Auto stop/start not functioning.
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Auto stop/start not functioning.

THe auto start/stop function is not working on my XC60. Auto start/stop symbol by tachometer shows "/" running across it. manual showing at least 10 conditions for it to stop functioning.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Many would consider this to be a blessing in disguise.
      2017 XC60 R
      2015.5 S80 Platinum
      2010 S80 PP
      2010 V70
      2002 9-5 Aero
      2002 9-5 Sedan
      1999 9-5 Wagon

Please don't kill me if this is a dumb question, but have you disabled it permenantly in SENSUS?
      2019 XC60 T6 Inscription Pine Gray Ext/Maroon (brown) Int

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I believe if you are somewhere very hot/cold then the engine will stay on anyway to maintain the AC conditioning in the vehicle. Could it be because of that?

No it is checked on.

Checking with the manual there are at least a dozen reasons why it is not meeting the required conditions. I have a feeling it has something to do with the battery. Bringing it to the dealers on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by johngcrea View Post
      Checking with the manual there are at least a dozen reasons why it is not meeting the required conditions. I have a feeling it has something to do with the battery. Bringing it to the dealers on Wednesday.
      I had the same problem and they replaced my battery
      https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...after-one-year
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

Let us know, John, Sounds intriguing.
      2019 XC60 T6 Inscription Pine Gray Ext/Maroon (brown) Int

Went to the dealers and they said everything was working fine. I use to have the word "Ready" next to the tach now I have the symbol for auto stop. The previous week I went in to check out my rear speakers and they did an update while I was there.

Well after telling the tech what I now have he told me that the update changed the word Ready to that symbol. THey didn't tell me what the update involved at the time they did it. I was a little annoyed becaude I drove 45 miles for nothing.

When the car is running the symbol is white, when you stop for a light it turns green, under certain conditions listed in the manual it might turn grey with a / crossing the symbol.

Went to the dealers and they said everything was working fine. I use to have the word "Ready" next to the tach now I have the symbol for auto stop. The previous week I went in to check out my rear speakers and they did an update while I was there.

Well after telling the tech what I now have he told me that the update changed the word Ready to that symbol. THey didn't tell me what the update involved at the time they did it. I was a little annoyed becaude I drove 45 miles for nothing.

When the car is running the symbol is white, when you stop for a light it turns green, under certain conditions listed in the manual it might turn grey with a / crossing the symbol.
      You get the Total Software Update, only once can we get in 2020. The 45 minute driving is not wasted.
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

A good source of information for the future;

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support...t-stop-symbols

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support...ftware-updates
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

14. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements