SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

OSD Timelines

4K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  northcar 
#1 · (Edited)
I am in the brutal final wait for my OSD delivery, so I figured I could pass the time by logging the overall timeline for posterity. If anyone else wants to post their key dates, I can keep a running table for people to reference and we can possibly sticky it.

Order DatePacket ReceivedShippedPort ArrivalDealer DeliveryModel
4/23/196/10/19
(48 days)
12/8/19
(229 days) Gothenburg
1/24/20
(276 days)
Port Hueneme, CA
2/5/20
(288 days)
Walnut Creek, CA
2020 V60 T8 PE

Detailed Timeline:
  • Apr 17: Sent order and deposit to dealer.
  • Apr 23: [ORDER DATE] Received document from Volvo, with requested delivery Aug 15
  • Jun 10: [PACKET RECEIVED]: Received order packet in the mail, with delivery date of Sep 30
  • Aug 19: Received news that production date had been moved and car would not be built until October. We decided to keep our trip dates in September.
  • Nov 11: Received VIN (source: dealer)
  • Dec 5: Received at Gothenburg Port (source: shipper)
  • Dec 8: [SHIPPED]: loaded at Gothenburg Port (source: shipper)
  • Jan 24: [PORT ARRIVAL]: discharged at Port Hueneme, California (source: shipper)
  • Jan 28: Shipping status shows as Liner Release, Customs Release, Discharged From.*(source: shipper)
  • Feb 4: Loaded on truck (source: OSD corporate)
  • Feb 5: Received customs paperwork email
  • Feb 5: [DEALER DELIVERY] to Northern California

See less See more
#2 ·
I am in the brutal final wait for my OSD delivery, so I figured I could pass the time by logging the overall timeline for posterity. If anyone else wants to post their key dates, I can keep a running table for people to reference and we can possibly sticky it.

4/23/196/10/19
(48 days)
12/8/19
(229 days)
Gothenburg
1/24/20
(276 days)
Port Hueneme, CA
2/5/20
(288 days)
Walnut Creek, CA
2020 V60 T8 PE

Detailed Timeline:
  • Apr 23: [ORDER DATE] Received document from Volvo, with requested delivery Aug 15
  • Jun 10: [PACKET RECEIVED]: Received order packet in the mail, with delivery date of Sep 30
  • Aug 19: Received news that production date had been moved and car would not be built until October. We decided to keep our trip dates in September.
  • Jan 24: [PORT ARRIVAL]: discharged at Port Hueneme, California (source: shipper)
  • Jan 28: Shipping status shows as Liner Release, Customs Release, Discharged From.*(source: shipper)
Did Volvo loan you a car while you were there in September?

#4 ·
I have another timeline to add! Mine is unusual since we could not travel to Sweden for our OSD trip back in April, but hopefully this helps somebody looking for an estimate on when to expect their vehicle.

Vehicle: 2020 XC90 T5 Momentum
Nov 8: [ORDER DATE] Placed order with dealer and gave deposit
Dec 20: [PACKET RECEIVED] Heard that travel agency for OSD would be changing with the new year, waited until Jan to plan trip for April 21-May 2
April 10: Called Barbara and AdTrav to request direct shipment of vehicle and to delay trip until May 2021
May 6: Received VIN from Barbara, informed that vehicle would be on ship TIJUCA and unloaded in Brunswick, GA
May 12: [SHIPPED] Loaded onto ship and left Gothenburg
June 4: [PORT ARRIVAL] Unloaded from ship in Brunswick, GA
June 9: [CUSTOMS CLEARED] Notified that ship cleared customs and would be given to transport company shortly
June 11: IFF documents received, vehicle released to transport company
June 18: [DEALER DELIVERY] Vehicle delivered to dealership in Louisiana
June 19: Picked up at dealership!

#8 ·

4/23/196/10/19
(48 days)
12/8/19
(229 days) Gothenburg
1/24/20
(276 days)
Port Hueneme, CA
2/5/20
(288 days)
Walnut Creek, CA
2020 V60 T8 PE

Detailed Timeline:
  • Feb 5: Received customs paperwork email
I am in the process of getting my OSD shipped. From Volvo Corporate I got to know that the car currently is with the Factory Delivery Center.
1. How would I know who is the shipper or contact them to get further details about the shipment? (Is there any contact info that you could share)
2. Is there any tracking website that I could use based of VIN or Order Number to check this ? (Looked through SwedeSpeed but could not find something working and current)

#9 ·
The first post on top in this sub forum has very helpful info on tracking.

In short,

"
I did try the VIN tracking and that did not work. So, I called the Volvo Help desk and they were able to use my VIN to tell me what ship it was on and the schedule. Tracking by VIN never worked, but tracking my ship name, ship callsign and Voyage number worked.
"

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Same experience with my Direct Shipped 2021 Volvo XC60 T8 Recharge R-Design. Barbara at Volvo OSD Customer Care gave me the Vessel and Voyage info. I was able to track the Tulane from Gothenburg to Tacoma. My car arrived at Volvo Cars Seattle about 10 days later…with 38 miles on the odometer. I think it was driven rather than trucked from the Port of Tacoma to Seattle.

Reactions: northcar
#11 · (Edited)
Same experience with my Direct Shipped 2021 Volvo XC60 T8 Recharge R-Design. Barbara at Volvo OSD Customer Care gave me the Vessel and Voyage info. I was able to track the Tulane from Gothenburg to Tacoma. My car arrived at Volvo Cars Seattle about 10 days later…with 38 miles on the odometer. I think it was driven rather than trucked from the Port of Tacoma to Seattle.
Those 38 miles are definitely from being driven. Checking the driving miles shows exactly that.

Is this the norm to drive cars from the Port to the dealership? Does this happen to all cars?
I definitely don't want mine to be driven. My car was bought through Steingold Volvo but would be going to my local Volvo dealership at Bellevue as a courtesy pickup point.

How do I ensure mine does not be driven by rather trucked?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.