Grocery Bag Hooks in 2020 S60 Inscription?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Grocery Bag Hooks in 2020 S60 Inscription?

In the manual, it indicates that there are grocery hooks that come down from the top of the trunk (not the permanent ones on the side), but my car doesn’t have them. Asked the dealer, and he claims that they’re not available in the US. Does anyone have them? I got used to them in my last car (A4), and it’s a bit annoying to not have them now.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Euro spec.

I asked the same thing here: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...Do-these-exist

As Katin says for some reason not offered in the USA, no one has tried to add them yet either so not sure if it's possible.
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription
      1998 V70R. RIP Transmission
      1973 Volvo 1800ES which will someday get a T6 engine

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I have them in my T5 Momentum

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      ”Adventure may hurt you but monotony will kill you.”

Quote Originally Posted by chillg8r View Post
      I have them in my T5 Momentum

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      not those, we all have those. He's talking about the center drop down hooks as seen in the manual

2019 S60 T6 Inscription

Seems like a super expensive piece of plastic. Too bad Americans don’t want extra plastic in their cars that could be useful.

I've tried to add those hooks to my configuration and I've been told that this option is unavailable. I'm from Poland so it is not only a matter of US market.

They are part of what is called 'convenience pack' here in the UK. The pack is really about having fold down rear seat backs but includes these hooks, a 230V 3 pin style socket in the rear tunnel in place of the USB and a small net pocket on the side of the front tunnel.
      We have the privilege of paying £400 (about $520) for this package. Although I paid for it to have the fold down seat backs I must admit the hooks are useful and much better than those in other marques which are fixed to the side of the boot (sorry trunk).
      I will have a closer look at how they are fixed and post some info for those of you who may want to retro fit.

Quote Originally Posted by UK Pete View Post
      They are part of what is called 'convenience pack' here in the UK. The pack is really about having fold down rear seat backs but includes these hooks, a 230V 3 pin style socket in the rear tunnel in place of the USB and a small net pocket on the side of the front tunnel.
      We have the privilege of paying £400 (about $520) for this package. Although I paid for it to have the fold down seat backs I must admit the hooks are useful and much better than those in other marques which are fixed to the side of the boot (sorry trunk).
      I will have a closer look at how they are fixed and post some info for those of you who may want to retro fit.
      Thanks, UK Pete. It’d be great to see how they’re installed, as I’d like to add them. Little conveniences like that make a big difference.

Main issue with retrofit is it appears the bolts would have to be dropped in from above, meaning the entire rear parcel shelf would have to be removed.
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription

From a quick view it looks as though the hook assembly is held from above as Avboden says. On mine they are not bolts but self tapping screw fixings. I doubt the US spec would be any different. There are a number of holes drilled for holding the parcel shelf in place (you can see the end of the plastic plugs) so I am gueesing that the holes used for the grocery hooks are pre-drilled on all cars. I cant see they would have 2 different layouts?

The layout is a holding frame with screw lock plates at either end into qhich the screws are fixed. A very simple straightforward plug and play asssembly. The holes are approx 9 inches from the each side and directly adjacent to the front (towards the rear of the car) edge of the metal framing of the parcel shelf area. Approx 5 inch centres. Sorry i cant be more precise; my aged body won't let me lean and twist these days.

I have a couple of pix but I can't work out how to post them on this forum from my local storage. It seems I have to use a website link??

So, I would guess that the holes are there in your car and therefore it may be possible to retro fix by simply using correct size self tappers and screwing up into those holes?
      I guess it would depend on how much Volvo would fleece you for a couple of simple assemblies as to whether it is worth a try.

hth

Anyone have an idea as to the part numbers for these? My dealer says they can't even look up the part number in their system, as it's not offered in the US. From another thread on the same topic, someone noted:

PN for the hooks is 31484114, each requiring two screws, PN 00988867

But I can't confirm with the pics available online. If someone knows for sure, I'd like to order and try it out.

Thanks

This is just a wild ass guess, but these appear to be exactly the same as the shopping bag hooks VW supplied for the 2005 - 2018 Jetta and Passat. The Jetta usually came with one installed, and you could add a second. It was about $15 if I remember correctly when I bought one a few years ago from the dealer. I've now sold that car so I cannot confirm the exact size.

As I said, this is only a guess as to the fit

Seach Google for Grocery Bag Hooks for severeal sources.

I bought some of them Audi/VW ones years ago to put in my Lexus, one of them projects I never got to. The pictures do look exactly like them...I'll see if I still held on to those, maybe they fit...

Not even sure why I bought them, the hooks seem like a good idea at first...but what happens the groceries or whatever swing wildly around like a pendulum while I drive...or the bag is tall enough to rest on the trunk floor so the bag handle comes off the hook anyways.

I can confirm that the sketch is nothing like the hooks in my UK spec S60. Extract from UK manual.
      https://imgur.com/8mvIUWR

They work well as you can hook the handles round the tab so the bag doesn't roll out.

I will see if my UK dealer has a part number for them.
      Last edited by UK Pete; 03-16-2020 at 06:12 PM.

Do they look like these? These are the VAG parts I have. Possibly this might be a pretty common part that european makers all use...or they just look the same and the bolt spacing is off. I will test fit them soon and see. These VAG ones are available cheap all over the place.

Yes. That is exactly the shape and design but as you say the dimensions wouild have to be checked. I said in my earlier post that the holes for the screws are at about 5 inch centres. The other point is that the factory fitted holding screws are fitted from the top so it wont be a simple job of just offering up and fixing in place if you hoped to use the oem fixing bolts. Most likely you would have to use a couple of self tappers and screw into the holes that should be there. That is the other point to check of course that the holes are there! About 9 inches in from each side.

Here you go girls and boys. Information from the UK parts lists. Thye prices are UK of course and include 20% tax. Enjoy hanging out from here on in

Hook 31322701 £21.60 inc vat
      Bolts 988867 X4 BOLTS £1.80 inc vat each

If I didn't have to potentially take off the entire rear parcel shelf i'd be all over trying this, however that's too much of a risk for me for new rattles! Would be cool if I could just use a rivnut instead from below....will think about.
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription

The VAG cars that use these, use plastic nut inserts or speednuts to screw in from below. I'll see perhaps if we might be able to find something that fits the hole if these do line up.

Update: Vee dub ones don't match the holes in the parcel shelf, the Volvo holes are wider spaced. So a case of standard looking design but brand specific parts.

^^^ That's a shame but the OP can at least now see if he can track down the parts using the reference numbers I posted at #18 above. All the S60 cars are built in South Carolina so it shouldn't be an issue for your local dealers to source them.
      Good luck with it.

25. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements