What hits harder than a Volvo?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

What hits harder than a Volvo?

I never liked BMW fanboys, but after thinking for a while ... I may be a Volvo fanboy because I'm paranoid on surviving crashes.

We probably all know videos like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys2HKrNqAN0. You could be the most careful driver in the world, that still doesn't mean someone else won't cross a red light or decide their truck is a F1 car that accelerates instantly and end up cracking your headlights ... alongside the entire front of the car.

So are there any manufacturers that come close to the safety and rigidity of a Volvo car? And by safety I don't mean the crap like Autobrake stuff, though it may be useful in emergencies, if you're scrolling instagram instead of steering and need a computer to avoid hitting the car ahead, you probably need to ride a bike... or rather your uncle.

Bonus, drive carefully: https://youtu.be/D2x1akiZC1s?t=5

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Buy a Ford or Chevy truck if you really want to survive a crash, because people will scroll instagram and now ATT offers streaming video to your car so you can watch movies.... great! Volvo`s are safe but no more than many other vehicles these days.

i would suggest that volvo is on the leading edge of safety, depending on where that marker is at any given time. just like the merc S-class is known to bringing new innovations to market, volvo is known for it's value on safety. consider airbag development and location over the last couple of decades - it's a process and someone is always on the leading edge. i wouldn't say that every other car on the market is as safe as a volvo right now, but 'smart' cars are really increasing the overall safety factor. today is simply another point in time on the safety curve. as mentioned, more mass and volume does help that [truck] occupant and it certainly creates a disadvantage for the other occupant, but that's something we simply have to understand.
      '19 V90R, '19 XC60R, '13 PanTurbo, '05 V70R, '04 XC90, '02 M3, '99 Mcoupe, '97 993 C4S, '86 951

Too sad we can't beat physics

6. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements