Vida for 2016+ p3 cars - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      For a few month ago i asked Mr Zjev if it would work on my car. And he said yes! It is an Volvo XC70 2016 Classic. Manifactured in july 2015 and Volvo vida goes only to volvo's how is made before mars 2015. It did't worked before but now it does 👍😁Big Thank you! Mr Zjev
      Last edited by Ohlsson; 06-02-2020 at 07:18 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Just published version 2.0. This update makes editing VIDA's database so much easier and will add support for all 2016 and 2017 cars.

Cheers everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by zjev View Post
      Just published version 2.0. This update makes editing VIDA's database so much easier and will add support for all 2016 and 2017 cars.

Cheers everyone!
      Hey,

Thanks for doing this. I have this VIDA VM from a couple years ago.
      Just adding that my VM at the time was running on a 32bit of Windows which can only install older version of SSMS (SSMS 16 and below)

I got the edit done on my VM and VIDA still works. So next step will be to test it once I get a hold of DICE.
      Last edited by Venth; 06-27-2020 at 11:31 AM.
      2017 V60 P*

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Venth View Post
      Hey,

Thanks for doing this. I have this VIDA VM from a couple years ago.
      Just adding that my VM at the time was running on a 32bit of Windows which can only install older version of SSMS (SSMS 16 and below)

I got the edit done on my VM and VIDA still works. So next step will be to test it once I get a hold of DICE.
      I might have 64bit windows in my VM... Thank you for the link, I will add it to the initial post.
      Let us know if everything goes well!

Great! I modified my Virtualbox machine linked here, and now my VIDA2014d accepts 2015 and 2016 vins! Virtual machine runs Win7, so I downloaded earlier SSMS version 16.5.3, and it worked.

I tested several 2015 and 2016 cars from various ads, all got accepted! Only 2017 and 2018 vin were not recognized, except one /maybe produced at the end of 2016/. I tested P3 platform cars.

Quote Originally Posted by zjev View Post
      I might have 64bit windows in my VM... Thank you for the link, I will add it to the initial post.
      Let us know if everything goes well!
      Just tried with my own VIN. Unfortunately no go which isn't too surprising as I've never seen any twincharged 2L data in this version of VIDA.

Thank you for pushing the boundaries for aftermarket VIDA. I'll keep using the legit version of VIDA for now.
      2017 V60 P*

Quote Originally Posted by Venth View Post
      Just tried with my own VIN. Unfortunately no go which isn't too surprising as I've never seen any twincharged 2L data in this version of VIDA.

Thank you for pushing the boundaries for aftermarket VIDA. I'll keep using the legit version of VIDA for now.
      Would you send me your VIN through a PM? I have 2016 S60 and I helped a guy with 2017 S60 as well.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Can't get SSMS 16 to install, or even do anything !!, on my VM with Win 7 Pro 32bit - any suggestions - I get the win security "make changes" message, and then it just seems to go off into nowhere. Help ?
      V60 2015.5 TwinEngine PHEV (UK trim SE LUX NAV)

Quote Originally Posted by JeffCooper63 View Post
      Can't get SSMS 16 to install, or even do anything !!, on my VM with Win 7 Pro 32bit - any suggestions - I get the win security "make changes" message, and then it just seems to go off into nowhere. Help ?
      Where are you running the SSMS install from? Did you copy the file into the VM first?
      2017 V60 P*

yes thanks - unfortunately it's not going to be quite that easy !!

You can move SSMS install pack to VM through a "shared folder". Create shared folder in VM settings + select "auto mount". Put SSMS in shared folder. Open VM system and move SSMS from shared folder to C: disc on VM. Then click the SSMS install.

again thanks, but all that's done ok - I'm pretty good with PC's, and this sort of stuff used to be my bread and butter - I've also ran it in compatability mode, as administrator, etc etc - but it just dissapears off into nowhere - My VM install of Win7 Pro and Vida has got SQL server 2008 installed, which I'm assuming is part of the VIDA system, but does that sound right to everyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffCooper63 View Post
      again thanks, but all that's done ok - I'm pretty good with PC's, and this sort of stuff used to be my bread and butter - I've also ran it in compatability mode, as administrator, etc etc - but it just dissapears off into nowhere - My VM install of Win7 Pro and Vida has got SQL server 2008 installed, which I'm assuming is part of the VIDA system, but does that sound right to everyone ?
      I think I have a similar setup as you. Install the manages to the host machine (not in VM) and then connect it to the VM through the windows user in VM.
      I had to do it like that as well.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

16. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2