wireless charging
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

wireless charging

New owner of 2020 xc90. I'm still baffled about the fact that there is no wireless charging. Has any one used the center console storage (there are two USB ports there) for wireless charging tray?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by neilraju View Post
      New owner of 2020 xc90. I'm still baffled about the fact that there is no wireless charging. Has any one used the center console storage (there are two USB ports there) for wireless charging tray?
      There are a few threads on this showing an after market insert. I bought mine from Ali Express and I am pleased with it.

Quote Originally Posted by D3ggy View Post
      There are a few threads on this showing an after market insert. I bought mine from Ali Express and I am pleased with it.
      Can you please share a link to the item you bought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sevusal View Post
      Can you please share a link to the item you bought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Look what I found on AliExpress
      http://s.aliexpress.com/r2uiEJFV

Quote Originally Posted by D3ggy View Post
      Look what I found on AliExpress
      http://s.aliexpress.com/r2uiEJFV
      Woah! Pretty cool. I wish our cars had wireless Apple Carplay to couple with that wireless charging pad.
      2018 XC90 T6 Inscription - Osmium Gray/Amber

2020 Volvo XC90T8 Plug-In-Hybrid Inscription - Silver Exterior/Maroon-Brown Interior, Bowers & Wilkens Audio, Advanced Package, Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Air Suspension, 21 Inch Rims
      2017 MDX Sport Hybrid Advance

A couple of comments.

If you are a Apple customer, there is an adapter people are using for wireless Car Play. They sell it Amazon and elsewhere. Sadly, nothing for wireless AA yet unless you want to kluge something together.

For wireless charging, what I did is used the ProClip base for the Xc90, and I glued a wireless charger to it.

Attachment 58825

Try this for wireless charging:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07WM...b_b_asin_title

The CarPlay2Air or Carlinkit wireless CarPlay adapters can be a bit tricky to get connected initially but they do work as advertised and are a reasonable alternative if you want wireless CarPlay.
      2018 XC90 T6 R-Design| Bursting Blue | Convenience, HUD, Bowers & Wilkins, 4C Air, 22" 6-spoke wheels, Polestar

Junior Member VolvoXC90Inscription's Avatar
      Do they interfere with the remote key? I have a regular wireless charger. If I position it in the mid console area, I cannot turn the engine off unless I move the charger apart. I know it's very strange but did anybody notice any abnormal behavior of the car with the wireless charger? Thanks
      2016 XC90 T6 Inscription - Onyx Black - Vision & Convenience Packages - HUD - 4C Air Suspension - Center Booster Cushion - PA2 Upgrade - Intellisafe Support Upgrade
      2001 S40 1.9T - Gold - Cold Weather Package - Leather Seats - Power Driver Seat - Sunroof/Audio Package - Fog Lights

Quote Originally Posted by VolvoXC90Inscription View Post
      Do they interfere with the remote key? I have a regular wireless charger. If I position it in the mid console area, I cannot turn the engine off unless I move the charger apart. I know it's very strange but did anybody notice any abnormal behavior of the car with the wireless charger? Thanks
      No issues for me in the very short time I've been using the wireless charger. Others have had this version for longer and have not reported any issues that I am aware of.
      2018 XC90 T6 R-Design| Bursting Blue | Convenience, HUD, Bowers & Wilkins, 4C Air, 22" 6-spoke wheels, Polestar

I bought something similar from Alibaba for about $70, which works very well. I’ve had it for several months and never had any issues with charging or interference with the remotes.
      2019 XC90 AWD Momentum T5 / Multimedia Package / Advanced Package / Heated F/R Seats + SW / Polestar Engine Mod (295 lb/ft Torque on T5) / Side Window Curtains / Booster Seat 2nd Row

Quote Originally Posted by thaibruin View Post
      Woah! Pretty cool. I wish our cars had wireless Apple Carplay to couple with that wireless charging pad.
      That's coming in the next gen SPA cars. For now, Volvo prefers a hardwire connection and putting your phone away in the center console for safety. The last thing you want happening in an autobrake scenario is your phone flying around the cabin.

15. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements