Ignition switch rehab
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Ignition switch rehab

My 1964 Amazon Wagon arrived with the ignition switch stuck in the on position. I bought a new lock cylinder with new keys, popped the old lock cylinder off and discovered the old lock cylinder was functioning perfectly, that ignition electrical switch is the part that is stuck. Is there a way to rehab and get that switch turning freely again? From what I have read itís sealed and not easy to lubricate. Is this correct? Would it be easier to find a working coil and switch and put in my new lock cylinder? This is step one for me to get the Amazon road worthy again. If anyone has a working switch and coil with the armored cable they donít mind selling let me know. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

DW9;

Cross-post!...I guess you didn't see, or maybe didn't like, the links, explanations and answers to these questions others and I already gave on the VOC forum yesterday: https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...61#post2595261

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Kwas View Post
      DW9;

Cross-post!...I guess you didn't see, or maybe didn't like, the links, explanations and answers to these questions others and I already gave on the VOC forum yesterday: https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...61#post2595261

Cheers
      Ron, thanks for the post and reply...I hadnít seen that yet...new to the Volvo world and seeing which board has the most activity.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements