Audio subwoofer upgrade
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Audio subwoofer upgrade

Hello,

I have a 2011 XC90 D5. I don't know which sound system I actually have since I got this car after my family got a new one (I can only adjust balance and fader, can't see any dolby settings).
      My bother with the audio is that the bass and power don't seem sufficient. As soon as I listen to music with proper bass content, the entire sound get's more silent as a beat hits (you instead of kicks you hear more silent, mushy bass and silent treble). I want to combat this by adding an aftermarket subwoofer, but will this solve the "silence" occuring at every beat? Or is this because of the EQ? Is the alternator even powerful enough for a proper subwoofer setup?

Greetings
      Leonelf

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You'll want to use the Search function.

Lots of threads with information. Do you have third row seating? I have a five passenger and installed aftermarket sub as referenced here:. https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
      2006 XC90 2.5T AWD - Contrast Works Stage 2 tune with Eco Enhance mode, Snabb fresh air pipe and downpipe, custom triple resonated catback, HEICO (BMC) sport air filter, Bilstein B4 front struts with HEICO rear struts and lowering springs, IPD Swaybars, strut brace conversion kit, and subframe bushing inserts. Fast FC05 20x8.5 with 255/45/20 Conti DWS06. Falken HS449 235/65/17 winters. JL 500/1 with Pioneer TS-SWX2502 subwoofer under cargo tray. LED low/hi beams, Tuxmats.

I've got a 7-seater, so I'm thinking about adding the sub in the side of the cargo bay.

I've used the search function but mostly found popular, but old threads with 100ds of externally hosted (and now gone) images...

I have 7 seater. Just installed a under the seat sub. Tapped into the the back speakers at the amp. Sound great!

6. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements