2019 S60 B&W Door Speaker Trim Removal
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Question 2019 S60 B&W Door Speaker Trim Removal

Hello,

I am looking to replace the "plastic" speaker trim in the front passenger side door (picture attached).

Can someone either link or explain the best way to take it out in order to put a new one in? Do I have to remove the whole door panel? Or does the trim pop out?

I don't want to break any clips but also don't want to remove the door panel if I don't need to.

This is the part I am looking to replace -> https://www.volvooempartsdirect.com/...lding-31490193

Thank you...

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 01byte View Post
      Hello,

I am looking to replace the "plastic" speaker trim in the front passenger side door (picture attached).

Can someone either link or explain the best way to take it out in order to put a new one in? Do I have to remove the whole door panel? Or does the trim pop out?

I don't want to break any clips but also don't want to remove the door panel if I don't need to.

This is the part I am looking to replace -> https://www.volvooempartsdirect.com/...lding-31490193

Thank you...
      If it's anything like the V/S90, the grill is plasti-riveted to the doorcard.

So if I needed to remove that plastic trim piece (the one that holds the grill). Can I do it without having to remove the whole door panel?

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Yes the plastic trim piece pops out, ideally you have a plastic trim tool you can gently insert and pry around the perimeter there are clips all around start at the front and pry your way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Power6 View Post
      Yes the plastic trim piece pops out, ideally you have a plastic trim tool you can gently insert and pry around the perimeter there are clips all around start at the front and pry your way around.
      Perfect!!! I do have a set of trim removal tools. I just didn't want to start trying to pry and break some clips that would force me to replace the whole panel (which is expensive).

That piece just pries off. It needs to be removed to remove the door panel because there is a screw behind it holding the door panel on. Start at the edge closest to the front of the car. There is a plastic piece toward the back that slides into the door panel.

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements