Volvo Sport Pedal Set
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Results 1 to 25 of 25
    1. #1
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      108

      Volvo Sport Pedal Set

      Has anyone has ordered the Volvo accessory Sport Pedal set? Any feedback (and part number) would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #2
      Junior Member salv1983's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Location
      Montreal
      Posts
      276
      i bought a set on eBay, not made by volvo but fits and looks great!

    4. #3
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      108
      Quote Originally Posted by salv1983 View Post
      i bought a set on eBay, not made by volvo but fits and looks great!
      Cool, how was the install? did you have to drill any holes? or were the new ones slip on? Thanks!

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements
       

    6. #4
      Junior Member salv1983's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Location
      Montreal
      Posts
      276
      Quote Originally Posted by AJS1KR View Post
      Cool, how was the install? did you have to drill any holes? or were the new ones slip on? Thanks!
      Super easy, no drilling, the brake pedal has an OEM rubber part that comes off, you just slip them over. For the dead pedal you need to clean it and just apply double sided tape

      Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

    7. #5
      Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2011
      Location
      RI
      Posts
      1,219
      31470776
      2018 XC60 T5 Momentum AWD/Osmium Grey Metallic/Charcoal Leather/B&W Audio/ACC-PA2 (OSD)
      2011.5 XC60 3.2 AWD/Saville Grey Metallic/Anthracite Black Leather/Premium/Climate/BLIS/Rear Cam/

    8. #6
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      108
      Thank you gents! Much appreciated. I have the OEM pedal kit on order.

      salv1983, would you please share the ebay link for the deal pedal?

    9. #7
      Junior Member salv1983's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Location
      Montreal
      Posts
      276
      Quote Originally Posted by AJS1KR View Post
      Thank you gents! Much appreciated. I have the OEM pedal kit on order.

      salv1983, would you please share the ebay link for the deal pedal?
      Sure thing!

      https://www.ebay.com/itm/133045693303

      Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

    10. #8
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2019
      Location
      USA, DE
      Posts
      122
      I got a set through eBay as well and love it. The foot rest is humongous! I wiped clean the surface with rubbing alcohol. Solid.
      2020 V60 CC, Birch Light, Advanced PKG, 19" wheels
      Past cars: Original Toyota 86, Subaru Legacy Wagon, Audi A4, V70, XC70, BMW M3, AMG SLK, Mini Cooper S

    11. #9
      Junior Member salv1983's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Location
      Montreal
      Posts
      276
      Quote Originally Posted by jaep View Post
      I got a set through eBay as well and love it. The foot rest is humongous! I wiped clean the surface with rubbing alcohol. Solid.
      Yup same here

      Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

    12. #10
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      34
      Quote Originally Posted by Putertech View Post
      31470776
      Don't think this part would fit the SPA's, definitely not the gas.

    13. #11
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      108
      Quote Originally Posted by sclui56 View Post
      Don't think this part would fit the SPA's, definitely not the gas.
      You're right. According to the dealer, I had to order the R Design pedals for my 2019.

    14. #12
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      34
      Quote Originally Posted by AJS1KR View Post
      You're right. According to the dealer, I had to order the R Design pedals for my 2019.
      Would you happen to have that part # then?

    15. #13
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      108
      Quote Originally Posted by sclui56 View Post
      Would you happen to have that part # then?
      R Design pedal part numbers:
      Accelerator pedal: 32212452
      https://www.volvopartswebstore.com/p.../32212452.html

      Brake pedal bad: 31423810
      https://www.volvopartswebstore.com/p.../31423810.html

    16. #14
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      108
      I ordered this aftermarket kit for $29 shipped (Amazon Prime): (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

      The Volvo parts were $175 shipped. I'll do a comparison once they both arrive.

    17. #15
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      34
      Quote Originally Posted by AJS1KR View Post
      R Design pedal part numbers:
      Accelerator pedal: 32212452
      https://www.volvopartswebstore.com/p.../32212452.html

      Brake pedal bad: 31423810
      https://www.volvopartswebstore.com/p.../31423810.html
      Thanks for the P/N's. Will be interested to hear your thoughts. I have the ones similar to the Amazon's, brake is fine, but the sides for gas are a hair short to "grab" the OEM piece, definitely not as secured as the brake.
      Last edited by sclui56; 01-29-2020 at 11:28 PM.

    18. #16
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      108
      Quote Originally Posted by sclui56 View Post
      I have the ones similar to the Amazon's, brake is fine, but the sides are a hair short to "grab" the OEM piece, definitely not as secured as the brake.
      Do you mean the throttle pedal cover (that slips over the stock piece) isn't as secure as the brake pedal?

    19. #17
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      34
      Quote Originally Posted by AJS1KR View Post
      Do you mean the throttle pedal cover (that slips over the stock piece) isn't as secure as the brake pedal?
      Yes, there are grooves on both sides intended to "grab" the back edge of the OEM sides, on my sample, the sides of the aftermarket piece don't quite reach to the back edge of the OEM sides, if that makes sense.


    20. #18
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      108
      Quote Originally Posted by sclui56 View Post
      Yes, there are grooves on both sides intended to "grab" the back edge of the OEM sides, on my sample, the sides of the aftermarket piece don't quite reach to the back edge of the OEM sides, if that makes sense.
      Thanks for posting the picture. The ones I got off Amazon arrived today, and they look exactly like the picture you posted. And what you said about the throttle pedal side "flaps" being a bit short is right on.

      The left flap fits, but the right flap is about 7mm too short. I'm thinking of heating up the right flap to see if it can be extended/pulled +5~6mm so it can grab the right side for a secure fit. The other option would be strip of thing double sided tape, but I'll try heating it up first. For $29 shipped, it's a bargain.

    21. #19
      Member Avboden's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      2,177
      So...do these feel any different to drive with ? Or is it purely aesthetic
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription
      1998 V70R. RIP Transmission
      1973 Volvo 1800ES which will someday get a T6 engine

    22. #20
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      108
      Quote Originally Posted by Avboden View Post
      So...do these feel any different to drive with ? Or is it purely aesthetic
      I'll take it for a spin after install to see if feels any different, but my personal opinion is they're purely for aesthetics.

      I recently did the BMW oem pedal kit for my manual trans M4, and the overall feel isn't very different to be honest. The clutch pedal feels slightly improved compared to the stock pad, but the brake and throttle pedal feel about the same. The things we do for vanity.

    23. #21
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      34
      Quote Originally Posted by AJS1KR View Post
      Thanks for posting the picture. The ones I got off Amazon arrived today, and they look exactly like the picture you posted. And what you said about the throttle pedal side "flaps" being a bit short is right on.

      The left flap fits, but the right flap is about 7mm too short. I'm thinking of heating up the right flap to see if it can be extended/pulled +5~6mm so it can grab the right side for a secure fit. The other option would be strip of thing double sided tape, but I'll try heating it up first. For $29 shipped, it's a bargain.
      Yep, 3M came to the rescue Can't really be annoyed for the low cost, besides not having to unbolt the assembly.

    24. #22
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      108
      Quote Originally Posted by sclui56 View Post
      Yep, 3M came to the rescue Can't really be annoyed for the low cost, besides not having to unbolt the assembly.
      Same here, I just applied doubled sided tape, and fit is perfect :-)

    25. #23
      Junior Member schmitty8225's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2019
      Location
      Orlando, Fl
      Posts
      93
      Quote Originally Posted by Avboden View Post
      So...do these feel any different to drive with ? Or is it purely aesthetic
      100% cosmetic if someone feels any difference between the two while wearing shoes, they are bull****ting.

      Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
      2020 V60 T5 Inscription Fusion Red Luxury and Advanced Package

    26. #24
      Member chillg8r's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2005
      Location
      Durham, NC
      Posts
      1,273
      Quote Originally Posted by AJS1KR View Post
      Thanks for posting the picture. The ones I got off Amazon arrived today, and they look exactly like the picture you posted. And what you said about the throttle pedal side "flaps" being a bit short is right on.

      The left flap fits, but the right flap is about 7mm too short. I'm thinking of heating up the right flap to see if it can be extended/pulled +5~6mm so it can grab the right side for a secure fit. The other option would be strip of thing double sided tape, but I'll try heating it up first. For $29 shipped, it's a bargain.
      I’ve had them since 2017, same issue wrt not fitting perfectly, no ramifications. It doesn’t move and feels like an oem pedal.


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      ”Adventure may hurt you but monotony will kill you.”

    27. #25
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      108
      Quote Originally Posted by chillg8r View Post
      I’ve had them since 2017, same issue wrt not fitting perfectly, no ramifications. It doesn’t move and feels like an oem pedal.
      That's great to hear of no issues after 3 years of use.

    28. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Similar Threads

    1. Sport Pedal Set - P3 31317622
      By robspec in forum FWD & AWD Parts For Sale
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 03-26-2020, 11:08 AM
    2. Replies: 1
      Last Post: 12-04-2008, 04:34 AM
    3. Replies: 3
      Last Post: 06-21-2008, 04:22 PM
    4. Brake Pedal too close to Gas Pedal?
      By theparkers in forum S40 & V50 (2005-2012)
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 07-04-2007, 02:27 PM
    5. OMP drilled pedal set, (3) no dead pedal
      By JRL in forum FWD & AWD Parts For Sale
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 06-28-2006, 09:46 AM