SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

V50 AWD does 6-speed add or subtract value?

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  bbrages 
#1 ·
Will be looking at a black 2006 with 125,000 miles in supposedly very nice condition. Is it worth much more than $2,000 with a stick?

#2 ·
I have no idea about actual values, but I would definitely say a unicorn is worth more than a non-unicorn.

If I were the seller, I'd be selling it for more than the going cost for auto T5 AWDs.

Without doing any comparisons, I'd say $2k for that car in "very nice" condition sounds like a great deal.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

#4 ·
If you do a general market search (not KBB or NADA), you will find that manual transmission Volvos usually hold a higher resale price.
It's a niche market, as there are many who prefer a stick and will hold out for a manual Volvo.

But because of it being a niche market, they can take longer to sell. Though that is the case with any manual cars in the US.

#6 ·
Considering US market I would imagine it defo adds value much more than in Europe. Regardless of "adds or not", question is - what do you prefer? If you like/prefer manuals, defo worth it as AT on those are not exceptionally great and you will have much more fun with H stick IMHO.

#9 ·
I paid a little over 3k for my 06 AWD M66 S40 with 103k miles, seller gave me a deal and was just looking to get it out of the garage.

At 2k you're getting that for less than half value, easy.

#11 · (Edited)
2k for an awd 6-speed? i'd take the day off work and get it tomorrow.

i just paid triple that for an 05 V50 T5 AWD 6-Speed in Red. Zero rust California car, maintained at a volvo dealership. It also has premium auto, heated seats, xenon headlights, tow hitch, roof rack, etc etc. All the boxes checked made it worth the extra dollars over what is the going rate for the average v50, which tends to be auto 2.4 rust belt cars. not to mention it took about 6 months for one even close to this spec to pop up for sale once i was looking

well optioned/rare optioned cars definitely hold more value than their average counterpart.

also remember enthusiasts tend to undervalue cars until the day they want to sell their own ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.