Put my deposit down
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Put my deposit down

I placed by deposit for a 2020 V60 CC with Advanced Package and Bowers and Wilkins at my local dealership. I want to thank everyone here for the information (I've been mostly lurking for the past year) and will post my planned itinerary for feedback going forward. This place is such an amazing resource!

I requested pickup for June 18th. Hopefully this is far enough in advance that I'll get the specific date I need (my wife works at a hospital where due to coverage issues there is little flexibility). We will be there for 2 weeks, and plan to drive north of the Arctic Circle to the Lofoten Islands through Oslo and Trondheim, to catch the midnight sun.

I've read that unlimited colors are no longer an option for OSD but I requested Maple Brown and who knows, maybe some miracle will happen. Otherwise we'll have the Birch Metallic. My wife noticed that I like colors named after trees.
      Future: 2020 V60 CC Birch Light with Advanced Package and Bowers and Wilkins (OSD summer 2020)
      Current: Subaru Outback 2015, Limited

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

2019 XC90 T8i (OSD 2018 July)
      “Scientists study the world as it is; engineers create the world that has never been.” - Theodore von Karman

Congrats! That's the perfect car for the epic road trip you are planning!
      Dec 2016 OSD: 2017 XC90 T6 Inscription | Magic Blue | Amber | Vision | Conv | B&W | 21" Wheels | HUD | Polestar
      Was Apr, now Sept 2020 OSD (pending): 2020 XC40 T5 Momentum | Ice White | Charcoal Textile | Advanced | Multimedia | Premium

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Congratulations as well! We just put our deposit down this past Saturday for the 2020 V90 CC with a pick-up date of July 13. Plan to drop the car off in Madrid 12 days later! Added pretty much all options except for the Luxury Package - which we felt we are a little too active for! Like you we like colors with tree names - as we chose the "Pine Grey" with Amber interior! Did your dealer mention that you might end up with a 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by ragu View Post
      Congratulations as well! We just put our deposit down this past Saturday for the 2020 V90 CC with a pick-up date of July 13. Plan to drop the car off in Madrid 12 days later! Added pretty much all options except for the Luxury Package - which we felt we are a little too active for! Like you we like colors with tree names - as we chose the "Pine Grey" with Amber interior! Did your dealer mention that you might end up with a 2021?
      LOL, Pine Grey was my third choice.

My dealer let me know that in my state 50k is the cutoff for a higher sales tax on cars. Had I bought the car without OSD it would have been over that line. So in addition to saving 8% off MSRP, and getting the free trip to Sweden, we save on the sales tax rate. Such a good deal. 2021 would be great, as long as all the features are retained (they dropped Bowers and Wilkins as an option Momentum trim on other models after a certain model year).
      Future: 2020 V60 CC Birch Light with Advanced Package and Bowers and Wilkins (OSD summer 2020)

Quote Originally Posted by ap17 View Post
      I placed by deposit for a 2020 V60 CC with Advanced Package and Bowers and Wilkins at my local dealership. I want to thank everyone here for the information (I've been mostly lurking for the past year) and will post my planned itinerary for feedback going forward. This place is such an amazing resource!

I requested pickup for June 18th. Hopefully this is far enough in advance that I'll get the specific date I need (my wife works at a hospital where due to coverage issues there is little flexibility). We will be there for 2 weeks, and plan to drive north of the Arctic Circle to the Lofoten Islands through Oslo and Trondheim, to catch the midnight sun.

I've read that unlimited colors are no longer an option for OSD but I requested Maple Brown and who knows, maybe some miracle will happen. Otherwise we'll have the Birch Metallic. My wife noticed that I like colors named after trees.
      Congratulations, I was just in Gothenburg receiving my delivery for the same car. Now it's a 6 week wait till delivery at my dealer

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
      2012 XC60 R-Design - Passion Red - Platinum Package - Heated Washers - Power Folding Mirrors - Off-black Interior

One other thing, if you do the polestar upgrade there, you could save a few dollars vs dealership install and the sales tax too.

2012 XC60 R-Design - Passion Red - Platinum Package - Heated Washers - Power Folding Mirrors - Off-black Interior

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo_Noob View Post
      One other thing, if you do the polestar upgrade there, you could save a few dollars vs dealership install and the sales tax too.

Thanks! How do I arrange that? With the OSD people? In my state the sales tax on cars goes into another bracket after 50k (cars over 50k have a 7.75% sales tax, vs. 6.35%) so I wouldn't want to make it part of the car price. Can it be done separately in some way?

And your car is beautiful.

When you get there for the delivery, look for the accessory guide. I also picked up the rubber mats and bumper guide. They will all be installed at the factory center before shipping. You will have to pay them there via credit card but I think the savings are worth it. The dealer had quites me about $2,000 for the polestar upgrade and it cost me about $1100 in Gothenburg.

When you get there for the delivery, look for the accessory guide. I also picked up the rubber mats and bumper guide. They will all be installed at the factory center before shipping. You will have to pay them there via credit card but I think the savings are worth it. The dealer had quites me about $2,000 for the polestar upgrade and it cost me about $1100 in Gothenburg.

Hmmm.................current dealer (OSD) price for Polestar is $1,166.00 Stateside! Pricing must have changed since you ordered! Rubber (plastic) mats are also $86.00 each front and rear. Bumper Cover is $122.00. Nevertheless your V60 CC is beautiful. That's Maple Brown, right? Also looks like the Luxury Package Amber interior?

You are correct on OSD pricing but when I tried ordering it when I placed my order they said to do it stateside or check when I arrive in Sweden. My point is if you are interested in it, you should look into doing it when you get to the delivery center. Either way, you will save the sales tax on it. The color is actually Pine Grey Metallic, at certain lighting it looks grey, green or brown.

And yes luxury Amber interior.

Last weekend we ordered the same color car but the V90 CC and the standard Amber leather interior. We pretty much loaded it up with everything we wanted including Polestar and the Air Suspension but couldn't justify the Luxury package nor the B & W Stereo. Also didn't like that the V90 CC comes with color-matched wheel trim with the Luxury package vs. the CC black. Everything we ordered was at the OSD prices and the car itself was 10% below MSRP. We really liked the Pine Grey and it looks great in your pics. The dealer did warn us though that the car could morph into a 2021 by the time we pick the car up July 13th - but at no additional cost!

That sounds terrific. I wish I could have put in a T-6 instead of the T-5 but I guess haven't polestar tuned is the best I can do. The OSD agency told me the polestar on the AWD give it a 65/35 split on power instead of the 95/5 usually on a regular plain AWD. I haven't looked into that claim but more power the better

Congrats!

We purchased Polestar a couple months after our XC40 arrived in the US. We asked Volvo for an accessories coupon so that was 30% off up to a $200 max and I talked with my dealerships parts department and received a 15% new custoner discount.
      My bride’s - 2019 XC40 (July 2019 OSD), Momentum Mine - 2013 VW GTI Drivers Edition and 1996 VW GTI VR6 (bought new and still love it) Ours - 2008 Jeep GC Limited with a Hemi.

And yes luxury Amber interior.

Love, love, love the Amber interior......
      2012 S60 T5 (OSD 4/2012) Ember Black/Offblack l Premium,Multimedia,Climate,Dynamic l BLIS/PCC/ABL/F&R Park Assist/Sport Pedals/Chrome Endpipes

2016 XC90 T6 (OSD 5/2016) Crystal White Pearl/Amber/Black l Momentum Plus,Vision,Convenience l 20" Alloy wheels/Wood steering wheel/Child booster seat/Black headliner/PA II

19. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements