SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

OBD Scanners?

3K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  Nerd23 
#1 ·
Hey guys i know this topic has been spoken about briefly..
im coming from an Audi background, i had a OBD11 port that allowed be to plug in and play around with some of the cars options ex: Remote open windows, increase LED brightness, Video in motion... but the key feature i loved was the ability to scan the car for errors and be able to clear them via my phone..

does anyone have an OB scanner that is confirmed working on the S60?
Thanks~

#4 ·
Not at this time, and my car has no codes. Not worrying about that under warranty. In the Audi I had a JB4 with BT app to check codes and other items if I wanted to.

But OBD2 system speculation is that any scanner works in the reading controller codes, specific information and live data require manufacturer tools in most Premium brands.

#5 ·
Hey guys i know this topic has been spoken about briefly..
im coming from an Audi background, i had a OBD11 port that allowed be to plug in and play around with some of the cars options ex: Remote open windows, increase LED brightness, Video in motion... but the key feature i loved was the ability to scan the car for errors and be able to clear them via my phone..

does anyone have an OB scanner that is confirmed working on the S60?
Thanks~
Increase the led brightness? Can you be more specific? I would love to have more brightness. But which LEDs do you mean?

Thanx.

#8 ·
You're talking about a "canbus function extender" device. No. one does not exist for SPA vehicles though it does for older volvos.

Standard OBD readers will still read codes/basic telemetry available.

#10 ·
I can confirm this wifi wireless scanner works using a phone app called OBD Fusion which is quite powerful. The app lets me see all SAE PIDs, and various info. For example: Total ignition cycle counter (how many times has the car been turned on lifetime? mine's at 459). Engine temp(yep, engine temp!), MAF reading, RPM, Fuel rate, voltage, intake manifold absolute pressure, calculated boost pressure, AirFuel ratio, all that sort of stuff.

Basically all the basic ENGINE parameters can be read without a special volvo system. What you can't get access to is anything outside the engine, transmission values, wheelspeed sensor values, etc.

It also has a performance recorder where it'll use the speed/accelerometer data to tell you roughly your 1/4 times (60ft, 330ft,1/8 mile, 1000ft, 1/4 mile). I have yet to try this.

The full version of OBD Fusion that lets you access all this is $9.99 on the app store. The free version will let you view basic codes and some values but blocks access to the cooler functions.

#13 ·
Only difference is how it connects to the phone. I believe OBD fusion can utilize either. However the bluetooth ones are picky with iphones and don't always work, only specific ones do(you'd have to research whichever one you're looking at to see that it works with whatever phone you use).

#17 ·
There is another app with extended profiles for several Volvo models - 'Car Scanner Elm Obd2' (Android, iOS, Bluetooth + WiFi).
It displays over 40 parameters in SPA cars (engine coolant temp, MAF, throttle, EGR position and error, fuel level, CEM voltage, fuel rail pressure, etc.).
But it actually works much better in previous generation Volvos (P3) - displays over 200 parameters of engine, automatic transmission, fuel system, brakes, alternator, 12V battery, etc.

#22 ·
OBD ELM 327 is working to scan and clear errors. Good for check engine lights. My car is 2018 S90.

Note: you have to plug it (car off). Turn car on. Turn the car back off. The car computer will be active to scan/erase codes.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.