Ordered a V60 PE...now we wait - Page 6
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
      Quote Originally Posted by DrFunkelstein View Post
      On the flip side, I asked a finance manager at another dealer, and they told me very specifically that, for example, 1st responder and loyalty don’t stack. Corroborated this on Edmunds leasing forums as well. Plus the email I got advertising those incentives said the same thing in the fine print. I don’t know how your dealerships were accomplishing it but by all “official” info it wasn’t supposed to stack. Pretty awesome that it did, though.

For incentives timing, after some more research it looks like it’s unique to Volvo and some other brands. So the above poster should be able to lock in current incentives like you did. But you definitely can’t do it with every brand.
      That’s odd, I just picked up my 2020 V60 PE on the weekend and received both Volvo Loyalty and First Responder. Since First Responder expires August 31 they initially told me that I could not receive it (delivery was delayed until August 6). However based on fiatlux’s experience I was able to push back and they backdated it (I put the deposit down in July). It seems like there is some flexibility in these rules.
      2010 XC70 T6
      2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      That’s odd, I just picked up my 2020 V60 PE on the weekend and received both Volvo Loyalty and First Responder. Since First Responder expires August 31 they initially told me that I could not receive it (delivery was delayed until August 6). However based on fiatlux’s experience I was able to push back and they backdated it (I put the deposit down in July). It seems like there is some flexibility in these rules.
      Might vary from store to store? Maybe some places are less willing to submit for incentives if they think there is a risk it'll get denied and the deal structure will change, whereas other places just submit assuming that it'll all get credited by Volvo Financial even if they've said "officially" that it won't. I dunno, just guessing. My store was particularly bad all around so it makes sense if that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by fiatlux View Post
      My dealer allowed me to choose either the incentives at order time, or the incentives at delivery, whichever ended up being better. As for stacking incentives, there's nothing in the fine print that says these couldn't be combined, and I had multiple dealerships willing to add all the incentives on top of one another, so I don't think it was just a single dealership going rogue.
      On the flip side, I asked a finance manager at another dealer, and they told me very specifically that, for example, 1st responder and loyalty don’t stack. Corroborated this on Edmunds leasing forums as well. Plus the email I got advertising those incentives said the same thing in the fine print. I don’t know how your dealerships were accomplishing it but by all “official” info it wasn’t supposed to stack. Pretty awesome that it did, though.

For incentives timing, after some more research it looks like it’s unique to Volvo and some other brands. So the above poster should be able to lock in current incentives like you did. But you definitely can’t do it with every brand.
      That’s odd, because the first responder bonus is an enhanced loyalty incentive (i.e. you can only qualify for it if you own a Volvo). It’s an extra $2K, which once you add it to the regular $2K loyalty incentive comes out to a total of $4K.

“First Responders that currently own or lease a Volvo or Saab vehicle are eligible for an enhanced Loyalty bonus of $3,000 (Lease) or $4,000 (Purchase)”
      Volvo: 2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered
      Other: 2014 Fiat 500 Abarth, 2016 Acura TLX
      Past: 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI, 2010 Honda Civic, 2008 BMW Z4, 1988 Mazda RX-7, 1998 BMW M Roadster, 2004 Toyota Sequoia, 1998 Mercedes-Benz S320, 1995 Toyota Corolla

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Might vary from store to store? Maybe some places are less willing to submit for incentives if they think there is a risk it'll get denied and the deal structure will change, whereas other places just submit assuming that it'll all get credited by Volvo Financial even if they've said "officially" that it won't. I dunno, just guessing. My store was particularly bad all around so it makes sense if that's true.
      My dealership confirmed all of my incentives with VCNA beforehand, so I’m pretty sure everything is all kosher. In my experience, VCNA tends to be very generous with honoring incentives so long as you have proof of eligibility for all of them.
      Past: 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI, 2010 Honda Civic, 2008 BMW Z4, 1988 Mazda RX-7, 1998 BMW M Roadster, 2004 Toyota Sequoia, 1998 Mercedes-Benz S320, 1995 Toyota Corolla

My dealership confirmed all of my incentives with VCNA beforehand, so I’m pretty sure everything is all kosher. In my experience, VCNA tends to be very generous with honoring incentives so long as you have proof of eligibility for all of them.
      This was the fine print that was quoted at me by my store:

Asked around and some other places verified this. Maybe it changed at some point but I tried to push back and was told the official word is I couldn't combine them. I'll have to assume if I went to a better store they would have gone to bat for me like yours did, but my store said that was the end of it and they couldn't do anything about it.

This was the fine print that was quoted at me by my store:

Asked around and some other places verified this. Maybe it changed at some point but I tried to push back and was told the official word is I couldn't combine them. I'll have to assume if I went to a better store they would have gone to bat for me like yours did, but my store said that was the end of it and they couldn't do anything about it.

Looks like this is a different one that isn't predicated on you already owning a Volvo. The one I got was this:

Note that it's the same amount as the regular loyalty bonus, so it wouldn't make sense for them not to be combinable.

Last edited by fiatlux; 09-09-2020 at 12:23 PM.

On a slightly unrelated note, does anyone have experience with this Volvo ElectricityRebate offer where they pay you back for your electricity for the first twelve months? it seems to good to be true. I signed up for it, but am wondering what kind of rebate people are getting/expecting.
      2010 XC70 T6

Looks like this is a different one that isn't predicated on you already owning a Volvo. The one I got was this:

IMG

Note that it's the same amount as the regular loyalty bonus, so it wouldn't make sense for them not to be combinable.
      Oh man. So it looks like that "enhancement" allowing you to combine took effect on 6/9, per your image. My purchase date was, of course, 6/8 so that explains it. One more day and I could have gotten the extra cash. I'm surprised, from my experience incentives almost never change in the middle of a month. You usually have maybe a few days into the new month as a grace period to still use outgoing incentives, but adding a new extra incentive 9 days in is not something I would have expected. Oof.

Oh man. So it looks like that "enhancement" allowing you to combine took effect on 6/9, per your image. My purchase date was, of course, 6/8 so that explains it. One more day and I could have gotten the extra cash. I'm surprised, from my experience incentives almost never change in the middle of a month. You usually have maybe a few days into the new month as a grace period to still use outgoing incentives, but adding a new extra incentive 9 days in is not something I would have expected. Oof.
      I'm not exactly sure why, but Volvo dealer allowance and loyalty incentives seem to always start on the 9th of the month. I've notice that for the better part of this year. For instance, for this month the dates say:

Offer only valid 9/09/2020 through 9/30/2020

I'm not exactly sure why, but Volvo dealer allowance and loyalty incentives seem to always start on the 9th of the month. I've notice that for the better part of this year. For instance, for this month the dates say:
      Aha, well this is all a learning experience for me. Never bought a new Volvo before and it seems like they just do things a little differently than some of the other carmakers.

On a slightly unrelated note, does anyone have experience with this Volvo ElectricityRebate offer where they pay you back for your electricity for the first twelve months? it seems to good to be true. I signed up for it, but am wondering what kind of rebate people are getting/expecting.
      We signed up as well (as did our sales manager where we bought our V60 as he drives an XC60 PE). The program has been weird as I got a confirmation I've enrolled but hen keep getting emails asking me to enroll. Even our sales manager can't figure it out.

The crappy Volvo app has been updating and thus far my rebate is $67. We're avg. 90.4 combined MPG (which doesn't account for the benefit of charging) and getting well over 1,000 miles on a tank of gas. Every week or so, I put the car in Polestar mode to ensure I use the ICE and exercise the car after a few miles of driving and when I presume the oil temps are up (still frustrated there's not proper gauge for that). Roughly 80% of our mileage is on electricity vs. 20% on fuel per the app over ~2,900 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Hapa View Post
      We signed up as well (as did our sales manager where we bought our V60 as he drives an XC60 PE). The program has been weird as I got a confirmation I've enrolled but hen keep getting emails asking me to enroll. Even our sales manager can't figure it out.

The crappy Volvo app has been updating and thus far my rebate is $67. We're avg. 90.4 combined MPG (which doesn't account for the benefit of charging) and getting well over 1,000 miles on a tank of gas. Every week or so, I put the car in Polestar mode to ensure I use the ICE and exercise the car after a few miles of driving and when I presume the oil temps are up (still frustrated there's not proper gauge for that). Roughly 80% of our mileage is on electricity vs. 20% on fuel per the app over ~2,900 miles.
      Those are some pretty impressive stats. It is a wonderful car (except for the crappy app!)

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
      2010 XC70 T6

Those are some pretty impressive stats. It is a wonderful car (except for the crappy app!)

2010 XC70 T6

What confused me about the car is if you drive it in Pure Mode and push too hard on the accelerator (say to merge quickly), it starts the engine and puts you in the “penalty box”, i.e. keeping the ICE running for a couple of minutes. It feels like some kind of punishment!
      2010 XC70 T6

It only keeps the gas engine running until the cats get warmed up. If they’re already warmed up and the gas engine kicks in because you requested more power than the electric motor can deliver, the gas engine will turn off as soon as you lift or ease off the accelerator. It’s analogous to ICE cars where it’ll run richer and at a higher idle to warm up the cats before easing back down.

So I had a weird experience today...

I was backing out of my driveway as usual (riding the brakes a bit to control the speed) but it felt like the brakes were already engaged. There was a ton of resistance and the electric motor felt like it was struggling to move the car, causing it to be jerky and shudder. It’s kind of the same feeling as wheel hop. I checked to make sure the parking brake wasn’t still engaged, which it wasn’t. I ended up having to use the accelerator to get things moving, to the point where the gas engine kicked in and the car reversed like normal. With the gas engine on, the car had a dip in power during shifts, kind of like when the battery is low and the electric motor no longer fills in during the power lull between shifts.

After a while the gas engine turn off and I was back in 100% electric mode, and everything seemed normal. I haven’t been able to reproduce this since. Hopefully it’s not a sign of the ERAD on it’s way out, but boy am I glad I got the extended warranty...

The stats are largely reflective of this damned pandemic as almost all our driving is local and our trips are <10 miles. Part of the rationale for ordering this car last year was that the HOV lane access would help me tremendously in my commute (50 miles round trip 3+ days a week with several 100+ mile days thrown in a month) in the God awful traffic we have here in S. CA. Ended up we took delivery right when the pandemic hit full steam (in fact our delivery was delayed due to dealer and port closures) and HOV access hasn't meant diddly to me. If/when we get back to "normal" whatever that is... my efficiency will go down but the usefulness of the plug in hybrid drivetrain will go up immensely.

By the way... if you think the Volvo app stinks (and it kind of does), you should see the Hondalink app I have for my truck. Complete garbage.
      2020 Volvo V60 PE : our commuter (well, it was supposed to be when we ordered it pre-COVID)
      2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E : camping, surfing, baseball vehicle
      2016 Porsche GT4 : my toy

It only keeps the gas engine running until the cats get warmed up. If they’re already warmed up and the gas engine kicks in because you requested more power than the electric motor can deliver, the gas engine will turn off as soon as you lift or ease off the accelerator. It’s analogous to ICE cars where it’ll run richer and at a higher idle to warm up the cats before easing back down.
      fiatlux that makes way more sense than my “penalty box” explanation. Thanks for that.

As for your other experience, I think I had something similar happen once while backing out of my garage. The brakes were really weird and grabby. I attributed it to having just cleaned the wheels and I thought perhaps I’d left the rotors wet or something. Like you, it resolved quickly once I was driving forward for a bit.
      2010 XC70 T6

The stats are largely reflective of this damned pandemic as almost all our driving is local and our trips are <10 miles. Part of the rationale for ordering this car last year was that the HOV lane access would help me tremendously in my commute (50 miles round trip 3+ days a week with several 100+ mile days thrown in a month) in the God awful traffic we have here in S. CA. Ended up we took delivery right when the pandemic hit full steam (in fact our delivery was delayed due to dealer and port closures) and HOV access hasn't meant diddly to me. If/when we get back to "normal" whatever that is... my efficiency will go down but the usefulness of the plug in hybrid drivetrain will go up immensely.

By the way... if you think the Volvo app stinks (and it kind of does), you should see the Hondalink app I have for my truck. Complete garbage.
      I bought mine for similar reasons in that we often do 500+ km trips through the mountains in winter and that seemed to be just outside the use case (cold weather and mountain passes) for the true EVs. And in high mountain passes there is nothing better for winter driving than a Swedish Turbobrick!
      2010 XC70 T6

22. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6