"Next/right" button on the sterring wheel stopped working
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

"Next/right" button on the sterring wheel stopped working

So the "next/right" button on the steering wheel stopped working.
      It used to do that intermittently, now it's dead.
      I blew some compressed air in there hoping something got underneath - no help.
      Calling the dealer tomorrow.
      Anyone had that issue happen to them?
      His: Osmium Grey - 2019 S60 T6 R-Design AWD, Polestar, Advanced, 19" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Hers: Onyx Black - 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD, Maroon Brown, Advanced, Luxury, 20" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Nevermind, found the thread on the XC90 forum here
      His: Osmium Grey - 2019 S60 T6 R-Design AWD, Polestar, Advanced, 19" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Hers: Onyx Black - 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD, Maroon Brown, Advanced, Luxury, 20" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

Quote Originally Posted by rumyn View Post
      I probably thought that my next/right button had intermittently stopped working at least ten times in the past 18 months of ownership. Used to push next, nothing would happen, curse and click random buttons (left/center), and then it would randomly work just fine. I brought it to my SA's attention, but it worked every time I showed it to him.

Didn't figure out why until I saw some message displayed on the Tachometer screen (low gas/Wiper fluid low/etc.). So when I kept scrolling right to change the track being played, it kept cycling on the message on the display Tach screen, which I didn't pay attention to. As soon as I clicked the center button and made the message go away, the right button worked flawlessly.

I'm not saying this is your case, but this is what happened to me. Just check to see if the same isn't happening to you, to rule out this one silly mistake!
      2018 Volvo V90 CC T6 Polestar'd

What It's Like To Own A Volvo V90 Cross Country?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYbC8bg-N8c

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Volvolic View Post
      I probably thought that my next/right button had intermittently stopped working at least ten times in the past 18 months of ownership. Used to push next, nothing would happen, curse and click random buttons (left/center), and then it would randomly work just fine. I brought it to my SA's attention, but it worked every time I showed it to him.

Didn't figure out why until I saw some message displayed on the Tachometer screen (low gas/Wiper fluid low/etc.). So when I kept scrolling right to change the track being played, it kept cycling on the message on the display Tach screen, which I didn't pay attention to. As soon as I clicked the center button and made the message go away, the right button worked flawlessly.

I'm not saying this is your case, but this is what happened to me. Just check to see if the same isn't happening to you, to rule out this one silly mistake!
      It's not. I made a video to show the dealership.
      It doesn't work for anything in any combinations anymore.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

Quote Originally Posted by rumyn View Post
      I had mine replaced under warranty.. It's a know problem. They have to replace the wiring harness for the steering wheel - NOT the buttons. I don't have any more details, but I expect that there is something on here to inform you more.
      Cheers from "down under" Australia... s5156
      2018 XC60 D4 Inscription, Pine Grey, Premium Pack (B&W, Black Napa, Air Susp), Full Window Tint

There's a TJ for it. We replace the switches and the harness. It comes as a kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
      There's a TJ for it. We replace the switches and the harness. It comes as a kit.
      Thanks, Tech!

Lemon Law Buyback thread

My left media channel selector sticks on my 20 xc60.
      2020 xc60 "Polestar Engineered", crystal white.
      2019 xc40 T5-R Bursting Blue Premium & Advanced Packs.

Funny, mine just started randomly doing this yesterday, exact same symptom -next button stops responding - nothing on center display causing it. I did find that smacking the hell out of it will cause it to start working, so if it is the harness and not the switch module, maybe I'm just jarring whatever is loose enough to make a connection again. YMMV....

Quote Originally Posted by cb62fcni View Post
      Funny, mine just started randomly doing this yesterday, exact same symptom -next button stops responding - nothing on center display causing it. I did find that smacking the hell out of it will cause it to start working, so if it is the harness and not the switch module, maybe I'm just jarring whatever is loose enough to make a connection again. YMMV....
      Same thing. After hitting it a couple of times it's working again. But it's been a persistent problem ever since we got the car in November.
      Dealer appointment is set for next Friday. They said they're aware of the TJ. Hope they just replace it and that's that.

Lemon Law Buyback thread

Quote Originally Posted by cb62fcni View Post
      I did find that smacking the hell out of it will cause it to start working
      ah yes, the old tried and true method...
      2020 xc60 "Polestar Engineered", crystal white.
      2019 xc40 T5-R Bursting Blue Premium & Advanced Packs.

Quote Originally Posted by xgman View Post
      ah yes, the old tried and true method...
      Ha! My steering wheel controls should consider themselves lucky that I don't keep a hammer in the glovebox!

15. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements