Nice touch, Steingold Volvo
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Nice touch, Steingold Volvo

The blue Volvo logo sticker on my grill emblem fell off a couple of weeks ago. Not a big deal, first world problem, others have posted about it, etc. My wife took the car in for a service appointment today (she never does this )and i forgot to ask her to put a replacement sticker on the "to do" list.
      Well, when i picked up the car tonight i was pleasantly surprised that the dealer had replaced the blue logo sticker of their own accord, listed it on the invoice, no charge. Nice touch.

There are too many whiny, minor (in my opinion) complaints about dealers, in forums, in general. You know they types...... i ran over a curb with a brand new tire and the dealer wants me to pay for a new tire

Hats off to the nice, friendly people at Steingold Volvo - Richard, Sue, Karen, Tony, Lesley, Mike, Stephen and Manny

Les S.
      2014 S60 T6 Electric Silver/ Beechwood, Tech, Climate, 18" , remote start, backup camera, Polestar, IPD rear swaybar
      2015 XC60 T6 Flamenco Red/Black, Platinum, Tech, Climate, Blis, Xenons, IPD rear swaybar

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

There is/was a recall or TSB for the grill sticker. Mine was replaced once via recall and the 2nd time when I complained that the sticker partially peeled off about 5 years later.

I believe the term is “perpetual warranty” item. Volvo doesn’t want its cars to be seen with the logo falling off.

I think it’s the car wash that blows the stickers off.
      2019 Bursting Blue XC60 R-Design T8
      | 21" Wheels | Exterior Style Kit | Advanced | 4C Air | B & W | CPO 10yr/Unlimited |
      2010 Maple Red XC60 T6 retired at 173,375 miles

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RootDKJ View Post
      I believe the term is “perpetual warranty” item. Volvo doesn’t want its cars to be seen with the logo falling off.

I think it’s the car wash that blows the stickers off.
      they'll come off on their own. I've replaced the one on the grill and the one on the steering wheel. I don't use car washes, 2012 s60.

Quote Originally Posted by moreorles View Post
      There are too many whiny, minor (in my opinion) complaints about dealers, in forums, in general. You know they types...... i ran over a curb with a brand new tire and the dealer wants me to pay for a new tire
      Yeah well, there’s a reason for that. I’m glad you had a good experience, but many don’t.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure there are still good ones out there. When I was a dealer tech, I used to despise the term “stealership” and would hate when people always bashed the dealers. Things were different then though, and I’m afraid even Volvo is allowing far too many to get away with things they shouldn’t nowadays.

Joe
      2013 XC60 R-Design Platinum - Ice White
      2006 XC90 2.5T AWD - Willow Green - Wife's, all stock

I have had good dealership experiences but still have plenty of bad dealership experiences with my Volvo and other cars, often within the same dealerships, so good on them for having a good day and treating you right. You’d be naive to let your guard down or get too comfortable with that level of care, however. All it takes is one wrong service adviser or tech and things can go very differently.
      2011 S60 T6 with Polestar tune+TDI-Tuning : KW V3 coilovers : DO88 fmic : Ferrita downpipe : Powerflex "race" torque mount insert
      12.99 at 109mph

the weird one is only half of the cars have the p89405 grille decal ext warranty. stinks they will cover say a 2010 xc60 but not a 2014 xc90 when they take the same part. would think they want their name on all their cars for the price of a sticker. and none of the steering wheel decals are covered despite all meeting the same fate

Forum Sponsor
      Quote Originally Posted by moreorles View Post
      The blue Volvo logo sticker on my grill emblem fell off a couple of weeks ago. Not a big deal, first world problem, others have posted about it, etc. My wife took the car in for a service appointment today (she never does this )and i forgot to ask her to put a replacement sticker on the "to do" list.
      Well, when i picked up the car tonight i was pleasantly surprised that the dealer had replaced the blue logo sticker of their own accord, listed it on the invoice, no charge. Nice touch.

Hats off to the nice, friendly people at Steingold Volvo - Richard, Sue, Karen, Tony, Lesley, Mike, Stephen and Manny

Les S.
      Glad to help, Les! Great to see you again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnspeed View Post
      I have had good dealership experiences but still have plenty of bad dealership experiences with my Volvo and other cars, often within the same dealerships, so good on them for having a good day and treating you right. You’d be naive to let your guard down or get too comfortable with that level of care, however. All it takes is one wrong service adviser or tech and things can go very differently.
      This. Very well stated.

This is precisely what has happened with me at Lehman Volvo of Mechanicsburg. First visit was great, and I was beyond impressed. Both visits since have been a nightmare though, and there’s no end in sight. So yes, things can definitely turn quickly.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnspeed View Post
      Nope. Couldn't disagree more. Create a relationship. Everywhere you go. That's how life works best. Do you know where your dentist's son went to college? Did you know your doctor's favorite vacation spot? Do you know that the receptionist at your mother's nursing home just turned 60? When I need some extra help they know me too. 2 of my cars are Volvos, I've done every single service at the dealer and interim oil changes too. And yes, the service adviser has a nice Harley, the receptionist and I have the same first name, one of the salesmen went on vacation where my daughter worked, and so on. And guess what? If I need help with my Volvos the dealer knows who I am too, a customer who isn't whiny. That's how relationships work. If you're just looking for the lowest price, then your "life stool" only has one leg and you're going to fall down. A good stool has 3 legs....... quality, service and price..... a great stool has good balance..... my two cents . Oh, and BTW I've had the Volvos for 6 years so this dealer's track record (with me) is solid.
      2014 S60 T6 Electric Silver/ Beechwood, Tech, Climate, 18" , remote start, backup camera, Polestar, IPD rear swaybar
      2015 XC60 T6 Flamenco Red/Black, Platinum, Tech, Climate, Blis, Xenons, IPD rear swaybar

Those relationships through pleasant and loyal patronage are extremely important. I’m always very nice and respectful and try to build friendships with the people with whom I interact. Those same people will often look out for me when I need their support, such as when I got warranty coverage on a blown motor with my Saab 92x Aero and when my transmission popped on my Volvo. Without going into detail, both of those situations likely would have gone in a different direction if I wasn’t already on great terms with the advisers. The problems come up when you can’t guarantee who you are going to see at the service desk. I’ve had completely different experiences with the people who don’t have any interest in building rapport when I’ve been taken advantage of in some aspect of a repair when less-familiar or unfriendly advisers are on shift and my usual contacts aren’t part of the service appointment.
      2011 S60 T6 with Polestar tune+TDI-Tuning : KW V3 coilovers : DO88 fmic : Ferrita downpipe : Powerflex "race" torque mount insert
      12.99 at 109mph

awesome!! good to hear you had a great experience. thats like my local dealership ( Volvo of nashville ) all the people that work there are awesome. even if I pop in to buy parts to fix my own Volvo & pick the brain of techs & my service advisor josh

now the other local dealership totally opposite. my ex took her 06 s40 in for warranty flame trap & they tried to up sale her on a few things tried to get around on fixing a couple things
      2003 mustang COBRA ( SVT 10th anniversary ) born on 6-26-03/ 4634 of 5082 of verts & 955th of 2003 SVT 10th ANNIV edition`s
      97 cobra pacific green 1 of 27 , 89 mustang LX 5.0 , 2012 Volvo S60 ( T-6 )

Quote Originally Posted by jschaefer7406 View Post
      This. Very well stated.

This is precisely what has happened with me at Lehman Volvo of Mechanicsburg. First visit was great, and I was beyond impressed. Both visits since have been a nightmare though, and there’s no end in sight. So yes, things can definitely turn quickly.

Joe
      Joe send me a PM... let me see what I can sort out for you. I came to Lehman almost two years ago precisely because the service department has a good reputation. If I can help, I'd like the opportunity. At the very least I should be able to get a perspective for you!
      Volvo Sales Guy
      VCOA Member

Quote Originally Posted by DFrantz View Post
      Joe send me a PM... let me see what I can sort out for you. I came to Lehman almost two years ago precisely because the service department has a good reputation. If I can help, I'd like the opportunity. At the very least I should be able to get a perspective for you!
      I don’t think there’s much you can do, they’re aware of my dissatisfaction and don’t seem the least bit concerned. Replied to your PM, thanks.

Joe

17. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements