Volvo S60 disconnect air hose (from air filter) and cover not closing?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Results 1 to 5 of 5
    1. #1
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Posts
      3

      Question Volvo S60 disconnect air hose (from air filter) and cover not closing?

      Hi,

      // S60 2003 / 2.5 T

      I was cleaning out the air filter box. When I loosened the screw of the air hose (first time), I couldn't pull of the hose.

      Is there any special trick of disconnecting the hose self?

      Another thing I noticed. Apparently the last time the garage didn't close the cover correctly? See picture. Or is this the way it supposed to look ? Having a hard time closing it, since the fuse box is a bit in the way. Ideas?



      Much obliged!

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #2
      Senior Member ZZZZZZZ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Location
      Northern MD
      Posts
      13,372
      Check the videos on FCP Euro for some how to on MAF maybe, or ones by 'Orange' on YouTube - also on here as same user. These air boxes/pipes don't want any leakage so they are tight. The picture you shared is not normal. It's not an easy thing to do, but if you play with it, that tab will go in, and then it will be seated correctly.
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

    4. #3
      Member spiked60's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Location
      Wisconsin
      Posts
      1,240
      Quote Originally Posted by onesixright View Post
      Hi,

      // S60 2003 / 2.5 T

      I was cleaning out the air filter box. When I loosened the screw of the air hose (first time), I couldn't pull of the hose.

      Is there any special trick of disconnecting the hose self?

      Another thing I noticed. Apparently the last time the garage didn't close the cover correctly? See picture. Or is this the way it supposed to look ? Having a hard time closing it, since the fuse box is a bit in the way. Ideas?



      Much obliged!


      Hard to say which intake pipe you're working on but I assume air box to MAF sensor. Since your car is 17 years old, the materials could be just harder than normal, but there is a lip on the housing & MAF so you have to loosen the clamp more than a little bit in order to allow it to clear the lip.


      As for the airbox, it takes a minute but you basically want to get those rear tabs seated first then pivot it down to seat it. Put the lid on at a 45 degree angle and then use your fingers (or a long large screwdriver) to hold the tabs on the lower half of the airbox in place while you push the lid into them. The 2 outside one's are easy enough, the middle one is where I have to use a screwdriver to help it stay in place.
      Once the 3 tabs are seated, just pivot the lid down into place, latch the front locks & reconnect the hose and anything else you disconnected.
      The classic cruiser, 1972 164E, Alpine Blue Metallic.
      Sold the daily, 2009 S60 2.5T AWD, Ice White, Shark Stage 1

      For the most current photos of the day, find me on Instagram

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements
       

    6. #4
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Posts
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by spiked60 View Post
      Hard to say which intake pipe you're working on but I assume air box to MAF sensor. Since your car is 17 years old, the materials could be just harder than normal, but there is a lip on the housing & MAF so you have to loosen the clamp more than a little bit in order to allow it to clear the lip.
      Sorry, my bad. Yes indeed on the side of the MAF. I Was twisting it, but couldn't get it off. Good to know it has a lip. Any change it warms up after driving, would it come of easier?

      Quote Originally Posted by spiked60 View Post
      As for the airbox, it takes a minute but you basically want to get those rear tabs seated first then pivot it down to seat it. Put the lid on at a 45 degree angle and then use your fingers (or a long large screwdriver) to hold the tabs on the lower half of the airbox in place while you push the lid into them. The 2 outside one's are easy enough, the middle one is where I have to use a screwdriver to help it stay in place.
      Once the 3 tabs are seated, just pivot the lid down into place, latch the front locks & reconnect the hose and anything else you disconnected.
      Thanks! I will give that a try.

    7. #5
      Member spiked60's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Location
      Wisconsin
      Posts
      1,240
      Quote Originally Posted by onesixright View Post
      Sorry, my bad. Yes indeed on the side of the MAF. I Was twisting it, but couldn't get it off. Good to know it has a lip. Any change it warms up after driving, would it come of easier?



      Thanks! I will give that a try.


      Warmed up would probably make it easier. My trick was to basically loosen the clamp enough to move it away from the area, then I know it's not stopping me. If it's moving then it's not stuck, just have to work it off the lip. You could always try a quick shot of any sort of electronics cleaner or maf cleaner, something safe if it were to get inside, to see if you can give it a little extra lubricant but warmed up and loose it should come off without too much fight
      The classic cruiser, 1972 164E, Alpine Blue Metallic.
      Sold the daily, 2009 S60 2.5T AWD, Ice White, Shark Stage 1

      For the most current photos of the day, find me on Instagram

    8. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Similar Threads

    1. 2012 s60 t5 driver door not closing
      By Oddeffect in forum S60 & V60, V60CC (SPA: 2019- )
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 08-04-2019, 07:42 PM
    2. To Air Filter or not to air filter........................?
      By After_Shock in forum Polestar Model Forum (2015+ )
      Replies: 40
      Last Post: 04-06-2017, 12:13 AM
    3. Vacuum pump replacement - disconnect hose?
      By mmarreco in forum V70 & XC70 (2008 - 2016)
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 03-30-2014, 02:23 PM
    4. Replies: 12
      Last Post: 06-12-2013, 08:28 AM
    5. Replies: 10
      Last Post: 09-02-2008, 09:41 PM