Front Mount Intercooler T5 & T6
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Front Mount Intercooler T5 & T6

Previously we've talked about the lack of current aftermarket support for the S60. I've had the Polestar tune done, and have been thinking about a full exhaust system, and a front mount intercooler. I've been speaking with Bell intercoolers in Texas, and they're able to do one-off applications, and small production batches. Would anyone else on here be interested in an upgraded intercooler (bolt-in replacement for the factory intercooler)? The intercooler would be able to support up to 375hp, so it's more than enough for most street T5 and T6 setups.

https://bellintercoolers.com/

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Banner Advertiser George @ ViVA's Avatar
      For what it’s worth, we do carry a performance intercooler upgrade from Heico:

https://www.vivaperformance.com/heic...0cc-xc60-xc90/

Quote Originally Posted by George @ ViVA View Post

That is one beautiful intercooler... pricy, but you get what you pay for.

Definitely on my shopping list.
      Last edited by Kamil; 01-30-2020 at 06:51 PM.
      2020 V60 CC

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      That is one beautiful intercooler... pricy, but you get what you pay for.

Definitely on my shopping list.
      I’m with you Kamil, that one from Heico is a nice piece of craftsmanship. I like it.

George, any feedback from Heico on them providing Dyno results on this SPA one like Do88 did on the P3 intercooler?

https://www.vivaperformance.com/perf...-s80-v70-xc70/
      2020 S60 PE, Matte Grey
      2019 XC90 T6 Inscription, Denim Blue/Blonde
      former: 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription Crystal White/Charcoal
      former: 2006 XC90 V8 Titanium Gray/Graphite

Quote Originally Posted by George @ ViVA View Post

That's a very nice piece indeed. Does Heico have any performance gain information on just their intercooler and exhaust (without the Heico ECU upgrade)?

Would the car's ECU automatically adjust for the increase in air flow?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthXC90 View Post
      Would the car's ECU automatically adjust for the increase in air flow?

The Intercoolers allows for more dense (colder air) to the engine. The “flow” will not increase (unless stock Intercooler is very restrictive and if it is you drop PSI) , to increase “flow = volume” you need to address the turbo, system restrictions, and mainly engine timing to take the benefits of more air.

Again you still get the same flow / volume of air. However, the engine is able to make more power with it the denser / cooler air is able to be mixed with more fuel creating more power. Added benefit is no more turbo heat soak when the performance of stock cooler diminishes with continuous runs.

Stock ECM will adjust as much as it can using the stock injection system and programming for denser air (dump more fuel).

So the long way about it to answer your question stock ECM will Adopt adopt to the changes with added gains when tuned.
      Last edited by Kamil; 01-31-2020 at 10:21 AM.
      2020 V60 CC

The Intercoolers allows for more dense (colder air) to the engine. The “flow” will not increase (unless stock Intercooler is very restrictive and if it is you drop PSI) , to increase “flow = volume” you need to address the turbo, system restrictions, and mainly engine timing to take the benefits of more air.

Again you still get the same flow / volume of air. However, the engine is able to make more power with it the denser / cooler air is able to be mixed with more fuel creating more power. Added benefit is no more turbo heat soak when the performance of stock cooler diminishes with continuous runs.

Stock ECM will adjust as much as it can using the stock injection system and programming for denser air (dump more fuel).

So the long way about it to answer your question stock ECM will Adopt adopt to the changes with added gains when tuned.
      That was some good learning right there.

That was some good learning right there.
      Thank you! I could get in to more details but I mostly post on the phone and English is second language so it takes me more time sometimes then I have time for.

I also have a tendency sometimes to go in to more set then needed and be hang up on technical name and technical operation vs what people would call it when taking cars.

I’m glad you found this useful
      2020 V60 CC

Thank you! I could get in to more details but I mostly post on the phone and English is second language so it takes me more time sometimes then I have time for.

I also have a tendency sometimes to go in to more set then needed and be hang up on technical name and technical operation vs what people would call it when taking cars.

I’m glad you found this useful
      I appreciate it. I like to consider myself somewhat of a car enthusiast... on a budget I've had my share of vehicles over the past 15 years - Audi A4, Honda Accord, Subaru Legacy, Ford Edge, Audi Q5, Audi SQ5, XC90, and now V60 Polestar. But by no means do I know enough about the engineering within the cars to make myself any sort of authority.

I appreciate it. I like to consider myself somewhat of a car enthusiast... on a budget I've had my share of vehicles over the past 15 years - Audi A4, Honda Accord, Subaru Legacy, Ford Edge, Audi Q5, Audi SQ5, XC90, and now V60 Polestar. But by no means do I know enough about the engineering within the cars to make myself any sort of authority.
      That’s a great car collection, and you definitely don’t need to be an engineer or mechanically incline to be a car enthusiast. Sometimes it’s even harder if you are (especially on car forums) 😂🤣🤙...
      2020 V60 CC

Anyone of you have seen Wagner Tuning intercoolers? Too bad they are not interested in making parts for Volvo. Heico part doesn't look all that great, end tanks have have sharp enges which destroy air flow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BusteRT6 View Post
      Anyone of you have seen Wagner Tuning intercoolers? Too bad they are not interested in making parts for Volvo. Heico part doesn't look all that great, end tanks have have sharp enges which destroy air flow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
      I checked with APR a few weeks ago, and they're not interested in making Volvo parts either.

The Heico intercooler would be nice for $500, but at $1,300, it's pretty steep. But in alll fairness to Heico, tuners in Germany have to certify their parts, and the cert process adds to the cost/price.

Bolt-in aftermarket intercooler kits for the Audi A4 or BMW 3-series turbo are priced around $500. Cobb's intercooler upgrade for the 3-Series is $499. It's too bad we don't have an option like this: https://www.cobbtuning.com/products/...rcooler-silver
      Last edited by AJS1KR; 02-06-2020 at 10:29 PM.

Viva page doesn't list V60CC...

Does it fit V60CC?

17. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements