SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Perfo (16 inch) Rims on a 2016 S60 R Design

3K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  KCCM 
#1 ·
So you're all going to look at me like I'm crazy but I want to put my old school Perfo rims (i think they came on a 850 once upon a time... this would be the third Volvo since if this works) on my "new" (to me) 2016 R Design for my snow tire rims (yay lots of rubber to fight the pot hole monsters in CO).

Is this even possible to do with the calipers on the R Design? Will this elicit public shaming from you all for even thinking about doing such a thing?

This should be entertaining... and yes i'll post pics of the R Design when it gets here (assuming it passes 3rd party inspection tomorrow).

#4 ·
VERY unlikely that a 16-inch wheel will clear the 336mm R-Design rotor .

#15 ·
Anyone wanna buy a set of 336mm rdesign rotors, brake pads, calipers ,Pads and rotors are almost new. Comes with brake lines and dust shields also. Took them off when I bought the car for a bigger brake setup hahaha. Just thought I’d ask

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#17 ·
I have 16" alloy wheels for winter tires on my 2012 T5 with the 316 rotors and they fill all the space. barely fit.
These Perfos would make someone with a T5 a nice winter package or all seasons if their wheels are shot.

#19 · (Edited)
Some 17s do clear, some do not. I happen to own a set of 17" Mestra wheels and they just barely clear (with enough room for stick-on wheel weights) on my 2013 RD:

I'd be shocked if any 16" wheel cleared the 2013+ R-Design front brake setup.

#21 ·
235/55-17 Michelin Xi3s with steelies on our ‘16 V60RD (from my trusted tire supplier - gather the wheels are a Ford part number).
‘17s are the smallest to clear the larger front brakes, which Volvo first specked for the extra nose heavy S80 V8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.