Curve Speed Assist and Passing Assistance
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Curve Speed Assist and Passing Assistance

How do I activate these features? I know Curve Speed isn't automatically on because when using navigation it will take some ramps at the cruise speed and not slow down at all. Quite thrilling but not exactly what I want to feel when driving home. With passing assist, I'll indicate after it has detected a car in front of me but before it slows down but it never accelerates to pass the slower car just continues at the cruise speed.
      2020 V60 T5 Inscription Fusion Red Luxury and Advanced Package

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Swipe screen to the right and activate it

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
      2018 XC60 T5 Momentum AWD/Osmium Grey Metallic/Charcoal Leather/B&W Audio/ACC-PA2 (OSD)
      2011.5 XC60 3.2 AWD/Saville Grey Metallic/Anthracite Black Leather/Premium/Climate/BLIS/Rear Cam/

Quote Originally Posted by Putertech View Post
      Swipe screen to the right and activate it

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
      It's not there.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

What car do you have? I only see "PA with navi" for P* models on Volvo US website.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

Quote Originally Posted by FusionRedXC60 View Post
      What car do you have? I only see "PA with navi" for P* models on Volvo US website.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Inscription. It doesn't say anything about it only being available on select models in the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by schmitty8225 View Post
      How do I activate these features? I know Curve Speed isn't automatically on because when using navigation it will take some ramps at the cruise speed and not slow down at all. Quite thrilling but not exactly what I want to feel when driving home. With passing assist, I'll indicate after it has detected a car in front of me but before it slows down but it never accelerates to pass the slower car just continues at the cruise speed.

These features are in late build model year 2020 cars. I have a 2019 S60 T8 and got shorted the BLIS with steer assist. Helpful with fast-approaching erratic Los Angeles drivers that come up on your arse quickly without signaling. Car will steer itself back into the lane to avoid a collision. Got used this on my S90, but it is now on the 2020 S60's. I wonder if Volvo will push this update to cars that have the hardware to support this. I am assuming the Items above are just software. Hopefully it comes to our cars. Curve assist would be great as I come into corners pretty hot sometimes with Auto pilot engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by x001100 View Post
      These features are in late build model year 2020 cars. I have a 2019 S60 T8 and got shorted the BLIS with steer assist. Helpful with fast-approaching erratic Los Angeles drivers that come up on your arse quickly without signaling. Car will steer itself back into the lane to avoid a collision. Got used this on my S90, but it is now on the 2020 S60's. I wonder if Volvo will push this update to cars that have the hardware to support this. I am assuming the Items above are just software. Hopefully it comes to our cars. Curve assist would be great as I come into corners pretty hot sometimes with Auto pilot engaged.
      Ours is a 2020.

I have a 2020 v60 CC just got delivered at the end of Nov. I see the mention of this in the online manual but I can’t find it in the settings menus. Appreciate any help.
      JTMav

Quote Originally Posted by JTMav View Post
      I have a 2020 v60 CC just got delivered at the end of Nov. I see the mention of this in the online manual but I can’t find it in the settings menus. Appreciate any help.
      JTMav
      August 2019 build 2020 here and I don’t have it.

Anybody has a S60/V60 P* model can check this? That's our last hope.

This feature is not listed in the menu for my 2020 V60 P*
      -------

Current: 2020 V60 Polestar
      Recent: 2016 XC90 T6
      Previous: Audi A4, Subaru Legacy, Audi Q5, Audi SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by NorthXC90 View Post
      This feature is not listed in the menu for my 2020 V60 P*
      Same here. In the owners manual, but no icon. Is it not available in the USA ?

I have no idea what everyone is talking about, unless...

The curve assist is a part of PA3
      And the passing assist is just the speeding up part of the ACC/PA when your left blinker is on (and you're behind a slower car)
      His: Osmium Grey - 2019 S60 T6 R-Design AWD, Polestar, Advanced, 19" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Hers: Onyx Black - 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD, Maroon Brown, Advanced, Luxury, 20" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

Quote Originally Posted by rumyn View Post
      I have no idea what everyone is talking about, unless...

The curve assist is a part of PA3
      And the passing assist is just the speeding up part of the ACC/PA when your left blinker is on (and you're behind a slower car)
      I use the "self-driving" functionality on a daily basis since getting my XC90 back in 2016. I got used to its shortcomings, such as it's inability to calculate the curve in a road and slow down accordingly. If they've fixed it, awesome. I'm just not sure how far ahead the camera(s) look ahead to make those adjustments.
      -------

I use the "self-driving" functionality on a daily basis since getting my XC90 back in 2016. I got used to its shortcomings, such as it's inability to calculate the curve in a road and slow down accordingly. If they've fixed it, awesome. I'm just not sure how far ahead the camera(s) look ahead to make those adjustments.
      It is supposed to use GPS and map data to adjust accordingly based on the speed limits for the ramps and curves.

Quote Originally Posted by schmitty8225 View Post
      It is supposed to use GPS and map data to adjust accordingly based on the speed limits for the ramps and curves.
      That would be pretty smart! I think its just a matter of time before Volvo gets this rolled out. Quite the investment.
      -------

That would be pretty smart! I think its just a matter of time before Volvo gets this rolled out. Quite the investment.
      It's supposed to be a part of PA3

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
      His: Osmium Grey - 2019 S60 T6 R-Design AWD, Polestar, Advanced, 19" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Hers: Onyx Black - 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD, Maroon Brown, Advanced, Luxury, 20" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

It's supposed to be a part of PA3

Thing is... it doesn't seem like it has yet been activated or enabled. At least not for US. It was supposed to be rolled out on PA with the introduction of the new V60 and as an update to the new S60. Well... I have a loaded '19 S60 and have received all recent updates. This still doesn't function, and I also do not have an icon for it. Checked some 2020's as well, since I should be receiving one I ordered very shortly, and same thing. Not there. My guess is it might be some regulation issue with getting it here in the states as opposed to the EU Markets. Either that... or it won't be on any models until 2021. Especially since this feature was just *Re-Announced* with the revised S/V90/V90CC.

Talked to someone at Volvo and this is what they said. "After researching the Curve Speed Assist feature, here you can view our safety features. If you scroll down to the "Pilot Assist" section, it will say the following, "Western European markets benefit from Curve Speed Adaption, a function that uses map data to adapt cruising speed in curves to a comfortable level."

Also on that same page it says this "For the EU and US, Pilot Assist is connected to the navigation system and has an ‘electronic horizon’ function that increases accuracy and performance in curves." And it definitely doesn't seem to care about curves and continues at the same speed. So I guess we just get curves at an uncomfortable level. Hopefully this lack of information and clarification results in deaths and class action lawsuits.

Quote Originally Posted by MJEWETT View Post
      Thing is... it doesn't seem like it has yet been activated or enabled. At least not for US. It was supposed to be rolled out on PA with the introduction of the new V60 and as an update to the new S60. Well... I have a loaded '19 S60 and have received all recent updates. This still doesn't function, and I also do not have an icon for it. Checked some 2020's as well, since I should be receiving one I ordered very shortly, and same thing. Not there. My guess is it might be some regulation issue with getting it here in the states as opposed to the EU Markets. Either that... or it won't be on any models until 2021. Especially since this feature was just *Re-Announced* with the revised S/V90/V90CC.
      I'm not sure PA3 is standard on any of the US models yet. Was supposed to be, I thought, but I don't think that's the case yet.
      Maybe someone knows for sure... Yannis?

Lemon Law Buyback thread

I'm not sure PA3 is standard on any of the US models yet. Was supposed to be, I thought, but I don't think that's the case yet.
      Maybe someone knows for sure... Yannis?

Hopefully it will come as an update to at least late model 2020’s... considering that’s the one i should be picking up soon lol. I hate that every single car I get... it seems within a few months new features get rolled out into the following model year. Happens every time.

2017 Giulia... 3 months later Apple CarPlay/Android Auto came out along with a revised backup camera for 2018.

2019 S60 R-D... same thing, 3 months later leather dash and high level illumination came BACK as standard equipment for the trim on the 2020 model year. Along with new interior color slate gray.

Soon to have 2020 S60 R-D... haven’t even picked it up yet and 2021s come out with the new OE integrated wireless charger, new exterior colors, new park assist features, new Electronic cabin particle filter (would be great for my insane New England allergies), and most important to me: a completely revised Bowers & Wilkins system with a new amp, new speakers, New sound staging, new material replacing yellow Kevlar cones, and an active noise cancellation system. Some other small things as well.

I think I need to start timing my purchases better... or do 1 year leases! Lol

It seems to me like it would be a software update with no additional hardware needed.
      -------

Soon to have 2020 S60 R-D... haven’t even picked it up yet and 2021s come out with the new OE integrated wireless charger, new exterior colors, new park assist features, new Electronic cabin particle filter (would be great for my insane New England allergies), and most important to me: a completely revised Bowers & Wilkins system with a new amp, new speakers, New sound staging, new material replacing yellow Kevlar cones, and an active noise cancellation system. Some other small things as well.

Cars are like computers and smartphones, just buy what you need when you need it, whatever you get will be obsolete soon.

I had been checking out the Intl site there since I noticed the 2021 S60 is there to build, although the S90 press release that mentions the S60 is thin on the details. But by the current info, the drivetrains are all hybrid for 2021, mild "B" versions and the T6 and T8 are now the branded "ReCharge" from the old TwinEngine name and no more Petrol T6. Looks like the it might be the end for mechanical AWD. The only T6 is the detuned T8 ReCharge with the ERAD AWD. Not sure if that will make a better or worse car from a performance standpoint. I had read that Volvo stated there was no mechanical difference between the TwinEngine T8 and T6 other than tuning, so perhaps once the ECU is cracked on it you can buy a T6 and simply tune it to T8 power so that might be a cool thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Power6 View Post
      Cars are like computers and smartphones, just buy what you need when you need it, whatever you get will be obsolete soon.

I had been checking out the Intl site there since I noticed the 2021 S60 is there to build, although the S90 press release that mentions the S60 is thin on the details. But by the current info, the drivetrains are all hybrid for 2021, mild "B" versions and the T6 and T8 are now the branded "ReCharge" from the old TwinEngine name and no more Petrol T6. Looks like the it might be the end for mechanical AWD. The only T6 is the detuned T8 ReCharge with the ERAD AWD. Not sure if that will make a better or worse car from a performance standpoint. I had read that Volvo stated there was no mechanical difference between the TwinEngine T8 and T6 other than tuning, so perhaps once the ECU is cracked on it you can buy a T6 and simply tune it to T8 power so that might be a cool thing.
      T6 Recharge is most likely a T5 ICE plus ERAD versus T6 ICE in T8. So it is a slower, $3k cheaper T8.

B5 and B6 will still be mechanical AWD.

Fusion · Red · T8 · XC60

T6 Recharge is most likely a T5 ICE plus ERAD versus T6 ICE in T8. So it is a slower, $3k cheaper T8.

B5 and B6 will still be mechanical AWD.

Fusion · Red · T8 · XC60
      It was my understanding that T5/T6/T8’s would remain for the US market... and globally the B mild hybrid models and Recharge Models would be available. Maybe I’m incorrect. I would honestly be glad if they brought us the B/Recharge models and exclusively utilized Hybrid technology. It seems from a performance standpoint, instant on demand torque and power is all the rage these days. Hybrid super cars are being praised for it, including a recent comparison between the i8, LC, NSX, and Polestar 1 (which came in 2nd place).

I like the idea of hybridization, and the benefits that come along with it including the fact that the B6 actually makes more power than the current T6. My only concern is... what, if I buy any new Volvo moving forward, I have to worry about plugging it in if I want to utilize its full potential? I don’t Necessarily care as obviously it would be charging while I sleep, but it would be a burden to worry about getting a charger hookup at my house to adequately charge it, and of course an additional expense on top of the expense of a new car every 2-3 years. I’d really like for Volvo to give US specific release details soon for the 2021 models so we owners can at least anticipate the changes we may have to deal with during our next purchases.

Speaking of 2021’s and the global build site; I see the Polestar Engineered Models are no longer listed or available on the build site. It would be unfortunate that these only lasted a single year for a full production run. Maybe there will soon be a new release for an updated version of them? It would be a shame if this is signaling the last collaboration between both entities.

It was my understanding that T5/T6/T8’s would remain for the US market... and globally the B mild hybrid models and Recharge Models would be available. Maybe I’m incorrect. I would honestly be glad if they brought us the B/Recharge models and exclusively utilized Hybrid technology. It seems from a performance standpoint, instant on demand torque and power is all the rage these days. Hybrid super cars are being praised for it, including a recent comparison between the i8, LC, NSX, and Polestar 1 (which came in 2nd place).

I like the idea of hybridization, and the benefits that come along with it including the fact that the B6 actually makes more power than the current T6. My only concern is... what, if I buy any new Volvo moving forward, I have to worry about plugging it in if I want to utilize its full potential? I don’t Necessarily care as obviously it would be charging while I sleep, but it would be a burden to worry about getting a charger hookup at my house to adequately charge it, and of course an additional expense on top of the expense of a new car every 2-3 years. I’d really like for Volvo to give US specific release details soon for the 2021 models so we owners can at least anticipate the changes we may have to deal with during our next purchases.
      Couple of things.

The B-series are mild hybrids, not plug-in hybrids (PHEV).

The B6 may be listed as higher HP than the existing T6, but it's the same fuzzy math that Volvo has been doing for their Polestar Engineered and T8, PHEV cars. They're adding electric output on top of ICE output, but that's just not how it works, and why Volvo stands virtually alone in presenting power that way, and why reviews have consistently knocked performance for not matching the advertised power numbers.

You never have to plug-in the PHEVs to get use of the electric motors, they can use the ICE as a generator to charge the batteries, and in fact it always maintains enough power to run the rear axle if and when needed. (Sidenote, B-series cars retain a mechanical AWD system) Granted you will have worse fuel economy relying on the ICE as a constant generator vs. plugging the car in.

Lastly, you don't need to change your charging method with each new car. Charge ports have standardized interfaces. And at the lowest and slowest form, each car comes with a cable that can plug into a standard home outlet.

29. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements