split the sale.

#30 ·
Has anyone had experience having a car shipped cross-country from a dealership? If it's not prohibitively expensive maybe I'll just do that for one of the white ones rather than wait for an allocation to pop up.

#33 ·
Just doing this, enclosed trailer was ~$1,900 VA to CA, open trailer was quite a bit cheaper. PM for details.

Scheduled for delivery tomorrow :)

#38 ·
Just heard back from the dealership; estimated delivery date is mid-June to early-July. Hopefully there's no delays...

#40 ·
They might have changed this month's incentives; when I ordered it there wasn't that exclusion.

#42 ·
In Canada, since I switched from the XC90 to V60 T8 polestar, I got a 2% rate reduction on financing so its down to 0.9% and I received $2K off sticker price. It wasn't a spectacular deal, but I had to order the car so I thought it was fair all around. They are happy and I was happy. I also did alright on my trade in, so the benefit on my taxes paid on my vehicle purchase.

#43 · (Edited)
I got £9700 off list for a v60pe from my local dealer here over the other side of the pond although that includes a £2000 finance contribution by using a reverse auction site to beat dealers down on price. But they’re not keen to take a tradein on a BMW as they’re an Indy only doing volvo and Jaguar so I’ll have to do something with my current car.

Speaking to my dealer I should be getting it about 1/2 way through next month (ordered in Nov) - there was a concern that the PE had been discontinued in the UK.

Hoping Covid19 doesn’t delay anything too much although obviously it’s more important that people don’t get ill. It’s starting to get pretty nasty in the media here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.