Ceika Brake and Ceika Coilover
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Ceika Brake and Ceika Coilover

I received the BBK and Coilover by end of december and installed everything this week. I had enough of the KYB Eibach combo. (Couldnt stand the harsh bump anymore)
      Is there anything else we can have for us AWD P1?

Anyway, my mech installed everything this week and i told him to adjust the coilover to max comfort setting lol

So far i just took the car back home (I got it yesterday) and i feel the car much smoother and comfortable. I couldnt really test the brake since we had a storm but ill take the car today to the ski station and i know the road very well so ill be able to compare the overall ride quality.

Since the Caliper are brand new, the paint is fading on the Discs but it should get away after some ride.

Anyway, here some pics of the kit and ill get some on the car with more feedback.

2007 M66 S60R Custom Interior, Custum Piggyback ECU (AEM Infinity). Project not done yet (In Progress)

2010 M66 AWD S40 R Design

D088 Intercooler, Viva Catback, Becker Dowpipe, K&N Intake. No Tune yet.

Ceika BBK and Ceika Coilover

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

how much bigger are the brakes? are those real floating rotors?

I am very interested to read your comments about the Ceika coil over pkg. as I am contemplating the same kit. My 2007 V50 T5 AWD M66 has Bilstein B4 on the front, Volvo OEM rear, and Volvo lowering springs. the whole things rides a bit soft and not very well controlled, IMHO. please give update after several thousand miles. I am also contemplating one of their brake kits for my 850.
      1994 850 wagon 5spd N/A
      2007 V50 T5 AWD 6spd

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Ok after 1 day of driving it in the highway to the ski station i know very well, the ride is way more comfortable then the KYB Eibach Combo and still very precise with the steering, the usal bumps on the crappy highway i was used to dont throw the car right and left like previously (It was hitting so hard in the frame of the car at 70mph that you almost lost control and feel it in your backbone.) Honestly i couldnt ask for better. So that's done and moreover the car is now leveled Front and Back. (I asked my mech to level it because before with the old crappy KYB Eibach it was higher in the back and lower in the front.

ll post more comments after a few thousand miles on it.

For the brakes, the discs are almost perferct now after only 1 day ride (I mean the paint of the caliper is 90% gone on the discs)

To my surprise, the picture of the disc i posted previously are silver coated. (I took the option of protection anti rust coating) (Now after 1 day they are like standard disc color, ill post some pics later)

However I couldnt test it very well since I had both kids in the back with my gf and testing it would have been savage i think. Only pressing the brake pedal a little bit to hard you just feel the power of the multi piston thing you control via a slight push of that pedal.

Basicaly, they are larger then the oem Front caliper of the AWD T5 (Note: oem AWD S40 come with larger discs and caliper) and way larger then the oem back caliper.

The oem Zaurack wheels i had with 35 offset would not fit with these 6piston caliper. I bought some cheap touren wheels for winter (Like on that video) 17'' with 40 offset and they fit perfectly (there is like a 3-5 MM clearance)

Ceika sent me a draw of the calipers so i could print it and glue it to a piece of board and bring it to wheels shop and see if it fitted. (I am not an expert and I did it and i saw a 3-5 MM clearance just like now

I took the 6 piston front and 4 piston rear. (Ceika told me they couldnt fit 6 piston rear for the S40) In fact i dont think i would have notice anything.

There are several options available when ordering.

I took the Stainless steel external flexible dust boots for extrem weather (cuz even if the car sleep in the garage we use it in winter)

I didnt take the full floating h type anti rattle option. (In fact it is recommended to take it if you plan to track the car)

Honestly so far so good the installation of the coilover and the big brake kit took 12 hours for my mech.

He had some problem with the handbrake because it was conflicting with the rear coilover. He had to do some fitting for the spring (They were at the same place of the coilover) but basicaly the installation went good.

Here is video of the car this morning (The disc are still black faded because of the fresh paint of the caliper) As i stated before, the discs almost back to normal

Last edited by EricVolvoR; 02-08-2020 at 07:40 PM.
      2007 M66 S60R Custom Interior, Custum Piggyback ECU (AEM Infinity). Project not done yet (In Progress)

whoa!, those brakes ARE impressive. Any more info on those please? Do I understood you correctly that all four are over 320mm (336mm I reckon? as on S60R or focus RS?)? are those a real floating discs or just look like ones?
      Price for a set, if you dont mind?

edit - on closer look, I can see one pair is a bit smaller, so whats the sizes for front and rear deiscs please?
      Last edited by LizardOfBodom; 02-10-2020 at 04:37 AM.
      Titanium Grey 2005 V50, T5AWD, M66, Stage 1 Hilton tune<-Click me
      E-Focus Torque mount, E-46 bi-xenon retrofit (see the PDF for pictures and full story) , de-nanny mod, Brembo discs+ATE ceramic pads

They are Semi floating rotor. In fact there is no extra cost for semi floating rotor but there is an extra cost for full floating H type Rotors (380 US) which i didnt take.
      Here is the description:

The semi-floating rotor uses standard bolts instead and the rotor is fixed on the hat.

All 4 discs are 330 mm X 32 mm. (You are right in the first picture i took with an angle it seems 2 of them are smaller but if u look at the one with coilover and the discs they are all 4 equal size)

You can choose the color of the hat too. if you want them drilled, slotted or both (No extra cost)

There is many option when ordering:

They have 4 pads type:

Street, Sport, Race and Pro Race (I took the street) (The 3 other you have to pay a little extra) not that much

For the caliper, i took 2 options

External Flexible dust boots (150 US)
      Stainless steel piston (80US) You can have vented alluminium piston for 50US or standard alluminium piston without extra
      Of course you choose your color finish and logo

When choosing the X Large 6piston caliper you come with 2 choices of discs:

330mm X 32mm and 345mm X 32mm

They told me 345 were extremely difficult to fit on 17 in. Since I only use 18in wheel for summer, i had to make sure they fit on 17in: I dont know what kind of wheel you could use in 17in to make fit the 345 mm discs. Right now, I have 3-5mm clearance for the 330mm

But if you plan to use 18 in wheels, i think that would fit.

And yes, they are the same size as of the S60R, only the caliper are larger with more piston.

My mech told me the 2 caliper in the rear have 2 bleeder and the ones in the front have 3 bleeder each. Thats 8 total instead of 4.

The Big brake kit cost me 5000 CAD and the Coilover 1500 CAD. Thats really expensive but i have no plan getting rid of that car and like many of you I am a car enthusiast.

I used the car saterday and monday (like 100 miles) and the front discs are all clean (There is no more paint on them) and the rear still have some paint (From the caliper since they are brand new)

Here is link of video i found after ordering the Ceika BBK. (the guy has it on C30 and has good comments)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYiuuD3MsMM
      Last edited by EricVolvoR; 02-10-2020 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Adding a video

Quote Originally Posted by EricVolvoR View Post
      They told me 345 were extremely difficult to fit on 17 in. Since I only use 18in wheel for summer, i had to make sure they fit on 17in: I dont know what kind of wheel you could use in 17in to make fit the 345 mm discs. Right now, I have 3-5mm clearance for the 330mm
      5mm clearance is not much, yikes. Once I had 16' on my 320mm set and the distance between disc and rim made me very uncomfortable. But man, I can only imagine the brakin power on this set. Did you do any actual comparisons on braking distance etc?
      Jelous as hell, but my whole car is worth much less than your set so I will have to live with the drooling ;P

btw- are you sure all 4 are identical, though? my edited message was because I spotted front ones having rows of 4+5 drilled holes where the rear ones only 3+4 so even with photo perspective aside, I thought those are in fact a bit smaller.
      E-Focus Torque mount, E-46 bi-xenon retrofit (see the PDF for pictures and full story) , de-nanny mod, Brembo discs+ATE ceramic pads

I double checked the invoice and its 330 mm X 32 front and 330 mm X 28 rear discs

I know for sure they are all identical in overal size (330mm) but your observation is correct: the hats on the rear rotor are larger then those on the front (Bigger diamater):

Thats because the rear caliper are smaller and have less surface contact with the pads. The X large 6piston caliper (Front) has more surface area.

Gotcha, tx for info. Enjoy the stoping power! :}

What hieght/ spring rate and valving did you git on the coilovers

Quote Originally Posted by JAMATRON View Post
      What hieght/ spring rate and valving did you git on the coilovers
      I took the sport low option:

You can adjust it close to oem height and get a as low as 8 to 12 cm lower the oem.

For my part i liked the eibach front height. But rear was higher with the eibach spring so my mech leveled the rear to the same height as the front:

Look is better too.

I took the comfort option for spring rate a schock valving

The ride is way more comfortable then before and the steering response is still very precise

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I think I have the same setup as you did- KYB with the Eibach springs, I left the spacers in because of Edmonton's fine roads- I don't find it too stiff unless the road is washboarded and then the stiffness and the short wheelbase make it a bit bouncy- These look nice but are a bit pricy for my wallet

Super - Nice Ceika BBK were just coming on Line After I had all ready Purchased the Willwoods and I'll say those Ceika BBK are Far Better set up ..
      I'm Hard on Brakes , so Willwoods were just Better then Stock -Lighter ,but short Pad Life . .

Anyone Tracking or Hard Road Rally ~ should be Full Floating or at Least I'd Go that Way ..

Worth the Money Especially getting the Rear E-Brake set up , so everything has gotten a Lot Lighter .. Your Volvo should Ride Great !
      Took about 10Lbs of Front Corners and 6 lbs off the Rears .. Rebound would be Far Faster ..

Nice Mods
      ** V50 AWD - Handling & Performance Tweaks = New Stance / VW CC - Handling Tweaks - Testing & Porting - Intake Mods
      A Garden Gate will Last You a Life Time . http://s261.photobucket.com/user/Eng...0Trim%20%20etc

I was in fact looking for the Willwoods BBK at first but they didnt seem to offer a Big Caliper for the rear. (On Elevate, the complete kit only have Big front caliper)

So i was calculating buying new oem rear caliper, have them powder coated etc... to match the front color but the cost was almost the same as the complete BBK from Ceika. It wasnt worth the trouble.

I understand you have the willwoods installed? If i am correct the front caliper are 6pistons is that right? and the front disc are oversize 330 mm?

Which leads to shorter Brake Pad Life , nice Light setup , but still used Stock Rotors .. the Rotors are to Thin on these Cars at least for Dropping down from Hundred Quickly ..

The Euro Sport Front Kit is Heavy enough , but require Extended Studs I believe .. and still only do the Fronts ..

Ceika even has a Carbon Fiber Option ... for all 4 Corners . .
      ** V50 AWD - Handling & Performance Tweaks = New Stance / VW CC - Handling Tweaks - Testing & Porting - Intake Mods
      A Garden Gate will Last You a Life Time . http://s261.photobucket.com/user/Eng...0Trim%20%20etc

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements